Options

Please join Jill Biden & Doug Emhoff for a conversation with Eddie Vedder Jeff Ament Stone Gossard

2»

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    Got the link. 
  • Options
    So....I am on this Zoom and voting for Joe, no exception, but I have to say, the way this was positioned was as an exclusive experience in which one could win a special experience. The words “meet and greet” and “conversation with” don’t align with a passive experience, which is what this will be. 

“And, that’s why I’m excited today to let you know about a special meet-and-greet on October 8th with the band Pearl Jam, Dr. Jill Biden, and me, in support of Joe, Kamala, and Democrats down the ballot! You can join us for a personal conversation face-to-face on a private Zoomcall, all you have to do is donate and you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win.”

I am still excited about the call, am a bit disappointed in how the Biden campaign (and maybe the band) positioned this....
  • Options
    I guess Nothings As It Seems. 
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    Can you sniff hair via the radio ?
  • Options
    SD282516 said:
    So....I am on this Zoom and voting for Joe, no exception, but I have to say, the way this was positioned was as an exclusive experience in which one could win a special experience. The words “meet and greet” and “conversation with” don’t align with a passive experience, which is what this will be. 

“And, that’s why I’m excited today to let you know about a special meet-and-greet on October 8th with the band Pearl Jam, Dr. Jill Biden, and me, in support of Joe, Kamala, and Democrats down the ballot! You can join us for a personal conversation face-to-face on a private Zoomcall, all you have to do is donate and you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win.”

I am still excited about the call, am a bit disappointed in how the Biden campaign (and maybe the band) positioned this....
    SO JILL - HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE RIOT ACT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    $100 to watch Pearl Jam talk with the spouses of the people that are actually running. Joe himself will show up for Cardi B...but not for Pearl Jam. 
    What would be weird about showing up for megasuperstar Cardi B?
    My point is you're paying to see the spouses talk to PJ, and you get the actual candidate talking to Cardi B for free. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    $100 to watch Pearl Jam talk with the spouses of the people that are actually running. Joe himself will show up for Cardi B...but not for Pearl Jam. 
    What would be weird about showing up for megasuperstar Cardi B?
    My point is you're paying to see the spouses talk to PJ, and you get the actual candidate talking to Cardi B for free. 
    Yea but they've been doing these zooms recently with the casts of Parks and Rec, Veep, The Princess Bride,and Will Grace recently 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    My man saw the videos for Dance of the Clairvoyants and WAP then made the careful decision about which meeting to attend personally
  • Options
    Was that possibly a live Small Town?  I didn’t recognize. Also this weird loop of PJ images and songs getting old. Prob having difficulties...
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Options
    Jill Biden in the PJ shirt!!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    if it didn't start soon, i may have to vote for the orange man LOL
  • Options
    I have that same Dylan shirt that Stone is wearing. I wore it yesterday :)
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    Doug Emhoff with a PJ shirt too!
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    I was really expecting Eddie to have a bottle of wine with him. Force of habit, I guess.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    Loved the laugh that followed EV's comment on enrolling in Dr. Biden's class... what fun!

• Options
    ;)

• Options
    It was cute when Mike's kid popped into the screen for a second at the end, and he kind of shooed him away.
  • Options
    I don't know what this is.

But it is not rock and roll.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    aliciav said:
    Loved the laugh that followed EV's comment on enrolling in Dr. Biden's class... what fun!

Are you able to recording it? 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options

Being an activist when you're successful in your 50s takes a different shape than when you're hungry in your 20s. I don't always agree with their positions, but I'd be doing the same thing if I had the reach they do.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    It was cute when Mike's kid popped into the screen for a second at the end, and he kind of shooed him away.
    That was a cute cameo. Perfect timing, too.
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    aliciav said:

Are you able to recording it? 
    No video; I nerded out and took a few pics to capture the experience, and mood.  :)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited October 2020
    pjl44 said:

Being an activist when you're successful in your 50s takes a different shape than when you're hungry in your 20s. 
    Do not agree.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    pjl44 said:

Being an activist when you're successful in your 50s takes a different shape than when you're hungry in your 20s. 
    Do not agree.
    You don’t have to ;)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited October 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    pjl44 said:

Do not agree.
    You don’t have to ;)

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Do not agree.
    Who is someone you would point to on their level doing it more to your taste?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Did anyone happen to capture this stream?
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    A debate on which candidate is less senile. 

The future is bright folks.  
    There are ignorant trolls everywhere 
    In the white house
    On a Pearl Jam fan board
    Everywhere
    Biden is an awful candidate - truly dreadful. 

Being better than Trump isn’t much to celebrate.

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Do not agree.
    Who is someone you would point to on their level doing it more to your taste?
    Anyone not express-mailing some band t-shirt to a wife of a politician to wear while having a zoom/microsoft teams/skype chat.. about... things...