Options

*** The Official Milwaukee Brewers 2011 Thread***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    RW81233 wrote:
    I think the good and/or bad thing about the playoffs for the Brewers is the fact that it doesn't really reward consistency it rewards whoever gets real hot at the right time. Yes the Phillies will always win 2 games in a series, whereas the Crew could get swept and be long forgotten on October 4th or whatever. The thing I like about the Brewers is that they have two starters that throw 93-96, and one is certifiably crazy. That could be bad, but Hamels is certifiably crazy and he carried you all in '08...so who knows. I just want it to be here already.

Hamels is certifiable crazy???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Bernie Brewer is a dreadful mascot.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Welp. D-bags pct points ahead of Brewers.

• Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Intersting....you can hold off on the Trevor Bauer experience for a series it seems.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Welp. D-bags pct points ahead of Brewers.

d-bags? short for douche bags? :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    their owners are d-bags funded the fucks who put up SB 1070
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ive got $20 on philly to win it all but im rooting for the brewers...will they resign prince if they win it all? they kinda have to, right?
  • Options
    they kinda can't. we are already paying Brauny until the end of time with our ridiculous bobby bonilla contract. the matt gamel experience is next for us. at least maybe teams will pitch to him in big situations, rather than walk him, and our 5 guy to get to yuni b. with 1 out and the bases loaded so he can swing at a first pitch and GiDP...he's so horrid.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    they kinda can't. we are already paying Brauny until the end of time with our ridiculous bobby bonilla contract. the matt gamel experience is next for us. at least maybe teams will pitch to him in big situations, rather than walk him, and our 5 guy to get to yuni b. with 1 out and the bases loaded so he can swing at a first pitch and GiDP...he's so horrid.

When he played for KC Joe Posnanski wrote about how bad he was many times. It was always entertaining reading.

• Options
    RW81233 wrote:

When he played for KC Joe Posnanski wrote about how bad he was many times. It was always entertaining reading.
    We should have traded him to the O's to get J.J. Hardy back. I can't believe I just wrote that.
  • Options
    Roll Tide PJRoll Tide PJ Columbus, OH Posts: 27
    NL Central Division Champs!! Woooooo Hooooooo! Go Crew!
    1998- Birmingham, AL 2011- East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20) 2013- Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field) 2014- Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    96 wins and more to come.

Go brew Crew!!!
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Brewers.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ah crap..i forget RW was a brewers fan....hmm...i might need to pick a new NL bandwagon to get on. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    ive got $20 on philly to win it all but im rooting for the brewers...will they resign prince if they win it all? they kinda have to, right?

Wow, $20 is a lot of confidence!
  • Options
    GO BREW CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    ah crap..i forget RW was a brewers fan....hmm...i might need to pick a new NL bandwagon to get on. :lol:
    Let's Go Brewers! 81 you're kind of stuck - no way you can root for Cards or Phiws, and the D-Bags owners are evil mfs. I'll save a seat on the other side of the wagon for you...here's a Miller Light.
  • Options
    BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    god dam the brewers are all fucking screwballs.... :lol::lol:

they can't speak :lol:

good shit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    You'd think they just won 10 world series with that game alone, shit, Rickie Weeks didn't even know to put the goggles on and was in pain from the champagne ...

Gotta appreciate that amount of pure enthusiasm ... they are whom I'm am pulling for.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    You'd think they just won 10 world series with that game alone, shit, Rickie Weeks didn't even know to put the goggles on and was in pain from the champagne ...

Gotta appreciate that amount of pure enthusiasm ... they are whom I'm am pulling for.

It's been a long wait since 1982. hehe

Dam this team is fun to watch and cheer for. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i just don't get the celebration for winnning the divisional series.

in hockey, they shake hands and move on

in football, the head back to hq and get ready for the next week

in basketball, they go back to practice and prepare...

in baseball, they act like they won it all......

:crazy:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    I'd just like to say: Brewers are going FUCKING DOWN in this NLCS!!!!! GO CARDS!!!!!!!
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • Options
    nocode85 wrote:
    I'd just like to say: Cards are going FUCKING DOWN in this NLCS!!!!! GO BREW CREW!!!!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Ryan Braun tests positive for PED
    National League MVP Ryan Braun, who last season led the Milwaukee Brewers to their first division title in nearly three decades, has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and faces a 50-game suspension if the initial finding is upheld, two sources familiar with the case told "Outside the Lines."

Major League Baseball has not announced the positive test because Braun is disputing the result through arbitration.

A spokesman for Braun issued a statement Saturday: "There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident he will ultimately be exonerated."

The 28-year-old Braun had to provide a urine sample for testing during the playoffs, and he was notified of the positive test sometime in late October -- about a month before he was named the National League's most valuable player.

The positive result was triggered by elevated levels of testosterone in Braun's system, the sources also told "Outside the Lines." A subsequent, more comprehensive test revealed the testosterone was synthetic -- not produced by Braun's body.

Every individual naturally produces testosterone and a substance called epitestosterone, typically at a ratio of 1-to-1. In Major League Baseball, if the ratio comes in at 4-to-1 or higher during testing, a player is deemed to have tested positive. The sources did not indicate how high above the threshold Braun's sample tested.

Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun carried the team to its first division title in nearly three decades last season, leading the league in slugging percentage at .597, with a .332 batting average, 33 home runs and 111 runs batted in.
    To affirm the results and strengthen its case, MLB asked the World Anti-Doping Agency lab in Montreal, which conducts its testing, to perform a secondary test to determine whether the testosterone spike resulted from natural variations within Braun's body or from an artificial source. The test indicated the testosterone was exogenous, meaning it came from outside his body.

Milwaukee Brewers spokesman Tyler Barnes said Saturday that the team had not been contacted by the commissioner's office and the team had no knowledge of a failed test. Messages left for MLB officials were not returned. Greg Bouris, spokesman for the Major League Baseball Players Association, declined comment.

Since being informed of the results, Braun has been disputing his case. The outfielder has told those around him that he did not knowingly take any banned substances and hoped to prove that during the arbitration process, said one of the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case. No major league player has ever successfully appealed a positive test.

MLB's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Policy calls for strict liability among players, meaning if a player tests positive, the league is "not required to otherwise establish intent, fault, negligence or knowing use of a Prohibited Substance on the Player's part to establish such a violation."

Even if a player can establish he did not knowingly take a banned substance, he must show he was not in any way negligent to appeal successfully. For example, taking a dietary supplement that contains an unlabeled performance-enhancing drug would not be sufficient grounds for appeal, but if he were to show that he ingested something that was either tampered with or no player reasonably could have assumed to have been contaminated, the appeal might succeed.

Once criticized for protecting its biggest stars from scandal, the league is now faced with the possibility of suspending one of the game's best and most-admired players.

Braun had never been linked to PEDs previously; in fact, at the 2009 All-Star Game in St. Louis, when commissioner Bud Selig addressed efforts by Albert Pujols to tamp down questions about steroid use, he invoked Braun as a shining example of the sport's tough testing policy.

"Albert Pujols is absolutely right. He has been tested since he started playing," Selig said. "So has Ryan Howard. So has Ryan Braun, Ryan Zimmerman. Since they were in the minors."

About a month before that, Selig was quoted in The Arizona Republic as saying, "Our minor league testing program is in its ninth year, and that means all the great young players in baseball, from Ryan Howard to Ryan Braun, have all been tested for nine years. There's a system in place, and it's working. We know we have the toughest testing program in major league sports."

Earlier that spring, after Alex Rodriguez was exposed for using steroids, Braun spoke to MLB.com about the "mistakes" made by the superstar. Braun said he met Rodriguez in 2001 during a recruiting trip to the University of Miami.

Asked if he were surprised that Rodriguez had been exposed as a steroid user, Braun was quoted saying, "I don't know if I would say I was surprised. I feel like it was so rampant, so prevalent, in baseball during that time period that not much surprises me anymore. If anything, I was surprised he got caught, that it came out this long after he supposedly did it."

On whether he had ever been tempted to try performance-enhancing drugs, Braun said, "It's never something that I sought."

MLB.com wrote that Braun then showed "a flash of his sense of humor and his well-documented self-confidence" by adding, "I would never do it because if I took steroids, I would hit 60 or 70 home runs."

Braun was speaking to the website prior to the news conference at which Rodriguez admitted his use.

"... The best thing he can do is come out, admit to everything and be completely honest," Braun said. "The situation will die a lot faster if he tells the whole truth."

Since breaking into the majors in 2007 at 23, Braun has emerged as one of the sport's top young players. He won the NL Rookie of the Year in 2007 and was an All-Star each of the past four seasons.

In his rookie season, Braun hit 34 homers and drove in 97 runs, while amassing a .634 slugging percentage in just 113 games. He had 37 home runs and 106 RBI the following year, then saw his power numbers decline modestly over the next two seasons. He still hit 25 home run runs and had a .501 slugging percentage in 2010.

In April, Braun signed a five-year contract extension worth $105 million. He then went out and had his best season ever, carrying the Brewers to their first division title in nearly three decades. He led the league in slugging percentage at .597, with a .332 batting average, 33 home runs, 111 runs batted in, 109 runs scored and 33 stolen bases.

Braun turned 28 on Nov. 17 and five days later was named the NL MVP. Now, though, he's looking at a 50-game suspension to open the 2012 season, and, of course, all sorts of questions about what role steroids have played in his success.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly