Pearl Jam Studio Song "Get It Back"

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited October 2020 in The Porch

Update:

"Get It Back" Available for Streaming
News October 11 2020

Pearl Jam's latest studio single "Get It Back" was released on Friday, October 2 as a part of the musical compilation Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy, Volume 2.  "Get It Back" is now availabe on streaming services of your choice.  

Pearl Jam Studio Song "Get It Back"
News September 30 2020 

Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy, Volume 2, a compilation album with many artists' previously unreleased music, is available for one day only this Friday, October 2nd on Bandcamp. The album features the new Pearl Jam song "Get it Back," as well as "Something Real" from Deaf Charlie (Jeff Ament and John Wicks) and "Near" from Stone Gossard.

All net proceeds benefit Voting Rights Lab to help to secure, protect, and defend the voting rights of all Americans in the upcoming 2020 election: goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com

Pearl Jam recently launched a "PJ Votes 2020" initiative to increase voter turnout for the Nov. 3 general election. Join their Take Three Pledge: Vote by Mail, Recruit Three Friends, and Don’t Wait at pearljam.com/vote or text PJVotes to 52886.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    If you purchase this compilation, we thank you for not sharing any of these tracks. Please respect the organization and artists involved. For a reminder about the forum rules on respecting copyright, please see the Posting Guidelines/TOS. Please don’t put your posting privileges at risk. Thank you for cooperation and support for this fundraiser.
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    Immediately seems like a “Matt” song. Well Water Conspiracy’esq... 

Several listens in and totally love it! Second half is very PJ. Outstanding B side. 

Carry on...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332

• Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    edited October 2020
    Good Music is good music.
    $20 for a new Pearl Jam song and they give you a whole bunch of other tunes for free!!

(And as commented above 'Get It Back' is a solid outtake/b-side track.)
    Post edited by Kev - Coat and Keys on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    WOuldn't have worked on the record, but I love it.

Jason Isbell's cover is outstanding as well. 

Worth the $21 for those 2 songs.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    WOuldn't have worked on the record, but I love it.

Worth the $21 for those 2 songs.
    Feeling the same... hopefully there's a chance to hear it live someday
  • ontheroadontheroad Posts: 248
    love the funk in Stone's song too.  
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Really dig this. Great compilation and PJ tune. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bigbiggzy said:
    Immediately seems like a “Matt” song. Well Water Conspiracy’esq... 

Several listens in and totally love it! Second half is very PJ. Outstanding B side. 

Carry on...
    words and music both by matt, actually. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Purchased. Get It Back is pretty rad, excellent double tracked vocals by Eddie. Great leads by Mikey. DIG
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • My guess after a few listens (love the song btw) is that it’s a Backspacer outtake. Matt wrote the Fixer and it was lead single. I would think he came in with more and they rode that wave. Specifically, I hear Amongst the Waves in the guitar solo.  And the second half I get a Force of Nature vibe. But wherever it’s from it’s great 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    New music by Pearl Jam!!! :bee: Solid, slow burn of a  song that'll be much enjoyed over repeated listens. Glad to contribute to a good cause and enjoy a large batch of good new music :sunglasses:
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Liking it a lot. Nice surprise to wake up to. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    jjflash said:
    New music by Pearl Jam!!! :bee: Solid, slow burn of a  song that'll be much enjoyed over repeated listens. Glad to contribute to a good cause and enjoy a large batch of good new music :sunglasses:
    Yes!
    great tune!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    My guess after a few listens (love the song btw) is that it’s a Backspacer outtake. Matt wrote the Fixer and it was lead single. I would think he came in with more and they rode that wave. Specifically, I hear Amongst the Waves in the guitar solo.  And the second half I get a Force of Nature vibe. But wherever it’s from it’s great 

I'm also hearing The Fixer demo and some ATW.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    I know it's a complication for a cause, but should I be surprised there's no 7" edition for 10C members?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • bonebone Posts: 493
    My guess after a few listens (love the song btw) is that it’s a Backspacer outtake. Matt wrote the Fixer and it was lead single. I would think he came in with more and they rode that wave. Specifically, I hear Amongst the Waves in the guitar solo.  And the second half I get a Force of Nature vibe. But wherever it’s from it’s great 
    I haven't grabbed it yet, but Josh Evans has a production, mixing and engineering credit on it, so it has to be a recent recording.  Could have been written back then though.  
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • I know it's a complication for a cause, but should I be surprised there's no 7" edition for 10C members?
    Yes, order and pay for it and they ship in 3-5 years with no set date. 
  • Take away the vocals and it kinda sounds like it could be a Queens of the Stone Age B-side. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • bonebone Posts: 493
    On first impression, I like this one better than "Take The Long Way" as a Matt song for Gigaton.  Will have to swap it out and listen to see if the sequencing would have worked.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited October 2020
    On the side of the road... Lost and alone... To get it back...
    Much farther it goes... So far from home... To get it back...
    Frozen in time...Turn on and die... To get it back...

Tried to reach you before winter comes...
    Always a place for you in my heart...
    You're not alone... All used up...
    I'll give anything to talk to you...

You're proud of the son... Only one... To get it back...
    Mother and child... Lost for a while... They want you back...
    Stare at the sun... Won't hurt anyone... To get it back...

Tried to reach you before winter comes...
    Always a place for you in my heart...
    You're not alone... All used up...
    I'll give anything to talk to you...

Since you went away... Hard to find my place...
    Since you went away... Hard to find my place...
    Since you went away...

Please correct me if they're wrong. :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I know it's a complication for a cause, but should I be surprised there's no 7" edition for 10C members?
    i would imagine they signed on to give exclusive rights to the song. maybe only for a period of time where they could release it on their own, but i'd imagine it would be for some time. and then PJ would lose interest in releasing an "old" song unless it was a lost dogs 2 type thing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Take away the vocals and it kinda sounds like it could be a Queens of the Stone Age B-side. 
    I hear Incubus as well.
  • I actually think I prefer the Stone song to the PJ song. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Fun track and a great cause!
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Love the song! It’s got a great solo to finish. Loving Stone’s song and the new Deaf Charlie!  Now I get to listen to the other 69 tracks! What a deal. Was happy to throw in extra money for the cause.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited October 2020
    i would imagine they signed on to give exclusive rights to the song. maybe only for a period of time where they could release it on their own, but i'd imagine it would be for some time. and then PJ would lose interest in releasing an "old" song unless it was a lost dogs 2 type thing. 

My Morning Jacket had a song on the first volume and they've made available a 7" in their webstore. All proceeds of the 7" are going to Fair Fight. So, it doesn't appear anything's stopping a physical release as long as it goes to the same cause.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited October 2020
    The first 2:15 of the song is a bit flat.
    And goes really up and love it. Feels like two parts songs.
    Excellent production once again.
    Drumming is awesome. Same the solo at the end. 
    Reminds me of life wasted and let it ride solo
    Thanks SEA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • soopsoop Posts: 191
    So I wake up on Saturday after a tough week at work and discover that my favorite band released a new song in conjunction with a charity I would support... only to find out it was a ONE DAY ONLY opportunity?!  Why?!  What a huge bummer for those of us who work for a living and can’t be glued to our phones 24/7.  Ridiculous.
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Solid tune. I think Stone’s solo track was even better though. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15