******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Yeah, if you would've told me the Eagles would score 29 points against the Steelers, I would've said you're nuts.  With that SLOP of a O-Line and without their starting WR's?  29 points should've been enough to win that game.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    My god eagles fans are idiots. The defense has gotten absolutely abused by the two teams they’ve played who had real nfl QBs and people are ripping Wentz?  Literally one starting offensive lineman and two practice squad receivers and wentz gives them a chance to beat a really good team and we are focusing on one or two poor passes? My god you want him to put up forty points to win with that slop?  I mean he gave them a chance to take the lead late with all that and an awful defense and people are focused on Wentz here.  Idiotic.  Look at the other side of the ball. The defense fucking blows
    Well, yes. Some Eagles fans are idiots. Especially those who cannot realize two things can be true. 

Through 5 games, the defense has given up 29 points a game. Horrible! So horrible that only 9 teams are worse.
    Also through 5 games, the quarterback is ranked 32nd in qb rating. Horrible! So horrible that....checks notes.... no quarterbacks are ranked worse. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing.htm#passing::pass_cmp
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm#all_team_scoring

(and fyi--if you don't like rating, there are plenty of other categories where he is ranked near the bottom)

This team stinks.

Well I thought Wentz played really well yesterday and was not close to the reason they lost.   And there might not be another QB in the league that has a worse line and worse weapons at the moment. Is there another team that has played any amount of time without 4 starting offensive linemen and no starting wide receivers?  Yes he sucked the 1st few weeks but has been pretty good the last two weeks even with such shit around him.  And the defense has sucked all year.  It's like McNabb all over again.  Surround him with utter shit and expect him to be great all the time.
    Oooomph.....Comparing Wentz to the best qb in Eagles history? Really? Yikes.

Look he played okay yesterday. But he still took bad sacks and missed passes that a qb of, what should be, his caliber should not miss---including that horrible interception which prompted my post that seemed to hurt your feelings. That was literally the only thing I said about him all game. I mean, do you want to take a stab at defending that throw? If not, then your post is utter trash as usual. He deserves to be criticized for it. 

I actually thought the o line held up pretty well yesterday actually, all things considered. The bright side is the young guys get to play and some of them are playing pretty well. And I guess Wentz not sucking for two weeks in a row is a step in the right direction for him. Yay.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited October 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    My god eagles fans are idiots. The defense has gotten absolutely abused by the two teams they’ve played who had real nfl QBs and people are ripping Wentz?  Literally one starting offensive lineman and two practice squad receivers and wentz gives them a chance to beat a really good team and we are focusing on one or two poor passes? My god you want him to put up forty points to win with that slop?  I mean he gave them a chance to take the lead late with all that and an awful defense and people are focused on Wentz here.  Idiotic.  Look at the other side of the ball. The defense fucking blows
    Well, yes. Some Eagles fans are idiots. Especially those who cannot realize two things can be true. 

Through 5 games, the defense has given up 29 points a game. Horrible! So horrible that only 9 teams are worse.
    Also through 5 games, the quarterback is ranked 32nd in qb rating. Horrible! So horrible that....checks notes.... no quarterbacks are ranked worse. 

(and fyi--if you don't like rating, there are plenty of other categories where he is ranked near the bottom)

This team stinks.

Well I thought Wentz played really well yesterday and was not close to the reason they lost.   And there might not be another QB in the league that has a worse line and worse weapons at the moment. Is there another team that has played any amount of time without 4 starting offensive linemen and no starting wide receivers?  Yes he sucked the 1st few weeks but has been pretty good the last two weeks even with such shit around him.  And the defense has sucked all year.  It's like McNabb all over again.  Surround him with utter shit and expect him to be great all the time.

Look he played okay yesterday. But he still took bad sacks and missed passes that a qb of, what should be, his caliber should not miss---including that horrible interception which prompted my post that seemed to hurt your feelings. That was literally the only thing I said about him all game. I mean, do you want to take a stab at defending that throw? If not, then your post is utter trash as usual. He deserves to be criticized for it. 

I actually thought the o line held up pretty well yesterday actually, all things considered. The bright side is the young guys get to play and some of them are playing pretty well. And I guess Wentz not sucking for two weeks in a row is a step in the right direction for him. Yay.

if you are talking about the 1st interception Ertz was violently bumped (blatant interference actually) and quit on the play - not Went'z fault.  the last one was a desperation pass that no one but you and stat geeks give a fuck about.  I remember one really bad screen pass and one sack that he was trying to make a play on. 

and Wentz is already better than McNabb.  If you are going just by stats, Wentz's coming into this season were far superior than most QBs in their first 4 years for TDs, Interceptions, 3rd down completions just to name a few.  I'd have to find Reuben Frank's  off season stories/tweets about them if you aren't aware.

Let's not overreact to the 1st 2 or 3 games this season.  Of course look at me trying to tell Eagles fans not to overraction...doh.  some history below from Reuben Frank last year.

From Dec 30th 2019

If you are still a Carson Wentz hater after reading this? There’s no hope for you. 

As Wentz prepares for his NFL playoff debut, let’s recap some of the remarkable accomplishments from his fourth NFL season and from his career so far:

First in NFL history: Wentz on Sunday became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw 20 or more touchdowns and seven or fewer interceptions in three straight seasons. Only Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have done it twice.

Elite company: Wentz’s 607 pass attempts this year are fourth-most ever by a quarterback throwing seven or fewer interceptions. Only Brady (624 in 2015), Rodgers (610 in 2016) and Matt Ryan (608 in 2018) had more.

Wentz and Rodgers: Wentz has thrown 35 interceptions in his career, or one every 58.7 pass attempts. That’s the second-best INT ratio in NFL history, behind only Rodgers (72.2). That’s with the NFL’s minimum requirement of 1,500 attempts.

Amazing consistency: Wentz is the third QB in NFL history to throw a TD in all 16 games in a season and finish with seven or fewer interceptions. Brady in 2010 and Ryan in 2016 also did it. Wentz was the only QB to throw a TD pass in all 16 games this year.

NFL's longest streak: Wentz will take a streak of 19 consecutive regular-season games with a touchdown pass into 2020, second-longest in Eagles history behind his own 22-game streak set over 2016 through 2018 and the longest current streak in the NFL. 

No picks: Wentz had an NFL-high 11 games this year with at least one touchdown and no interceptions. The only other QB who did that was Russell Wilson. Over the last three years, only Wilson (28) and Rodgers (25) have more such games than Wentz (23). 

Avoiding mistakes: Wentz has had 23 games in his career with 30 or more attempts and no interceptions, most ever by a quarterback in his first four seasons. Derek Carr has also had 23.

First four years: Wentz’s 97 touchdown passes are ninth-most in NFL history by a QB in his first four seasons. Of the 28 quarterbacks with at least 80 TD passes in their first four seasons, Wentz has the best interception ratio. The only QBs in history to average a TD at least every 20 attempts and an INT less than every 50 attempts are Rodgers, Wentz and Dak Prescott.

Joining Cunningham, McNabb and Foles: Wentz on Sunday will become only the fourth quarterback drafted by the Eagles to start a postseason game for the team. Donovan McNabb started 16, Randall Cunningham six and Nick Foles six. 

Lucky 13: The only QBs to throw for 4,000 yards with 25 or more TDs and single-digit INTs this year were Wentz, Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers. Wentz is only the 13th QB in NFL history to have at least one season with 4,000 yards, 25 TDs and single-digit INTs.

Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

if you are talking about the 1st interception Ertz was violently bumped (blatant interference actually) and quit on the play - not Went'z fault.  the last one was a desperation pass that no one but you and stat geeks give a fuck about.  I remember one really bad screen pass and one sack that he was trying to make a play on. 

and Wentz is already better than McNabb.  If you are going just by stats, Wentz's coming into this season were far superior than most QBs in their first 4 years for TDs, Interceptions, 3rd down completions just to name a few.  I'd have to find Reuben Frank's  off season stories/tweets about them if you aren't aware.
    Well shit. Yeah let's retire his number right now!
    I remember seeing Blake Bortles was like 15th in NFL history for passing yards through his first 5 years. Comparing stats with different eras in the NFL is absolutely meaningless.

McNabb won 5 playoff games at this point in his career. Wentz has played in about 15 minutes of one of them. How about letting the guy finish one season healthy and guide us to a playoff win or two before you raise his banner in the Linc. Jesus Christ
    chinese-happy.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yeah, dumb.
    Heard they were looking at 7500
    Can be done safely....but that takes the humans in the equation to be behaving in the proper manner.

This is almost impossible in America, and even more unbelievable in an NFL game environment.

Hope they can keep people safe.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yeah, dumb.
    Can be done safely....but that takes the humans in the equation to be behaving in the proper manner.

This is almost impossible in America, and even more unbelievable in an NFL game environment.

Zero interest in attending. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yeah, dumb.

Zero interest in attending. 
    Wife said the same thing.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

I remember seeing Blake Bortles was like 15th in NFL history for passing yards through his first 5 years. Comparing stats with different eras in the NFL is absolutely meaningless.

McNabb won 5 playoff games at this point in his career. Wentz has played in about 15 minutes of one of them. How about letting the guy finish one season healthy and guide us to a playoff win or two before you raise his banner in the Linc. Jesus Christ
    McNabb achieved a lot yes , but going by who is a better QB , in my opinion Wentz is better and more talented.

McNabb in 2003 started as poorly as Wentz has this year...he just had a lot better talent around him specifically on defense. 

Not sure they have a prayer this week against Baltimore. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

McNabb achieved a lot yes , but going by who is a better QB , in my opinion Wentz is better and more talented.

McNabb in 2003 started as poorly as Wentz has this year...he just had a lot better talent around him specifically on defense. 

Well I am looking forward to his hall of fame induction ceremony then. 

Yeah tough one this week. Tough one every week, except for divisional opponents mostly. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited October 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

Yeah tough one this week. Tough one every week, except for divisional opponents mostly. 
    McNabb hasn't made the Hall...although I believe he should.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

Did I say he was a Hall of Famer yet? McNabb hasn't made the Hall...although I believe he should.
    McNabb has been nominated 3 times for the hall. He's not going to get in and doesn't deserve to. But you think Wentz is already better than him... a guy who is the definition of an "almost hof type player."

Put 2 and 2 together there, genius. So, 2040 induction ceremony? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

Did I say he was a Hall of Famer yet? McNabb hasn't made the Hall...although I believe he should.
    McNabb has been nominated 3 times for the hall. He's not going to get in and doesn't deserve to. But you think Wentz is already better than him... a guy who is the definition of an "almost hof type player."

so you don't understand the difference between accomplishments and talent?  As I said McNabb has accomplished more to this point but I believe Wentz is better and more talented.   I would think someone who so loathed Eli Manning would know the difference between accomplishments and talent...but alas apparently not.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

This team stinks.

so you don't understand the difference between accomplishments and talent?  As I said McNabb has accomplished more to this point but I believe Wentz is better and more talented.   I would think someone who so loathed Eli Manning would know the difference between accomplishments and talent...but alas apparently not.
    So we'll call it a 2039 hall of fame induction ceremony for Wentz then. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    RG Matt Pryor on Reserve/Coivd-19 List

Lane Johnson is also out.

D Jax not playing again. 
    cutz said:
    RG Matt Pryor on Reserve/Coivd-19 List

Lane Johnson is also out.

D Jax not playing again. 
    F U L G H A M
           !!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jackson not playing is crazy.  This dude gets paid to work out in the off-season and play a game or so 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This team is really, really bad.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I remember after the super bowl there was talk of a dynasty...lol.  The Eagles suck big time.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Because why wouldn't there be talk of a dynasty right after a team wins the Super Bowl? Also, hi person from the internet who drops in with nothing to add. Glad you could join us.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    embarrassing! Did the announcers say -5 total yards so far?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    3 tds dropped but....it’s wentz’s fault.  Just beat the division teams and playoffs here we cone
    Three TDs dropped? 
    I saw Sanders double turned on that one.
    What were the other two?

Baltimore is pretty good.
    I think Iggles can beat on rest of the division if they can run the ball some.  Leaving Harry and Hurts to run trick plays only gets you so much.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I need the Iggles to get this to OT and lose.....that way, Lamar can get me some more fantasy points.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    nice hand off, carson.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    That was an amazing series of events in the 4th.

Kelce and Wentz the only two starters left at the end and willed them to within a two point conversion against a great team.  Great effort by wentz
    pjhawks said:
    Kelce and Wentz the only two starters left at the end and willed them to within a two point conversion against a great team.  Great effort by wentz
    gotta love those moral victories.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    I've said it for years with your coach. Dumb decision to go for 2 when you score to make it 17-6, early in 3rd.
    Makes zero sense.
    If he kicks the PAT there, then the game plays out the same rest of the way, he only needs to kick at 30-29 and tie the game up. 
    This weekend we rock Portland