Sweet Relief is getting released for RSD, but 'not really' RSD this year!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    edited June 2020
    A Benefit For Victoria Williams 2LP w/ etching on Side D RSD Exclusive 2020 ROCK/POP COLLECTIONS LEGACY 0972749 UPC: 194397274912 Release Date: 10/24/2020

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2020
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    So.. they're going to make people lineup 3 times for RSD?   RSD seems the opposite of social distancing.    Release cool new vinyl on a specific date in limited quantities.    It causes people to wait in lines and then once the store opens to become pretty crowded.

Luckily there wasn't much I wanted from the RSD list this year.  Maybe I'll be able to find sweet relief online.

That's pretty much the only title I'm ISO on that RSD '20 list. The Sweet Relief vinyl. That's it. Maybe they will update the list with newer titles? Newer Pearl Jam related titles? Who knows. Let's see what will go down on June 1st.
    I’m pretty pumped about the RE of Suck on This by Primus! Classic album.  The Nativity in Black album with all the Sabbath covers is worth having just for Faith No Moore’s live version of War Pigs. 
    Just digging into this a bit...  hope I can grab those three
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    So.. they're going to make people lineup 3 times for RSD?   RSD seems the opposite of social distancing.    Release cool new vinyl on a specific date in limited quantities.    It causes people to wait in lines and then once the store opens to become pretty crowded.

Luckily there wasn't much I wanted from the RSD list this year.  Maybe I'll be able to find sweet relief online.

That's pretty much the only title I'm ISO on that RSD '20 list. The Sweet Relief vinyl. That's it. Maybe they will update the list with newer titles? Newer Pearl Jam related titles? Who knows. Let's see what will go down on June 1st.
    I’m pretty pumped about the RE of Suck on This by Primus! Classic album.  The Nativity in Black album with all the Sabbath covers is worth having just for Faith No Moore’s live version of War Pigs. 
    Just digging into this a bit...  hope I can grab those three
    Oh yeah that Nativity in Black album is awesome! I still own it on cassette.

One of my favorites of the album is by Type O Negative.

https://youtu.be/tH9wBP1lvuo
    Sweet Relief: A Benefit for Victoria Williams album was released today back in 1993.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    edited August 2020
    I don't see this listed on the Record Store Day website anymore. I hope that doesn't mean it was scrapped. 
    Edit: It's not listed on Amoeba anymore either.
    Post edited by Jed on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    Maybe moved to november?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I noticed that yesterday and emailed RSD. They said that they were asked to take it off the list, but she didn’t know why. She did say she would email me if they got another release date. Sweet Relief and the the Bob Mould live record we’re the two I was really looking forward to. 
    Jed said:
    I don't see this listed on the Record Store Day website anymore. I hope that doesn't mean it was scrapped. 
    Edit: It's not listed on Amoeba anymore either.

That sucks. Only RSD title I was looking forward to picking up. 
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    Crazy Mary would have been a good 10C 7". One day those will show up!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
    Crazy Mary would have been a good 10C 7". One day those will show up!

Indeed it would be.

Bull Moose update the street date of the Sweet Relief vinyl to 12/31/2025. :|

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Maybe it'll come out on RSD next year, or be available as a non rsd release?
  • Maybe Black Friday.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Maybe Black Friday.

I have to assume with RSD being spread out over the next 3 months, that there won't be a black friday one this year?
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743
    Still part of the list for the third drop in the UK....

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-drop-october/various-artists-3/

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Zod said:
    Maybe Black Friday.

I have to assume with RSD being spread out over the next 3 months, that there won't be a black friday one this year?
    Black Friday RSD 2020 has been confirmed so far
    Many online record sites still have it listed for the October 24th release, though with the official RSD website taking it down, doubt this release will happen this year. :( 
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    I assume this isn’t coming out.  I was so looking forward to this release too.  

Anyone know why it isn’t coming out ??
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    stickman said:
    I assume this isn’t coming out.  I was so looking forward to this release too.  

Anyone know why it isn’t coming out ??
    I emailed RSD after it wasn't listed anymore and they responded that they were asked to remove it from the drop list, but she said there was no reason given. I checked the Black Friday drop list, but it is not on there either.
    I emailed RSD after it wasn't listed anymore and they responded that they were asked to remove it from the drop list, but she said there was no reason given. I checked the Black Friday drop list, but it is not on there either.
    Thanks for the info !

So it was removed from the drop list, and no explanation given.  Such a bummer !   Was so hoping to be giving that a listen.  Summer of Drugs or Frying Pan are two of my favorite songs.  Was really looking forward to this release, just hope it happens.  
  • LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    This record was a benefit project back then.
    Maybe the reason this release was cancelled is that this wasn't intended to be a benefit release this time. Or at least I didn't read any info that this RSD release will benefit the Sweet relief musicians fund.
    I believe it went to a multiple sclerosis fund as well. Which is a great cause, and hopefully they can work something out for the charity.  Who knows, maybe they don’t have the rights to the music anymore ?? 
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743
    Given that RSD was originally set for April and that this was only pulled from the third (October) Drop fairly recently, it’s probably safe to assume these were all pressed up, ready to go, and are now just sitting in a warehouse somewhere.   Hopefully common sense will prevail and they won’t all be sent to landfill.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    So...this record is the new "Art of Evolution" book?

Hopefully not
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    edited October 2020
    Lucky enough to score an copy of the original from 93. Very nice record
    Post edited by Robbert on

Hopefully not

Sad it's not happening this year. 
  • demetrios said:

Hopefully not

You mean the book?
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    edited October 2020
    ? Juno Records Sweet Reliief 2LP coming soon.

https://www.juno.co.uk/search/?q[title][]="sweet+relief%3A+a+benefit+for+victoria+williams"&hide_forthcoming=0
    Post edited by RW8297 on
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    perhaps they released 2,000 copies might be a cluster fuck?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    pierjam said:
    demetrios said:

Hopefully not

You mean the book?

Obviously, the book has happened. My point was that this vinyl release could possibly be the new book in terms of repeated delays.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"