Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,373
    Special editions still available?
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Pap said:
    Yes!!
    I won one of the signed books, and Joe is drawing an illustration on it as well. I will share pictures here when it arrives.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Pap said:
    Yes!!
    I won one of the signed books, and Joe is drawing an illustration on it as well. I will share pictures here when it arrives.
    Congrats man! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    you would have to email Joe about that.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Bloody still waiting.. Must be years now... 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Bloody still waiting.. Must be years now... 
    Next week
    I miss igotid88
  • Been waiting for years for the buy button to appear at swedish retailers. Always just "watch this item".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Pap said:
    Yes!!

Sweet! B)
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Amazon is saying that this book will be in my hands in one week. Is this real life? Could this really be happening? 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Its original publication date is today, Tuesday October 6th 2020! :joy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    When I first ordered this I used a different card. I wonder if I'll still get it?
    I miss igotid88
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    RiotZact said:
    Amazon is saying that this book will be in my hands in one week. Is this real life? Could this really be happening? 
    Is this just fantasy?  I think you're caught in a landslide.
    kramer73 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Is this just fantasy?  I think you're caught in a landslide.
    No escape from reality? Fine by me as long as I finally get this fucking book. 
    THEY'RE HERE! I just received my first set of the "Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution" books. And in all modesty, they look and read, PRETTY DAMN GOOD!
    To say that this was a "high" for me to finally hold these puppies in my hand's is an understatement. It was a five year process from the time I first pitched the idea of doing the book to IDW. Five years. The irony of it taking so long to do a book about the record breaking 12 week production of the actual video is ironic to say the least.
    But it is done and published. And done well! I think you will all be pleased by the almost overwhelming wall of art, graphics and text. It's easily the most unique "Art of Animation" book that I've ever seen; a true fusion of animation and the rock and roll aesthetic. The designer at IDW, Robbie Robins, did an amazing job of assembling all of my text and proposed images into a roiling and compelling tidal wave of art and text.
    Thanks Robbie. It was worth wait in the end.
    Here's some photos of the proud "dad" with his baby. That beautiful woman with me in one of the photos is my lovely wife and muse, Lisa. She's also a talented artist/designer in her own right who along with Tina Oliva did all of the character color design for the Do the Evolution video.
    Additional thanks to IDW Editor-in-Chief, Ted Adams for green lighting the book, editor Chris Ryall for all of his hard work, co-producer Terry Fitzgerald for his friendship and fantastic behind-the-scenes text and massive support for this effort, designer Brad Coombs for providing his story of jamming with Eddie, director Kevin Altieri for his extensive 10 page interview, and the Man Todd McFarlane, for contributing his bravura Forward for the book. And of course, Eddie and the band for sanctioning and approving the book and our text.
    Lastly, thanks again to all of you for your patience and friendship. I'll announce the scheduling of book orders and the extended schedule for the mailings of the Special Editions in the next few days.

• UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,373
    kramer73 said:
    I tried emailing and messaging never heard back.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • kramer73 said:
    I tried emailing and messaging never heard back.
    Ditto on the email.  Crickets 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    One swedish onlinbe chain has it up now, ... 36 dollars. 

Wait, another one has it for 33 dollars. I'll bite on that. And throw in a PJ Harvey vinyl to get free shipping.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • You can preorder at Bullmoose for like $29.97. free shipping on orders over 35. 
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    Amazon has this as the Number one New Release... in Tragic Drama and Plays. Interesting list placement but still a number one new release!
  • I was thinking this morning about how the mystique of this book will disappear as soon as we get it. Sure, we'll pour over it for a bit, but ultimately it just gets shelved or tabled. Years of waiting. Hour(s) of reading. Years of shelving. Maybe a fun story for the grandkids..."Once I waited years for a book to ship...then I cut out all the pictures. Couldn't even flip it...applesauce."
    If you ordered from Amazon Canada, check your email! They have finally shipped out! =)

• Pay 18 euros (22 dollars) for it from amazon.de... (cheapest in Sweden was 38 dollars)

... hopefully it shows up.
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    ry75guy said:
    demetrios said:

every American has the right to vote

Isn't this factually untrue.
    Yep. People under 18 and felons in some states
    YOU AGE-IST.  I can't believe the small minded people on this board :).  Just joking.  In all seriousness, I hope if you are eligible you do in fact go vote.  I just dropped my ballot off in Milton Township, Illinois this past weekend.

Like the sticker says - "I voted early by mail."
    There's no need to say goodbye
    Amazon US is still saying that it will be here tomorrow even though it hasn’t shipped yet, along with another book that I have preordered that comes out tomorrow. I live in Philly and I’ve had things ship and arrive on the same day, so I’m hoping for a confirmation by tomorrow morning. 
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    RiotZact said:
    Amazon US is still saying that it will be here tomorrow even though it hasn’t shipped yet, along with another book that I have preordered that comes out tomorrow. I live in Philly and I’ve had things ship and arrive on the same day, so I’m hoping for a confirmation by tomorrow morning. 
    I got this email on 9/29 about the book. I ordered book back in 2018. Also it still says on the description of book on Amazon that we will email you when we have a shipping date. I hope this ships soon. 
  • Maybe with the distribution of this book, Yield will finally sell enough copies for double platinum status in the United States. It's such a wonderful album! 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Pay 18 euros (22 dollars) for it from amazon.de... (cheapest in Sweden was 38 dollars)

... hopefully it shows up.
    Got my shipping notice from Amazon.de just now. Delivery on 20th October 
    Kearnsy