The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I m drinking a nice Pinot Grigio around the fire. Cheers everyone!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Whiskey in the daytime, wine at night? I think for the integrity of this thread you need to change drinks again.
    Whiskey in the daytime, wine at night? I think for the integrity of this thread you need to change drinks again.
    Lol. I m good! Enjoy your Saturday night bud. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Half Acre, you continue to wow me.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    mcgruff10 said:

Can't see ice cube chris!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

23scidoo said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Can't see ice cube chris!!!
    No ice for me!  That bottle was nice and chilled.   
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Some recent ones I’ve had

@Weston1283    Are TreeHouse stouts as good as their IPAs? 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't even know who you are anymore!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:

Anyone know of anyplace in NW Indiana that carries Half Acre or Tree House?

The Trillium brews look fantastic.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:

Tree house is a non-distributing brewery.
    Their packages beers are only available at the brewery.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    TreeHouse can only be purchased at the brewery in Mass.
    Trillium will distribute a few cans and kegs locally but in general its only brewery pickup for them as well
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:

Yeah you'll only find TreeHouse on some re-sale sites at obscene prices.  I've ordered some a couple times but not sure it's worth the prices.

Surprised you can't find Half Acre in NW Indiana....their distribution seems to be all over the place now so you'd think somewhere as close as NW Indiana would have plenty of Half Acre available.
    @Bentleyspop @Weston1283 @Indifference71

Thank you guys for your feedback. I haven't ever done anything on the re-sale sites as I just can't justify dropping so much money on beer. There are enough good brews around Chicagoland, NWI and SW Michigan. 

Now, when I do finally venture out to Mass. it's game on! 

As for Half Acre, Pipeworks or some other Chicago brews, I would definitely think they would be over here by now. I guess I should find a store closer to the state line. Or watch a little less tv some weekend and drive to a Binny's over there.

Thank you guys for your feedback. I haven't ever done anything on the re-sale sites as I just can't justify dropping so much money on beer. There are enough good brews around Chicagoland, NWI and SW Michigan. 

As for Half Acre, Pipeworks or some other Chicago brews, I would definitely think they would be over here by now. I guess I should find a store closer to the state line. Or watch a little less tv some weekend and drive to a Binny's over there.
    Yeah, dude, both breweries have a pretty good distribution reach so I'm surprised they're not making it out to you, being that you're so close to Chicago.  As you said, if a trip over to Binny's isn't too far, you could go and load up on both (and several others) and be in good shape for quite a while. 

You still a fan of greenbush brewery?
    mcgruff10 said:

Absolutely! Had dinner there on Saturday. They were out of brisket by the time I got there, which was disappointing. Went with my go to IPA and tried a new BA strawberry and habanero brew.
    ^ Strawberry and habanero...damn. How did it taste? 
    mcgruff10 said:

Absolutely! Had dinner there on Saturday. They were out of brisket by the time I got there, which was disappointing. Went with my go to IPA and tried a new BA strawberry and habanero brew.
    Man I need to get back there.  The food and beer were on point!
    bbiggs said:
    The flavors melded together well enough. I'm not a big BA guy but this wasn't overwhelming in the least. The habanero was just a short lived bite at the finish. Previously, I had this brewed as an IPA and I did prefer it as a BA. 
    @darwinstheory
    Is journeyman distillery still around?  That place was cool too.
    bbiggs said:
    The flavors melded together well enough. I'm not a big BA guy but this wasn't overwhelming in the least. The habanero was just a short lived bite at the finish. Previously, I had this brewed as an IPA and I did prefer it as a BA. 
    Good deal.  I don't recall ever having a beer brewed with habanero, but I have had a delicious BBA stout brewed with some sort of chile peppers (maybe jalapeno).  As strange as it sounds to have any beer brewed with peppers in it, the taste works in a barrel aged stout for sure.

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Man I need to get back there.  The food and beer were on point!
    Their beer is consistent but I do wish they'd get into the NEIPA game. Their food is aces! Excellent pub style food for sure. It's a fantastic little campus just off 94 as well.
    Another swing and a miss on the Prop Day Lottery.  I'll get a couple bottles of Prop anyway, but it's crazy how hard it is to win this lottery. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    @darwinstheory
    @mcgruff10
    Journeyman is still around. Southwest Michigan is a hotspot for winery's, distilleries and breweries. During the warmer months if you come back and bring the Mrs. I would recommend Round Barn. That is a winery and a brewery. I can't give an accurate judgment on their wine and the beer isn't great but will suffice just fine. But the environment is fantastic on a nice summer/ fall afternoon. But I do recommend wearing your sunglasses as you will be unable to prevent your eyes from wandering. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    @darwinstheory
    @mcgruff10
    Journeyman is still around. Southwest Michigan is a hotspot for winery's, distilleries and breweries. During the warmer months if you come back and bring the Mrs. I would recommend Round Barn. That is a winery and a brewery. I can't give an accurate judgment on their wine and the beer isn't great but will suffice just fine. But the environment is fantastic on a nice summer/ fall afternoon. But I do recommend wearing your sunglasses as you will be unable to prevent your eyes from wandering. 
    Ha ha! Love it!!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @darwinstheory
    @mcgruff10
    Ha ha! Love it!!!
    Nice secluded area (that takes you by Greenbush for lunch or dinner) on a hillside at a vineyard with live entertainment on the weekends. The last time I was there, it was about 80° and there was a birthday party and 4 Bachelorette parties. 🤷‍♂️
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Another swing and a miss on the Prop Day Lottery.  I'll get a couple bottles of Prop anyway, but it's crazy how hard it is to win this lottery. 
    I missed out too.  Signed up my wife and she didn't win either.  But I really can't complain since I won last year and went to the event....pretty much expecting to never win again.
    bbiggs said:
    I missed out too.  Signed up my wife and she didn't win either.  But I really can't complain since I won last year and went to the event....pretty much expecting to never win again.
    Yeah, I remember you winning it last year.  That's awesome.  I wonder what the actual odds are.  Very slim, needless to say.  On a bright note, there are some very tasty-sounding variants this year.  Looking forward to it as always.