Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• Got it today from amazon Germany - what a beauty!
    Great book for a fantastic video!
  • Mine is shipped from germany. Will come on the 19th though :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Got it today. Ordered last Wednesday from Bull Moose and it arrived today. $29.97
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Order has shipped from Penguin Random House!
  • stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    demetrios said:
    Anyone else in Canada recieved their book from Amazon? Haven't heard anything back from Chapters. 
    yup, received mine today, just north of toronto.  unfortunately mine is going right back as they shipped it in an empty box, with minimal protection and 3 corners are smashed and there is a tear in the spine.  oh well, good thing they refund easily, but very frustrating as it's oos everywhere
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    RiotZact said:
    Order has shipped from Penguin Random House!

Fantastic! :) 
  • I need to finish reading the first Nancy Drew-book, before this arrives
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    UPDATE ON THE SPECIAL EDITIONS.
    I posted much of this a week or so ago, but am still getting questions from people who reserved copies so I'm reposting and clarifying.
    At this point, I’m processing sending out copies to the book’s contributors and doing Special Editions for the winners of the contest that I held in the “Do the Evolution” FB Group. That’s about 20 drawings and books to be processed. I’m planning to have those out by the end of the month.
    The rest of the Special Orders will start to go out a week or so after the Election as I’m pretty sure that the Post Office is going to be fully overwhelmed by the combination of millions of ballots by our fellow citizens who are voting by mail to avoid infection from the Virus and the recent cutbacks on the Post Office by the Federal government.
    It's clear that the P.O. is certain to be gobsmacked for the next month. So I’ll start taking payments on Paypal and sending orders out around the middle of November. I’ll need that month or so regardless, to draw the sketches and process the Special Editions.
    Here’s a sample of one of the “sketches”.
    Look for an announcement on when I can start taking orders on Paypal after the first week of November.
    Best,
    Joe

• ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    Got mine from Penguin Books today. I ordered yesterday after canceling my Amazon order since that was going to be delayed by 1-2 months. Beautiful book. Can't wait to dig into it tonight.
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • While Penguin was indeed very quick, was anyone else's order shipped in a box much too large for the book?  Mine came damaged, likely due to a lot of moving around during transit.
  • ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    Mine had an insane amount of indestructible bubble wrap so it was incredibly secure. My 9-year-old daughter wanted to pop the bubble wrap but gave up. Never have I seen a kid so pissed off / disappointed at packaging

More Cowbell said: by
    While Penguin was indeed very quick, was anyone else's order shipped in a box much too large for the book?  Mine came damaged, likely due to a lot of moving around during transit.

Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    It's finally here and it's an absolute beauty! :flushed: A big thank you to all the contributors! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    Mine arrived. That was quick!!

I wonder if the "Emil Gustavason" in the thank you notes could be me, but badly misspelled... maybe not..
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

• RD171825RD171825 Posts: 436
    Says unavailable on Amazon. Is it completely sold out or will more be available?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    RD171825 said:
    Says unavailable on Amazon. Is it completely sold out or will more be available?
    The first run was 3500 I believe. I'm sure they'll order more
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pearl-jam-joe-pearson/1125902131?ean=9781631407413
    I miss igotid88
    RD171825 said:

Not sure. You live in Canada right? I would say try Chapters or Coles. My local Chapters had a few copies, sold out now.
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    demetrios said:

Did anyone notice the picture of the lady on the binder isn’t what is on the book now, it’s the back to what the original binder had.  The guy. 
    So I think there is either an error, or I am missing a page. In the chapter “Admire Me, Admire My Home” the page cuts off mid sentence, then is followed by several image only pages and eventually the beginning of the next chapter. The sentence never gets finished. Anyone else notice this? (Sorry for all of the pics but this is the order the pages go in after the incomplete sentence until the next chapter starts).

• RiotZact said:

Is that what you think happened there?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    RiotZact said:
    Is that what you think happened there?
    Yes. But will double check if I have an extra page

EDIT: In the table of contests it says "admire me..." is chapter 6. But on the actual chapter it says that it is chapter 5... 

and mine is having the same problem yours is having. The cut of sentence.. So maybe pages are missing... or it is just a few words that didn't get copied correctly or the textbox being too small for the content (this should have been checked before export though.. so)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    KW6232 said: Did anyone notice the picture of the lady on the binder isn’t what is on the book now, it’s the back to what the original binder had. The guy. 
    You're right... :pensive::wink:
    RiotZact said:
    So I think there is either an error, or I am missing a page. In the chapter “Admire Me, Admire My Home” the page cuts off mid sentence, then is followed by several image only pages and eventually the beginning of the next chapter. The sentence never gets finished. Anyone else notice this?
    I got the exact same thing. It should be a typo...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Thanks for the info guys! They only had 5 years to get it right 😂.

Pretty amazing book overall though. Love reading about all of the backstory and how involved Eddie was with everything. 
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Mine was delivered Monday... Ordered in 2017, and it took AMAZON merely a few days to put it in a box, zero packing materials around it, and smashed corners upon arrival.  Nicely done Amazon. Assholes
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Mine was delivered Monday... Ordered in 2017, and it took AMAZON merely a few days to put it in a box, zero packing materials around it, and smashed corners upon arrival.  Nicely done Amazon. Assholes
    Mine was packed in thin cardboard tight to the book with no packing (amazon.de). some bent corners, but nothing to complain to them about.
    badge icon
    I've got an order reserved for the 100 copies of the Special Edition books and IDW has assured me that they are in stock from the first print run. So the Special Edition copies will be First Run Edition.

Comix Asylum Podcast: Episode 3 - Joe Pearson talks Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution

Joe Pearson talks about his new book, Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution, working with Eddie Vedder and Todd McFarlane on the Grammy nominated music video that the book is based on and how relevant the video is to this day.