Get It Back is absolute FIRE!!!!!

Comments

• drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    would like to see it on a 7-inch w/ another studio leftover track.
    Just one other? I’m hoping for another Lost Dogs situation here, ha!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    I could not resist this. Taken up bandwidth and your time because I am immature. But I miss "Fire, Fire, Fire" 
    taste my kids The Banned BB Episodes Of 1993

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE  Disney characters Episodes tv series Series mtv

Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    #19 on ITunes Rock Songs
    I miss igotid88
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Unpopular opinion.  Not really great for me as a studio track.  It's not a bad jam but I also won't listen to it a bunch and Gigaton is better without it. Grateful it was released to 10c and streaming though.  It has some potential to be bad ass live.  There are definitely studio versions of songs I haven't liked that I now love after a show/bootleg. Best part for me is the final 30 seconds of Mike.  

Super thrilled there is some unearthed 2018 recordings. Makes you think there is more.  Would love for that Lost Dogs 2 to tide us over until the 2021 tour.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    would like to see it on a 7-inch w/ another studio leftover track.
    Wasn't the B-side to the DotC 7" blank?

Neat.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    I like it much better than Take The Long Way, but cannot really decide if it would have made the pacing issues on the back half of Gigaton better or worse. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I like it....it does sound like a Matt tune...of which I would like to hear more of
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I like it. 

Seems they have material for a lost dogs type release. This one, can’t deny me and of the earth are known to be recorded. Plus the leftovers Mike talked about several years ago from Backspacer and LB. 
  • 🔥+ one more !
    6 exclamation points would be ostentatious 
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    tdawe said:
    I like it much better than Take The Long Way, but cannot really decide if it would have made the pacing issues on the back half of Gigaton better or worse. 
    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! It’s really driving me nuts wondering what went down at the end of these session.  Hopefully it’ll become clear soon
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    I like it....it does sound like a Matt tune...of which I would like to hear more of
    I’ll petition for more Matt tunes if you will, hahaha!!
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    I like it. 

Seems they have material for a lost dogs type release. This one, can’t deny me and of the earth are known to be recorded. Plus the leftovers Mike talked about several years ago from Backspacer and LB. 
    +100
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    drummer1 said:
    I’ll petition to have Get Right back in the set list rotation with ya! 
    SM187650 said:
    drummer1 said:
    I’m in!!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    UPDATE: I checked the song credits on Spotify and this is in fact another gem written by none other than Matt Fucking Cameron. What a guy. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    drummer1 said:
    SM187650 said:
    drummer1 said:
    I’m in!!! 
    Can’t forget In the Moonlight. I love that tune too. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Aficionados give me a new Gigaton track list only adding in Get It Back. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    tdawe said:
    I agree - awesome song but idk if it would have fit and flowed well on Gigaton, doesn't really sound like anything on there. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    mschostok said:
    tdawe said:
    I agree - awesome song but idk if it would have fit and flowed well on Gigaton, doesn't really sound like anything on there. 
    I don't see where it would fit on Gigaton either. I'm glad they left it off, although also happy they've released it separately. 
    I find the song just OK as a whole, the McCready solo really saves it at the end.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    mschostok said:
    tdawe said:
    Well I think it sounds more Gigatonish than Take The Long Way, which to me sticks out like a sore thumb. 

The problem with Gigaton (and don’t get me wrong, I love this album) is that the Buckle Up-River Cross run to end the album is a little draggy and feels like it needs some energy injected somewhere. But you can’t just move TTLW back because then it would be even more jarring. And none of the rockers from the first half deserve to get buried on Side C. 

So maybe you could replace one Cameron song with another and use Get It Back, with the way it builds to the solo, as a way to sneak a little jolt into the back half. Something like Never Destination -> Buckle Up -> Comes Then Goes -> Get It Back -> Retrograde -> River Cross. 

I’m not sure if that’s better. Maybe I’ll actually give it a try sometime and find out. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    tdawe said:
    mschostok said:
    tdawe said:
    Well I think it sounds more Gigatonish than Take The Long Way, which to me sticks out like a sore thumb. 
    Lol at people saying Take the Long Way would be the one sticking out like a sore thumb - when you have Dance of the Clairvoyants as the third songs which with it's from the rest of the album completely removed 80s "dead" production stops the album dead in it's tracks and restarts with a completely different sound. It's jarring.

Sounds like a song thrown in by mistake from a completely different album.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I’d like to see them open with get it back. 

Also... the very beginning of the song makes me think the band is about to rip into a cover of You Get What You Give.  

I’m glad we’re getting new music from the band.  Hope they keep it coming. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    tdawe said:
    mschostok said:
    tdawe said:

The problem with Gigaton (and don’t get me wrong, I love this album) is that the Buckle Up-River Cross run to end the album is a little draggy and feels like it needs some energy injected somewhere. But you can’t just move TTLW back because then it would be even more jarring. And none of the rockers from the first half deserve to get buried on Side C. 

So maybe you could replace one Cameron song with another and use Get It Back, with the way it builds to the solo, as a way to sneak a little jolt into the back half. Something like Never Destination -> Buckle Up -> Comes Then Goes -> Get It Back -> Retrograde -> River Cross. 

I’m not sure if that’s better. Maybe I’ll actually give it a try sometime and find out. 
    Interesting thought. Totally and 100% agree that Buckle Up-River Cross is slow. I think Of the Earth would have been a great around there. Get it Back? Perhaps, I can see where you're coming from. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    this song gave me the chills the first time i heard it. that doesn't happen often. its a very heavy sound that is better than most of gigaton which didn't do much for me. this direction is great and hope they have more up their sleeves like this. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    edited October 2020
    13 songs, 1 hour on the dot. Tough to throw Get It Back in there due to the atmospheric transitions Josh Evans mixed in-between the album tracks. Comes Then Goes does segue so nicely into Retrograde. Anyone else have ideas where to place this one? I feel like it belongs on the album!

Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 265
    It's ok. Nothing too spectacular.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    tylerj said:
    It's ok. Nothing too spectacular.
    Agreed.  5 of 10.  Would have been one of my bottom 3 on Gigaton, along with Take The Long Way and Retrograde.  The end is pretty good though...I'll bump it up to a 6 (after my 2nd listen as type).  I agree, let's get a Lost Dogs 2 with a couple surprises.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    edited October 2020
    What a nice surprise to get this song!  Thank you Pearl Jam!!  

We have three more weeks to survive this current administration and then things will turn around quickly.  I've been thinking lately that as soon as someone who does the actual work of a president gets into office we will feel like things are moving fast.  We've been living in a time in which the person in the office comes in at 11am and leaves at 3 or 4pm and maybe does 30 minutes of an 8 hour day....goes golfing every weekend and goofs off...

To have someone in the office who actually accomplishes things will probably make us feel like we're on a high speed train to somewhere good!  At least, that's a thought I've had the last few days... the turn around will be fast... 
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&