Options

*** The Official Milwaukee Brewers 2011 Thread***

En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I know, I know, a little late!! :mrgreen:

This team is too good to be true!
Formerly Brew Crew Tix
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Roll Tide PJRoll Tide PJ Columbus, OH Posts: 27
    Not too late. The Crew is rolling right now! T-Plush and company are a blast to watch. This is great. Go Brewers!
    1998- Birmingham, AL 2011- East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20) 2013- Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field) 2014- Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    thye have 0 chance of beating philly..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625

Yeah. Philly hasn't lost a series all year.

I agree Philly is the team to beat, but 0 chance? C'mon
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

Yeah. Philly hasn't lost a series all year.

I agree Philly is the team to beat, but 0 chance? C'mon

reverse jinx on them ...shhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Roll Tide PJRoll Tide PJ Columbus, OH Posts: 27
    The Brewers have played Philly three times this season. The Crew took two out of three.
    1998- Birmingham, AL 2011- East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20) 2013- Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field) 2014- Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    The Brewers have played Philly three times this season. The Crew took two out of three.

Yeah I am so looking forward to our series here in september vs them!

The press is going to be all over it
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    Go Crew
  • Options
    10 game lead!!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if the op was anybody but the op, i would call you fraudulent for starting the 2011 brewers thread in late august....but i'm sure you have been busy selling tickets
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I officially dislike this thread can it be locked?
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    They are playing great ball but The Brewers are peaking too early. Not only do they have 0 chance vs Philly but they have no chance vs the Braves. Their 7,8,9th inning pitcers have 1.80 ERAs or better :o
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    if the op was anybody but the op, i would call you fraudulent for starting the 2011 brewers thread in late august....but i'm sure you have been busy selling tickets

So so busy! We are just about to sell # 3 million actually!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    They are playing great ball but The Brewers are peaking too early. Not only do they have 0 chance vs Philly but they have no chance vs the Braves. Their 7,8,9th inning pitcers have 1.80 ERAs or better :o

Ohhh hog wash on peaking too early.

The Braves LOL
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

Ohhh hog wash on peaking too early.

The Braves LOL
    Please for the love of god we are playing well against a shit schedule, and we have a shit schedule the rest of the way out. The Brewers are good, dangerous even, but we haven't stirred shit all year and I liked it that way. I am glad we are winning and believe we can do well, but we are 0-1 since I've posted in this thing and if we lose Friday I'm out.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    anybody see Ryan Braun falling down trying for an inside the park homerum the other night :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Sc4ETd-X8
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,235
    hello.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,376
    hello.

Here we come. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    We have to keep 2 baseball threads active apparently

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Anyone here?

So I get the feeling Tom Verducci doesn't like the Brewers' chances much...
    One of the challenges for Tampa Bay, Toronto and Baltimore is playing in the AL East and having to play 36 games against the Yankees and Red Sox. Well, the inverse of the AL East Penalty is the NL Central Advantage. The Brewers are going to the postseason almost entirely because they can fatten up on 46 games against the Cubs, Pirates and Astros. With realignment talk floating around, Milwaukee shouldn't dare complain about the "inequity" of competing in a division with six teams.

Milwaukee is 31-9 against Chicago, Pittsburgh and Houston and barely above .500 (54-51) against all others. The Brewers have fewer wins against .500 or better teams (22) than 24 other clubs. The Padres, Nationals, Orioles and Cubs -- the Cubs! -- have more quality wins than Milwaukee, the Boise State of the major leagues.
    The Brewers don't win on the road and they don't beat good teams, including the three other NL playoff teams. Against Philadelphia, Atlanta and Arizona, Milwaukee is 8-11 while hitting .235 and scoring 3.4 runs per game.
    Do you know the last time Milwaukee won a series against a winning team other than the Cardinals? That would be before Memorial Day. The Brewers went the entire summer without winning a series against a good team other than St. Louis.

Do you remember their 23-3 run from late July to mid-August that salted away the division? The Brewers went 19-1 against losing teams, including 13-0 against the Cubs, Pirates and Astros. Get this: Milwaukee still has six more games with Pittsburgh and Chicago. None of them will be in October.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Anyone here?

One of the challenges for Tampa Bay, Toronto and Baltimore is playing in the AL East and having to play 36 games against the Yankees and Red Sox. Well, the inverse of the AL East Penalty is the NL Central Advantage. The Brewers are going to the postseason almost entirely because they can fatten up on 46 games against the Cubs, Pirates and Astros. With realignment talk floating around, Milwaukee shouldn't dare complain about the "inequity" of competing in a division with six teams.

Milwaukee is 31-9 against Chicago, Pittsburgh and Houston and barely above .500 (54-51) against all others. The Brewers have fewer wins against .500 or better teams (22) than 24 other clubs. The Padres, Nationals, Orioles and Cubs -- the Cubs! -- have more quality wins than Milwaukee, the Boise State of the major leagues.
    The Brewers don't win on the road and they don't beat good teams, including the three other NL playoff teams. Against Philadelphia, Atlanta and Arizona, Milwaukee is 8-11 while hitting .235 and scoring 3.4 runs per game.
    Do you know the last time Milwaukee won a series against a winning team other than the Cardinals? That would be before Memorial Day. The Brewers went the entire summer without winning a series against a good team other than St. Louis.

Do you remember their 23-3 run from late July to mid-August that salted away the division? The Brewers went 19-1 against losing teams, including 13-0 against the Cubs, Pirates and Astros. Get this: Milwaukee still has six more games with Pittsburgh and Chicago. None of them will be in October.

Yep, those numbers don't lie. This weekend is a true test. Our hitters aren't clutch at all. Other than Prince
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    Anyone here?

While I get this argument somewhere this past week I saw how having a winning record against winning teams or a poor record against good teams does not correlate to success or failure in October. In the last decade it's been hit or miss. I wish I remember where it was from but basically the argument was that most top teams go around .500 against good teams and make their hay against the bad ones. The Brewers had a brutal first half sked and the script flipped for the middle of the season.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    anybody see Ryan Braun falling down trying for an inside the park homerum the other night :lol:

they were playing that last night during the game. :lol:

impressive that he was still able to get the HR
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    We have to keep 2 baseball threads active apparently

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    You can tell it's getting close to October...maybe they should merge threads for a week then separate them after teams play.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

He didn't get the HR...he got thrown out in a rundown when he ran out of gas.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    You can tell it's getting close to October...maybe they should merge threads for a week then separate them after teams play.

the funny thing is....there were a shit ton of brewers hats at PJ20 last week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:

He didn't get the HR...he got thrown out in a rundown when he ran out of gas.

guess i didn't see the ending...i thought based on the commentators comments that he made it...

oh well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    While I get this argument somewhere this past week I saw how having a winning record against winning teams or a poor record against good teams does not correlate to success or failure in October. In the last decade it's been hit or miss. I wish I remember where it was from but basically the argument was that most top teams go around .500 against good teams and make their hay against the bad ones. The Brewers had a brutal first half sked and the script flipped for the middle of the season.

I agree with you - I read the same thing. I was just delivering the message. I think the Brewers are very dangerous in the playoffs, if they play well (i.e. good defense, some hits with RISP...). They aren't going to beat the Phillies popping up the first pitch, getting only 4 hits in a game, and playing terrible defense. Let's see how they do at the Doc's office tonight. ;)

• Options
    RW81233 wrote:

I agree with you - I read the same thing. I was just delivering the message. I think the Brewers are very dangerous in the playoffs, if they play well (i.e. good defense, some hits with RISP...). They aren't going to beat the Phillies popping up the first pitch, getting only 4 hits in a game, and playing terrible defense. Let's see how they do at the Doc's office tonight. ;)

The other thing is, I know my Phillies are going to show up and play well in the playoffs. (sometimes they get unlucky like last year or run into a buzzsaw like 2009 WS)

That's the thing - when you have to question whether a team is gonna play defense or whether their pitchers (you know who) are going to get psyched out or whatever - it's not a good sign.

• Options
    I think the good and/or bad thing about the playoffs for the Brewers is the fact that it doesn't really reward consistency it rewards whoever gets real hot at the right time. Yes the Phillies will always win 2 games in a series, whereas the Crew could get swept and be long forgotten on October 4th or whatever. The thing I like about the Brewers is that they have two starters that throw 93-96, and one is certifiably crazy. That could be bad, but Hamels is certifiably crazy and he carried you all in '08...so who knows. I just want it to be here already.