Options

Honoring Frontline Workers

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited July 2020 in The Porch

News July 9 2020

Our first frontline worker appreciation goes to Carina Solberg of Norway who was nominated by her brother, Anders. 

"My sister is a biomedical engineer analyzing covid-19 tests at Norway’s largest hospital, Ullevaal. Since the outbreak she has worked both day and night to keep up the necessary testing tempo while balancing this with two kids being home from school due to all schools being closed in Norway. She has an occupation that rarely draws any attention but it's extremely important both now and also in more normal times."

News July 10 2020

This frontline worker appreciation goes to Landon Mascarenaz of Denver, who was nominated by their friend Jessi.

"Landon and his wife Keara were about to open a cafe in Denver and then COVID-19 hit. So they and their staff teamed up with four other local organizations to cofound Denver Emergency Food Network to provide meals to Denver families in need - over 135,000 meals so far."

News July 12 2020

Our next frontline worker appreciation goes to Juliana, who works as a doctor in the ICU ward.  

"I am a doctor and work in the ICU, on the front line against the coronavirus. Mental tiredness overcomes physical tiredness. However, when a patient is discharged, cured, it is the best feeling in life. It is confirmation that I have chosen the right profession."

News July 13 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Michael Warshol from Knoxville, TN, who was nominated by his friend Morgan.  

"Michael has been working nonstop since the virus changed our lives. He makes 200+ deliveries on most days and does it with a smile...and while listening to Pearl Jam, his favorite band in all the land."

News July 14 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Elliot Citron from Hollywood, Florida who was nominated by his friend, Morgan.  

"Eliot is a registered nurse at a busy South Florida hospital where he didn’t think twice about working while being immunocompromised himself. He’s rockin’ in the free world and on the front lines and definitely deserves a shout out!"

News July 15 2020

Today's frontline workers appreciation goes to Kristen Kauke from St. Charles, Illinois.  

"As a clinical social worker, I’m not in an ER or on the front lines of the COVID-19 virus, but I am on the front lines fighting for the mental and emotional wellbeing of those in my community. I hold space for those trying to heal from trauma in a world that is uncertain."

News July 16 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Jeanette Nazarian from Catonsville, Maryland who was nominated by Doug Nazarian. 

"Jeanette is the Director of the Intensive Care Unit and President of the Medical Staff at Howard County General Hospital in Columbia, Maryland. She stands right on the front line: she leads a team of smart, dedicated people who are serving their patients and their community 24/7. She is wearing a shirt from the 2018 Fenway shows under her PPE."

News July 17 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Carlos Edgardo Flores Olmos and to all firefighters from Chile, who was nominated by his father, Militza Olmos Valdivia.

"My son Carlos is a volunteer firefighter in Chile, and he and his mates are doing full week duty, in their firefight stations during this period, away from their families. They have to take care of all people in town and all their related circumstances."

News July 18 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Bryan Lawson from San Juan Capistrano, California who was nominated by his coworker Jordan Sanford.  

"Bryan and I are crew members at Trader Joe’s in Laguna Niguel California. Through this difficult time our country is facing right now, our manager has allowed a few of our crew members to play music outside while our customers wait in line. Bryan puts his heart and soul into all the songs he not only plays but sings."

News July 19 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Ryan McCorkle M.D. from Austin, Texas.  

"We are the Central Austin COVID Center.  Cared for the first patient that was intubated for COVID here.  I rode my bicycle around to all the local paint shops to obtain respirators & filters for our providers, both for the protection of our patients & our staff but also to reduce our consumption of disposable paper PPE."

News July 20 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes out to Vincent Garrison and his team of fellow teachers.  

"I am part of a crew of teachers that quickly started making protective shields for doctors, nurses, and essential workers when the coronavirus started to spread. We started using our 3D printers and laser cutters and secured enough material to make 16,000 shields. We have delivered shields to every hospital in the tristate area and beyond."

News July 21 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes out to Kasey MacInnes from Austin, Texas. 

"Spinnin’ RAD circles! I’m a Radiologic/Cat Scan Technologist in Austin, Texas. Imaging (X-ray and CT) has become an essential piece in diagnosing and monitoring the progression of COVID-19 patients."

News July 22 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes to Charlotte Roberts and her colleagues in Liverpool, England.  

"I’m an ITU nurse in Liverpool, England. Myself and my colleagues have been working tirelessly for the past few weeks, often going 4-5 hours in full PPE without a break. I’m proud of everyone working in healthcare and all those key workers keeping the world moving."  

News July 23 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes out to all aid workers and volunteers, who are being nominated by Daniela Ramadani.  

"I landed in Bangui, Central African Republic for my first mission in the international cooperation. In many of these centers, hospitals, clinics etc., these events, but most of all, the daily practice, would not be possible without the economical and organizational support of aid-workers from all over the world."

News July 24 2020

Today's frontline worker appreciation goes out to Carrie Klingman from Plainfield, Indiana. 

"I've been a Physician Assistant (PA) working in the ER for 18 years now. We never expected a pandemic of this magnitude, but I'm fortunate to work with a great team of docs, PAs, NPs, RTs and RNs, and we'll all get through this together!"

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Awesome!!!! Thank you a million times to her and her co workers. 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,556
    Way to go Carina🙌
    Bra jobba😎
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    So much respect for all these heroes.
    People use that word lightly. 
    In this case its the right word. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,740
    Good job everyone!
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    had a brief conversation with a person today, who was not respecting a front line worker enough.
    i set them in their proper place. all front line workers are heroes.