The Golf Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Played yesterday for the first time in 2 months.  Had been dealing with tendinitis in my wrist and wasn't able to play...such brutal timing.  Golfing was the only thing keeping me sane during this pandemic.  Getting right back into it this week with a golf trip up to Grand Geneva in Wisconsin.  Playing 36 Friday and 36 Saturday with a group of 8 guys.  Should be a great time.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    no “easing into it” for indifference. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    no “easing into it” for indifference. :lol:
    Ha.   I understand why there is tendinitis.

just kidding Indifference.  Get after it!
    Yeah probably overdoing it but we've had this trip planned for months so going to try to power through.  We'll see how it goes...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Anyone watch that Payne's Valley thing yesterday? Course looks sick
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    sooo......collateral damage to our 100 mph windstorm that blew over a bunch of trees two weeks ago.

we get our irrigation water from a canal that brings it from the jordan river to our two ponds...the canal was breached upstream when a tree along it blew over and wrecked the concrete canal.....all the water was diverted into some poor sap’s backyard....the canal still isn’t fixed and our pond water is rapidly diminishing....we can only water tees and greens....the course is getting crispy.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Anyone watch that Payne's Valley thing yesterday? Course looks sick

Watched bits and pieces of it. Course looks ridiculous.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Aronimink is such a great course. Men can overpower it. Cool to see the strategy with the women a bit 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Got my Masters email today.  Doing online merch orders in early November for ticket/badge holders. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    Got my Masters email today.  Doing online merch orders in early November for ticket/badge holders. 

At least you get that.  I was hoping they would open up merch orders to the public this year...bummer.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I'd love access to some Masters merch.  Struck out on the lottery once again.  I read today that Bryson is planning on putting a 48 inch driver in the bag for Augusta with hopes of reaching an average club head speed of 200 mph.  This dude is changing the game.
    bbiggs said:
    I'd love access to some Masters merch.  Struck out on the lottery once again.  I read today that Bryson is planning on putting a 48 inch driver in the bag for Augusta with hopes of reaching an average club head speed of 200 mph.  This dude is changing the game.
    Fuck him.

A month away!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited October 2020
    bbiggs said:
    It is amazing how the USGA, PGA and R&A are losing control of the pro game.  

When Rory feels like he needs more swing speed there is a problem.  It is an odd game that allows equipment improvements to improve play and not just physical ability.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    I wouldn't rock Augusta or Masters gear unless I actually went.
    bbiggs said:

When Rory feels like he needs more swing speed there is a problem.  It is an odd game that allows equipment improvements to improve play and not just physical ability.  
    It's like baseball condoning corked bats in a way...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    bbiggs said:

It's like baseball condoning corked bats in a way...
    Pros are definitely more fit and athletic, but equipment makes it a lot easier to hit drives with balls that don’t spin as much and clubs that are more forgiving.
    Agree with the comments above.  I've said it before that the integrity of the game is being ruined by technology.  JT just said the other day that he needs to gain more speed as well.  Have you seen him swing a club?  Dude has tremendous speed.  They're all trying to keep up with Bryson.  JT said flat out that he's "not going to gain 40 lbs. or he'd look like a beach ball."  I'm paraphrasing, but we know what that's in reference to.  And then Bryson saying he's going to play Augusta like it's never been played before.  Sounds awful to me.

MLB allowing corked bats is a good analogy.  Or MLB ditching wood bats to go to aluminum.  They'd be hitting 600 foot homers just like the PGA pros are driving it 400+.  It's dumb.
    I wouldn't rock Augusta or Masters gear unless I actually went.
    I'm very much the same way with most things.  I'd usually feel like a fraud.  But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't rock a sweet Masters shirt on the course lol

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    edited October 2020
    If y'all ever get a chance to go to Augusta DO IT! I've been fortunate enough to have worked there (2013 Masters) and attend as a patron (14', 17', and 21' next April). 

You get spoiled big time compared to other sports events. Really is nothing else like it. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Jack Nicklaus. Come on, man.
    eddiec said:
    I mean it’s literally the least shocking endorsement ever but yeah...jack has always sucked 
    eddiec said:
    I mean it’s literally the least shocking endorsement ever but yeah...jack has always sucked 
    Yeah not shocking at all.  Rich, old white guy is a Republican and supports Trump.  Pretty standard.
    eddiec said:
    Yeah not shocking at all.  Rich, old white guy is a Republican and supports Trump.  Pretty standard.
    Him and Weezy!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    True story.  One of my best friends used to work in an ER near lil wayne's place in Arizona.  For some reason he spends a ton of time in the Phoenix area.  He would REGULARLY be taken into the ER and just walked right back with a hoodie or blanket over his head but because he was so fucked up on that lean shit or whatever.  HIPPA be dammed, there are pictures.  He doesn't have a quarter of a brain cell left.
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    True story.  One of my best friends used to work in an ER near lil wayne's place in Arizona.  For some reason he spends a ton of time in the Phoenix area.  He would REGULARLY be taken into the ER and just walked right back with a hoodie or blanket over his head but because he was so fucked up on that lean shit or whatever.  HIPPA be dammed, there are pictures.  He doesn't have a quarter of a brain cell left.
    It's the height of hypocrisy to me. Republicans chastised Obama for accepting people like Jay Z and Beyonce to the White House. They'll talk about how undignified it was and all that. But the moment fucking Lil Wayne or 50 Cent or whoever endorses Trump, they embrace them with open arms. Fucking crazy. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    It's the height of hypocrisy to me. Republicans chastised Obama for accepting people like Jay Z and Beyonce to the White House. They'll talk about how undignified it was and all that. But the moment fucking Lil Wayne or 50 Cent or whoever endorses Trump, they embrace them with open arms. Fucking crazy. 
    Buncha whores 
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

Back on topic....47 and sunny today and have a 130 tee time.  Hoping to get full 18 in before the sun goes down.  
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

Back on topic....47 and sunny today and have a 130 tee time.  Hoping to get full 18 in before the sun goes down.  
    Yep. We have a nice weather window coming up here. Take advantage while we can. 
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

That's golf weather, gentlemen!

50 on Sunday here and no Eagles till 8:30 so I'm thinking of getting 18 as well...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

That's golf weather, gentlemen!

50 on Sunday here and no Eagles till 8:30 so I'm thinking of getting 18 as well...
    Had my best round of the year.  Really rounding into form just in time to not play for 4-5 months.  Brutal!