Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy, Volume 2 . Pearl Jam new song - Get It Back

Comments

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,926
    Yeah, I know it was for a good cause but $20 for a b-side mp3 is expensive. I might just be cheap though 🤔😆
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Could have been on the Dance of Clairvoyants B-side instead of having... what is the name of song that was on the B-side of the DoC single now again?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited October 2020
    tino_11 said:
    Yeah, I know it was for a good cause but $20 for a b-side mp3 is expensive. I might just be cheap though 🤔😆
    It was $20 for almost 80 songs. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    tino_11 said:
    Wasn't this how it was in the 90s.  Buying Sweet Relief for Crazy Mary. Buying Chicago Cab for Hard to Imagine.   Buying soundtracks, tributes, just to get that one song was a staple of our youth :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    tino_11 said:
    This is well worth the $20. I would’ve gladly paid $20 if PJ wasn’t on it. Awesome eclectic mix of songs.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Its also over 5 hours of music for $20
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    My wife lost her job a while back. I should not spend money on non-tangible goods, so ill wait until I stumble on it. :( which sucks, but is what it is.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    mfc2006 said:
    tino_11 said:
    This is well worth the $20. I would’ve gladly paid $20 if PJ wasn’t on it. Awesome eclectic mix of songs.
    I would've paid the $20 for sure.  Why only available for one day though???  Makes no sense.  So those of us that forgot about it or didn't know about just cant hear the song?!?  Seems strange to me.  Why wouldn't you want your biggest fans to hear the bands music?
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    mfc2006 said:
    tino_11 said:
    I would've paid the $20 for sure.  Why only available for one day though???  Makes no sense.  So those of us that forgot about it or didn't know about just cant hear the song?!?  Seems strange to me.  Why wouldn't you want your biggest fans to hear the bands music?

Agree.  That's been one of the stranger things about release of new music during this pandemic.  Especially when considering the weight of the coming election- why would you not want to get as wide an audience as possible?  The exclusivity of having albums available for one day in a misguided attempt to drive demand just gives more power to the idea of piracy and alienates fan bases.  I missed the first one and so therefore did not have the chance to hear a new MMJ song.  If someone sent me a link (hint) I would happily download it whereas I would have happily payed for it if I hadn't missed the one day release.  Now that isn't even a choice.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    tino_11 said:
    I agree. It should have been up much longer than it was.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Absolutely agree the one-day-only sales method was strange. As far as fundraising goes the worst thing you can do is make it hard for people to give you their money. This flies in the face of that. 

edited October 2020
    Zod said:
    tino_11 said:
    Wasn't this how it was in the 90s.  Buying Sweet Relief for Crazy Mary. Buying Chicago Cab for Hard to Imagine.   Buying soundtracks, tributes, just to get that one song was a staple of our youth :)
    This is true, although I did this for other artists as I was relative late comer to PJ. 

Of course I knew there was almost 80 songs on there but I was only interested in PJ song (with slight intrigue about Stone's solo contribution). 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    mdgsolo said:
    mfc2006 said:
    tino_11 said:

Agree.  That's been one of the stranger things about release of new music during this pandemic.  Especially when considering the weight of the coming election- why would you not want to get as wide an audience as possible?  The exclusivity of having albums available for one day in a misguided attempt to drive demand just gives more power to the idea of piracy and alienates fan bases.  I missed the first one and so therefore did not have the chance to hear a new MMJ song.  If someone sent me a link (hint) I would happily download it whereas I would have happily payed for it if I hadn't missed the one day release.  Now that isn't even a choice.

It doesn't seem like anything is stopping artists from putting their contributions out themselves, as long as proceeds go to the same cause.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I bet there is a vol 3 in a couple of weeks and they put up 1 and 2 again in a last push for cash before the election.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I bet there is a vol 3 in a couple of weeks and they put up 1 and 2 again in a last push for cash before the election.

Great if they do. Hoping though PJ releases the 7" single on the website in the day's ahead.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    Could have been on the Dance of Clairvoyants B-side instead of having... what is the name of song that was on the B-side of the DoC single now again?
    Girls Just Want To Have Fun
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 

From Good Music  :)

Thank you so much for supporting 'Good Music to Avert the Collapse of American Democracy, Volume 2’ last Friday on Bandcamp! Thanks to all of you, in 24 hours we raised over $300,000 for Voting Rights Lab.

Between Volumes One and Two, we raised over $550,000 for Voting Rights Lab, Color of Change, and Fair Fight. Needless to say, this would not have been possible without all of you.

Most importantly, please vote this November! Check your voter registration, know your ballot, and more now at headcount.org

Something Real

Deaf Charlie

Release Date: October 10, 2020

Downloads include choice of MP3, WAV, or FLAC

"Something Real" Deaf Charlie Words- Ament Music- Ament/Wicks Jeff Ament- Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Keys John Wicks- Drums, Percussion, Keys Marlon Grace -vocals Connor Racicot -keys Andrew Kagerer -trumpet Mitchell Bailey -trombone Cade Chastain -tenor Recorded by Jeff Ament and John Wicks Mixed by Josh Evans

Near

stone gossard

Release Date: October 10, 2020

Downloads include choice of MP3, WAV, or FLAC

Stone Gossard- Near Stone Gossard-All instruments and vocals Josh Evans-Moog & additional synths, Drum programming Recorded and Mixed by Josh Evans

“Get It Back”
    The new Pearl Jam studio single, “Get It Back” was released on Friday, October 2nd as a part of the musical compilation, Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy, Volume 2.

As our gift to you, this is now available on the Downloads page of your membership account.

“Get It Back” will be available on streaming services beginning on Sunday, October 11th.

Anybody else not able to find this in their download section?
  • tino_11 said:
    You’re not the only one.
    evilution said:
    tino_11 said:
    You’re not the only one.

Should be there now.

Coming soon I guess, still nothing in my download section.
    Did you scroll down past the DEEP magazine section? It's not at the top of the page. 

• I don't see it either. :-(
    JimmyV said:
    Did you scroll down past the DEEP magazine section? It's not at the top of the page. 
    Yes, it just shows the previous holiday singles. I'm sure it'll show up soon.
    tino_11 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yes, it just shows the previous holiday singles. I'm sure it'll show up soon.
    Weird. Hope it does appear for you soon. 

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Wondering if it's appearing in order of membership number, lol?  I'll be waiting a bit at 500,000-something if that's the case, lol!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022