2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Good job Bears....on eliminating yourselves from the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Good job Bears....on eliminating yourselves from the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. 
    It's still early.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    A little Nick Foles Magic for you guys, huh? Pretty cool
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    It is a welcomed upgrade from Mitch. 
    A little Nick Foles Magic for you guys, huh? Pretty cool
    He looked like an actual NFL QB.
    Part of my was pulling for Mitch, but I'm glad they pulled the plug on him before we started accumulating losses.
    Foles at least gives them some consistency.  
    The Bears - worst 3-0 team in the NFL. Win next week and they will be the worst 4-0 team in the league. Lose next week and they will be the worst 3-1 team in the league.
     :s 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The Bears - worst 3-0 team in the NFL. Win next week and they will be the worst 4-0 team in the league. Lose next week and they will be the worst 3-1 team in the league.

And I thought I was a pessimistic Bears fan!  Finally have a real QB in there and we're 3-0....

And I thought I was a pessimistic Bears fan!  Finally have a real QB in there and we're 3-0....
    Lol - I'm about as pessimistic of a Bears fan as can be. For example, Foles is the QB who lost out to Minshew and Trubisky.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    He looks like Jim McMahon

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Is he a punky QB?

This weekend we rock Portland
    Whelp, that sure wasn't a fix-all. What a shitty organization. Stuck in NFL purgatory with consistent mediocrity. 

I maintain that my post above was 100% accurate.
    Horrible performance all around.  Just a depressing game to watch.  Couldn't run the ball at all and Foles was nothing special.  I still think he gives them a better chance to win than Mitch but that game just felt all too familiar to what we've seen the past few years.  And remember when the Bears had a good defense that could make a big stop and didn't take a bunch of dumbass penalties???  They had 1 sack on one of the least mobile QBs in the league.  Pathetic.

Also, Cordarelle Patterson need to just go away.  Dude is too dumb to play WR and clearly can't do much as an RB either.  He's just a highly overpaid kickoff returner.  
    Not much to say here.  I told my buddies before the game started that we could win this game if the D shows up.  Pressure Rivers and he'll turn the ball over.  Nope.  This "vaunted" Bears D is no longer looking that way.  Trevathan was slow and unimpressive.  I knew the Colts would play tough D, but our play calling continues to be real bad.  Gadget plays at or near the line of scrimmage with Patterson rather than feeding Monty.  I don't get it.  Agree that I'd still take Foles over Mitch, but it's not necessarily saying a whole lot at this point.
    Ugly all around.
    The Oline, which I thought had taken a step forward this year, looked like it did in 2018-2019.  I still don't get how Leno has a job.
    Pretty sure teams will see this game and realize if we stop the Bears run game, the game is over.  Nagy can't call plays for shit.  I know he dumbed down his offense for Mitch, but there is zero creativity and everything is predictable.  
    The defense is still solid, but they have their issues too.
    Little to no pass rush.  Travathan is completely worthless.  The dude is slow as shit and can't cover anything over the middle.  How many times in these 4 games have we just watched him running after a guy.  He blew the coverage and we have to watch as he tries to catch up to their TE?
    Dumb penalties.

They got to move on from this game QUICK!
    mca47 said:
    Ugly all around.
    The Oline, which I thought had taken a step forward this year, looked like it did in 2018-2019.  I still don't get how Leno has a job.
    Pretty sure teams will see this game and realize if we stop the Bears run game, the game is over.  Nagy can't call plays for shit.  I know he dumbed down his offense for Mitch, but there is zero creativity and everything is predictable.  
    The defense is still solid, but they have their issues too.
    Little to no pass rush.  Travathan is completely worthless.  The dude is slow as shit and can't cover anything over the middle.  How many times in these 4 games have we just watched him running after a guy.  He blew the coverage and we have to watch as he tries to catch up to their TE?
    Dumb penalties.

They got to move on from this game QUICK!

Re-signing Trevathan instead of Nick Kwiatkoski is looking like a worse decision every week.  And what happened to Robert Quinn helping the pass rush and not allowing Mack to be double teamed every play??  Besides the 1 strip sack he had against the Giants, he has been non-existent.

O-line was garbage.  Leno and Massie are both very mediocre.  And they both make 9-10M per season.  Not sure why Pace felt the need to lock up either of those guys long term.  He has made so many bad decisions.  But he can't make a deal with the 1 guy he absolutely should be making a deal with in Allen Robinson.  
    This team fucking sucks.  Absolute garbage.
    By the time week 5 is done, they will be the worst 4-1 team in the league.
    LOL yep.  How on earth are they 4-1?!?  Foles is so damn streaky but man when he gets going it is fun to watch.  That audible and pass to Montgomery late in the game is exactly why Foles is starting.  No way in hell Mitch would have recognized that and made that throw in that situation.  Gotta enjoy this run while it lasts.

LOL yep.  How on earth are they 4-1?!?  Foles is so damn streaky but man when he gets going it is fun to watch.  That audible and pass to Montgomery late in the game is exactly why Foles is starting.  No way in hell Mitch would have recognized that and made that throw in that situation.  Gotta enjoy this run while it lasts.

We do have some easier games coming up.
    That said, we all know how the Bears do against those "easy" teams.  
    Anyone else watching Mike Davis absolutely crush in Carolina? Shows what effective usage and play calling can get out of a good player.  Bears never gave him the opportunity to succeed. 
    bbiggs said:
    Anyone else watching Mike Davis absolutely crush in Carolina? Shows what effective usage and play calling can get out of a good player.  Bears never gave him the opportunity to succeed. 
    Yep.  Dude never got a chance here last year. 

I wonder if they have serious interest in Leveon Bell.  He isn't what he was but he's still only 28 and wouldn't cost much.  Gotta try to do something to get this run game going.
    Worst 5-1 team in the league!
    I thought they played about 3 quarters of good football. That’s more than we’ve seen overall. Couple bone headed plays (the Foles pick first play after the D picks one), but overall this was a more complete game imo. I’ll take it. 
    They played the team on their schedule. That team just happened to be missing the best player in the NFL. It was their biggest "blowout" of the season, so there is that.  ;)
    Nagy goes for it on 4th and 1 from their own 19 in a 7-3 game in the 2nd quarter...wow. 
    Worst 5-2 team in the league. This team is garbage. 
    Just brutal.  Offensive line is absolute trash.  Everyone yells about them needing to run the ball but how the hell are they supposed to run with the worst line in the league???  And can we please and the Cordarelle Patterson experiment...he's too dumb to play WR and he sucks as a RB.  Every time he's on the field he's most likely getting the ball so they're not fooling anyone with that.  Also, where the hell did Cole Kmet disappear to after he had a couple catches early.  What a mess.  Saints and Titans next 2 games too...yikes.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Just brutal.  Offensive line is absolute trash.  Everyone yells about them needing to run the ball but how the hell are they supposed to run with the worst line in the league???  And can we please and the Cordarelle Patterson experiment...he's too dumb to play WR and he sucks as a RB.  Every time he's on the field he's most likely getting the ball so they're not fooling anyone with that.  Also, where the hell did Cole Kmet disappear to after he had a couple catches early.  What a mess.  Saints and Titans next 2 games too...yikes.

I laughed out loud when Foles had to yell and point to get Patterson moving prior to a shovel pass play.  Everything about that screamed "we are going to have Patterson take this" and he was lit up like a christmas tree the second he touched the ball.
    I guess if you were setting that up to be a decoy/fake at some point it might be OK -- otherwise it was something that looked obvious and did not work.

You have what looks to be a good TE.  You have good WRs.  You have a lead RB that isn't too bad.  QB who is almost as well known for the size of his junk as he is for his consistent play, but he has certainly proven he can win.

I am not a Bears fan so will take your word that it is the OL.  I might point at the coach....but I don't watch every week, have only seen a few of their games.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

I laughed out loud when Foles had to yell and point to get Patterson moving prior to a shovel pass play.  Everything about that screamed "we are going to have Patterson take this" and he was lit up like a christmas tree the second he touched the ball.
    I guess if you were setting that up to be a decoy/fake at some point it might be OK -- otherwise it was something that looked obvious and did not work.

You have what looks to be a good TE.  You have good WRs.  You have a lead RB that isn't too bad.  QB who is almost as well known for the size of his junk as he is for his consistent play, but he has certainly proven he can win.

I am not a Bears fan so will take your word that it is the OL.  I might point at the coach....but I don't watch every week, have only seen a few of their games.
    Oh yeah a lot of it falls on Nagy too.  He knows the OL sucks, but doesn't seem to adjust the game plan much to account for that.  Foles obviously isn't very mobile and he still has him doing 5 and 7 step drops on a regular basis.  They need some quick throws and some screen passes to help him out.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Oh yeah a lot of it falls on Nagy too.  He knows the OL sucks, but doesn't seem to adjust the game plan much to account for that.  Foles obviously isn't very mobile and he still has him doing 5 and 7 step drops on a regular basis.  They need some quick throws and some screen passes to help him out.

Tough to move around quickly with that thing weighing him down
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved