Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy, Volume 2 . Pearl Jam new song - Get It Back

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,904
    edited September 2020
    At the end of the day, its a new tune to us, so who gives a shit I guess.

• Fall 2020 would have been a heck of PJ tour...

Not the last ‘new’ song to be written in the next few weeks. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    edited September 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    Is this only for download, or is there vinyl as well.

If it's like the first volume, it will be download only. A poster of the artwork will be available.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
    GlowGirl said:
    Is this only for download, or is there vinyl as well.

If it's like the first volume, it will be download only. A poster of the artwork will be available.
    Thanks. That is what I thought but just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on any vinyl. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    New PJ, Deaf Charlie, and Stone. Nice way to start the weekend!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

100%. i'm stoked no matter when it was recorded. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,760

Gigaton b-side or pandemic session doesn’t matter, we were robbed of some amazing live shows so I’ll take what I can get.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,888
    tschav said:

Gigaton b-side or pandemic session doesn’t matter, we were robbed of some amazing live shows so I’ll take what I can get.
    The Pandemic sessions...now that’s a term we might hear a fair bit moving forward 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Quaran-phenia
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• What even is this
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682

Pearl Jam Studio Song "Get It Back"

Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy, Volume 2, a compilation album with many artists' previously unreleased music, is available for one day only this Friday, October 2nd on Bandcamp. The album features the new Pearl Jam song "Get it Back," as well as "Something Real" from Deaf Charlie (Jeff Ament and John Wicks) and "Near" from Stone Gossard.

All net proceeds benefit Voting Rights Lab to help to secure, protect, and defend the voting rights of all Americans in the upcoming 2020 election: goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com

Pearl Jam recently launched a "PJ Votes 2020" initiative to increase voter turnout for the Nov. 3 general election. Join their Take Three Pledge: Vote by Mail, Recruit Three Friends, and Don’t Wait at pearljam.com/vote or text PJVotes to 52886.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Does anyone know the Vol.1 setlist?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    edited October 2020
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • so pearl jam will fight to get something back again
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,646
    so pearl jam will fight to get something back again
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,695
    so pearl jam will fight to get something back again
    Nice 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,760
    Excerpt from an email from the Good Music team:
    As a result of the tremendous support of the poster and music project, we were able to raise over $250,000 for Fair Fight & Color of Change in just 24 hours on September 4th via Bandcamp.

Today we’re excited to announce Good Music to Avert the Collapse of American Democracy, Volume 2 – another compilation album made up entirely of previously unreleased recordings from over 70 artists. It will be available for 24 hours only, exclusively on Bandcamp this Friday October 2nd starting at 12:01am Pacific Time, and will benefit Voting Rights Lab, a great nonpartisan non-profit that works in tandem with state and local organizations to secure, protect, and defend the voting rights of all Americans. You can check out the full tracklist now via goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com.

Although Shepard will not be creating a new print for Volume 2, we have a beautiful new limited-edition poster designed & signed by iconic filmmaker Sofia Coppola that will also be available Friday October 2nd starting at 12:01am PT via Bandcamp – you'll be able to see it at the same link above once it goes on sale.

More posters? Why not?

tschav said:
    Excerpt from an email from the Good Music team:
    As a result of the tremendous support of the poster and music project, we were able to raise over $250,000 for Fair Fight & Color of Change in just 24 hours on September 4th via Bandcamp.

Today we’re excited to announce Good Music to Avert the Collapse of American Democracy, Volume 2 – another compilation album made up entirely of previously unreleased recordings from over 70 artists. It will be available for 24 hours only, exclusively on Bandcamp this Friday October 2nd starting at 12:01am Pacific Time, and will benefit Voting Rights Lab, a great nonpartisan non-profit that works in tandem with state and local organizations to secure, protect, and defend the voting rights of all Americans. You can check out the full tracklist now via goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com.

Although Shepard will not be creating a new print for Volume 2, we have a beautiful new limited-edition poster designed & signed by iconic filmmaker Sofia Coppola that will also be available Friday October 2nd starting at 12:01am PT via Bandcamp – you'll be able to see it at the same link above once it goes on sale.

More posters? Why not?

Sofia Coppola?!? The one who written & directed one of my favourite films of all time! Lost In Translation?!? :o

Sweet! B)

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,272
    2 1/2 hours
    I miss igotid88
    edited October 2020
    I thought it comes out at 12 noon?

edit: you're right, it's supposed to be midnight. but the links are all broken
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I thought it comes out at 12 noon?

edit: you're right, it's supposed to be midnight. but the links are all broken
    Midnight pacific time or 3 a.m. EST
    I miss igotid88
    Available in 30 minutes! =)
    7 minutes
    I miss igotid88
    edited October 2020
    =)

Post edited by demetrios on
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,435
    Nice one! Needs more listens 
    Need lyrics
    I miss igotid88
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
    All three of these tracks are great, but the Pearl Jam one is classic. Listened in phones and so nice!
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Wow, amazing new PJ song. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it