Options

Benaroyal Hall Vinyl Sold on Discogs $$$$$$

1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
edited October 2020 in The Porch
Somebody paid top dollar for a sealed copy of a Benny in August 2020. $3499 US. After that 10 clubber got Matt Cameron’s signed copy for $1200. Wow. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,154
    Damn.  I think the guy who got it for $1200 got pretty lucky.  This though, that's insane.  Maybe the person is flush with cash and 3500 is peanuts to them.
  • Options
    KswheelerKswheeler Philadelphia Posts: 72
    I hope they reissue this 
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    people pay crazy money for records when they have the cash. the first misfits record went for over $10,000 a couple months ago. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    A Negative Approach 7” went for $5500 this summer. 
    The fact is though, it’s just like any other art. It is worth what someone will pay for it. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Damn.  I think the guy who got it for $1200 got pretty lucky.  This though, that's insane.  Maybe the person is flush with cash and 3500 is peanuts to them.
    Maybe someone was a little buzzed and shopping on Discogs 😂
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    A Negative Approach 7” went for $5500 this summer. 
    The fact is though, it’s just like any other art. It is worth what someone will pay for it. 
    Holy cow. How many times could you just have John Brannon come over and play the songs for 5k?
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I don't think I could justify it, no matter how much money I had. Having said that, I was considering picking up Aenima by Tool at some point....
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    I don't think I could justify it, no matter how much money I had. Having said that, I was considering picking up Aenima by Tool at some point....
    Yeah, there is that one and the Oysterhead Grand Pecking Order for me. They are getting pricy. Keep hoping for reissues of all Tool and that Oysterhead album. As soon as I spring to buy an OG they will announce the reissue. 

I waited on Wildflowers and Facelift until they got reissued. 
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    i wont be selling mine
    danny d
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Yeah, there is that one and the Oysterhead Grand Pecking Order for me. They are getting pricy. Keep hoping for reissues of all Tool and that Oysterhead album. As soon as I spring to buy an OG they will announce the reissue. 

I understand, to a point, people paying crazy money for an album that is not available on CD/streaming, etc. I don't get paying that much for an album you can just as easily listen to in another way, except if you are a collector and not actually listening to the records.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    hihobibo said:

I understand, to a point, people paying crazy money for an album that is not available on CD/streaming, etc. I don't get paying that much for an album you can just as easily listen to in another way, except if you are a collector and not actually listening to the records.
    I like listening to records. Don’t have a CD player, although I’ve mulled over getting one for artists in the 90s who never released their stuff on wax. 
    I’m a combination of collector/user.  If you take care of the records you can still listen to them and they hold value at VG+. 

People pay money for all kinds of things other people don’t understand 😎

• Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    Did anyone notice one sold on ebay for 400.00 on 8/12/2020. I am curious as to why it has a 2020 date for the first number. Very odd. 
    meaning 2020/ out of 2000.
    I started thinking about the initial run. What is a minimum run of vinyl? It has to be in the thousands. Much more than 2000.  There is a warehouse full of them in Seattle. Just sitting there. The ultimate waste. Spin not sit. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,178
    edited October 2020
    densan said:
    Did anyone notice one sold on ebay for 400.00 on 8/12/2020. I am curious as to why it has a 2020 date for the first number. Very odd. 
    meaning 2020/ out of 2000.
    I started thinking about the initial run. What is a minimum run of vinyl? It has to be in the thousands. Much more than 2000.  There is a warehouse full of them in Seattle. Just sitting there. The ultimate waste. Spin not sit. 
    I bought that one. It wasn't $400. The seller won the recent contest that was announced a few months back on the 10c newsletter. So the # wasn't 2020/2000, it was indicating that it was from the 2020 contest and the name of the sponsor. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    if anyone wants one at that price PM me....happy to oblige LOL
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,002
    edited October 2020
    Lol. Eddie didn't even get through Off He Goes correctly. Shit concert. Aint worth the wax it's pressed on I'll tell ya.

Would buy a repress. Will never buy an original. Best show they've done.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    pdalowsky said:
    if anyone wants one at that price PM me....happy to oblige LOL
    Couldn’t let a signed one go for $1,200 😜
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    Way to score SHZA. Nice job! Hope you can spin yours. I am hoping for a twentieth anniversary re-issue or something similar. I will bump this thread in 2023. See you then. :) I can hope. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    edited November 2020
    Never mind. Wrong thread.
    Post edited by Bigrfish on