******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawks said:
    Wentz was ok today.  One terrible throw on the interception and a few high ones but I put very little blame on this game on him.  The defense fucking blows. They got toyed with and torched for 37 points and of course no turnovers.  The sitting back and waiting for the D-line to get pressure ain't fucking working anymore there Schwartz. Better start trying to create chaos. The only reason the game was even minimally close was because of the terrible turnover on the punt at the end of the half.  

And that damn Cowboys onsides kick was maddening.  what the hell were the Falcons doing on that? it's like ball spinning mesmerized them or something. jump on the freaking ball you idiots.  Falcons had a 15 point lead with 8 minutes left and lost in regulation. That is pretty damn hard to do.

Once again this division sucks so might only have to get to 9 wins to win it again.
    28-3
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    The decisions to throw where/when he did were awful for a supposed franchise, 5th year, QB

For what they gave up to get him and for what they are paying him, he need to be a top five quarterback. Five years in, he’s still not anywhere close to that. 

Hugely frustrating. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    He was outplayed by Goff by a large margin, that would concern me if I were an Eagles fan.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    He was outplayed by Goff by a large margin, that would concern me if I were an Eagles fan.
    Yeah. Not like our defense is playing all that well either though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    Goff was throwing to wide open receivers all day.  And Goff is still 1-2 against Wentz.
    Fucking Wentz getting outplayed by a rookie. This is pathetic
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Fucking Wentz getting outplayed by a rookie. This is pathetic

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I thought Wentz was a much better QB than this. Even drafted him ahead of Allen. Mistake on my part. 
    bbiggs said:
    I thought Wentz was a much better QB than this. Even drafted him ahead of Allen. Mistake on my part. 
    He’s nowhere close to how good he should be considering what they gave up to get him and what they’re paying him. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    He’s nowhere close to how good he should be considering what they gave up to get him and what they’re paying him. 

Sounds like the QB of the team I root for as well. Good news is we benched him for Foles. Surprised by Wentz though. He’s regressed. 
    On the bright side the whole nfc East kinda sucks and we are only half a game out of first. so there’s a slight possibility they could win the division. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I thought it was a chicken shit call to not try the FG.  Doug is a smart guy and I know he isn't chicken shit, so I have to think that Doug thought there was no way in hell the PK hit from that distance.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I thought it was a chicken shit call to not try the FG.  Doug is a smart guy and I know he isn't chicken shit, so I have to think that Doug thought there was no way in hell the PK hit from that distance.
    Well after the penalty it would have been a 64 yarder, that's NFL record tying, and the game wasn't in Denver, so I get the decision to not go for it.
    Good news is the Eagles are now in great position for Trevor Lawrence.
    bbiggs said:

so in 2 or 3 years when all these young QBs get paid and Wentz is like the 12th highest paid QB will be ok if he is only the 12th best QB? sure seems like you obsessed with his salary.

I am surprised how bad he has been so far this year. He has never had a year with more than 7 interceptions and he already has 6 in 3 games. today he was mostly ok but just had a few really bad plays. kind of hard to figure.

Of all the games over the years you have complained about not running the ball enough Juggler today was the day you should have complained most.  with a seriously struggling QB, the worst rushing defense in the league and had success with it today Sanders should have gotten close to 30 carries today. 

I think Pederson should have went for it at the end of overtime instead of attempting field goal and of course punting.  why not go there?  not trusting Wentz or the offensive line?

Joe Burrow is pretty impressive.  Great poise and great touch on this throws.

edited September 2020
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:

so in 2 or 3 years when all these young QBs get paid and Wentz is like the 12th highest paid QB will be ok if he is only the 12th best QB? sure seems like you obsessed with his salary.

At this point being the 12th best qb in the league would be a huge improvement for the guy rated dead last in rating, 29th in qbr, 29th in completion percent, 29th in td percentage, and dead last in yards per attempt. I could go on, but fuck......I just really depressed myself further because I didn't actually think the numbers were that bad. 

They traded two 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick, and a 4th round pick to select him second overall.

Now he has one of the biggest contracts in NFL history and only 3 other qb's have more guaranteed money.

But.....yeah, let's wait until 2023 to criticize him. Makes perfect sense. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2020
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Sounds like the QB of the team I root for as well. Good news is we benched him for Foles. Surprised by Wentz though. He’s regressed. 
    Foles is pretty versatile. Shame you released Tre Burton. Could've replicated this thing of beauty:

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Poncier said:
    Well after the penalty it would have been a 64 yarder, that's NFL record tying, and the game wasn't in Denver, so I get the decision to not go for it.
    The schedule is fucking brutal rest of the way.They owe Wentz fucking ton of guaranteed money, and just took another fucking qb in the second round this year for some reason. I don't see Lawrence coming here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    The schedule is fucking brutal rest of the way.They owe Wentz fucking ton of guaranteed money, and just took another fucking qb in the second round this year for some reason. I don't see Lawrence coming here. 
    The trade market for the pick for Ronnie Sunshine Bass would be huge if Philly wants to stay with Prince Harry or turn things over to Jalen Hurts instead.
    Endeavor for Trevor.
    edited September 2020
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:

At this point being the 12th best qb in the league would be a huge improvement for the guy rated dead last in rating, 29th in qbr, 29th in completion percent, 29th in td percentage, and dead last in yards per attempt. I could go on, but fuck......I just really depressed myself further because I didn't actually think the numbers were that bad. 

They traded two 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick, and a 4th round pick to select him second overall.

Now he has one of the biggest contracts in NFL history and only 3 other qb's have more guaranteed money.

I have been criticizing him this year. he has sucked at an unacceptable level.  But that has nothing to do with his salary. Why does his salary dictate how his on field performance is judged? Do you judge Fletcher Cox or other players based on their salary? Or just Wentz?  That is what I don't get.  After every game this year you have brought up his salary. Why?  and yes they traded all that for him. and have gotten 3 straight playoff performances from him including a Super Bowl run that was started in regular season by an MVP like season by him..  You aren't suggesting this was a bad trade are you?  please tell you are not.
    edited September 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:

I have been criticizing him this year. he has sucked at an unacceptable level.  But that has nothing to do with his salary. Why does his salary dictate how his on field performance is judged? Do you judge Fletcher Cox or other players based on their salary? Or just Wentz?  That is what I don't get.  After every game this year you have brought up his salary. Why?  and yes they traded all that for him. and have gotten 3 straight playoff performances from him including a Super Bowl run that was started in regular season by an MVP like season by him..  You aren't suggesting this was a bad trade are you?  please tell you are not.
    If you don't understand why players like Wentz, and yes Cox (who in my opinion has also not performed up to his salary), should not be criticized more because of how much of the salary cap is allocated towards them, I don't know what to tell you. 

It's called Return on Investment. They invested a fortune to move up to get him and they've since made given him one of the richest quarterbacks in NFL history.... and he's one of the worst quarterbacks in all of football so far this year. 

Put it this way, let's say they never got Wentz in the first place. Instead they picked up a stop gap type of guy in Ryan Fitzpatrick. And Fitzpatrick was playing at a similar level as Wentz is this year. Fitz would not garner nearly as much criticism because his expectations would not be that of a top 2 pick getting more guaranteed money than all but three quarterbacks in the league. 

Why do you think Ryan Leaf is still a running joke twenty years later? Wentz is obviously way better than him, but it illustrates how expectations are set from where a player was drafted. 

So, yeah, salary and what they gave up to get him absolutely play a huge factor because they dictate his expectations. You don't trade up to 2 to select a qb performing like Wentz is right now. Pretty basic stuff. 

And yeah, I think Ponce is right. I would not be surprised if they consider a trade if they end up with 5 or 6 wins. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I thought it was a chicken shit decision to just not go for 2 in the 4th. Fuck it.
    edited September 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:

If you don't understand why players like Wentz, and yes Cox (who in my opinion has also not performed up to his salary), should not be criticized more because of how much of the salary cap is allocated towards them, I don't know what to tell you. 

It's called Return on Investment. They invested a fortune to move up to get him and they've since made given him one of the richest quarterbacks in NFL history.... and he's one of the worst quarterbacks in all of football so far this year. 

Put it this way, let's say they never got Wentz in the first place. Instead they picked up a stop gap type of guy in Ryan Fitzpatrick. And Fitzpatrick was playing at a similar level as Wentz is this year. Fitz would not garner nearly as much criticism because his expectations would not be that of a top 2 pick getting more guaranteed money than all but three quarterbacks in the league. 

Why do you think Ryan Leaf is still a running joke twenty years later? Wentz is obviously way better than him, but it illustrates how expectations are set from where a player was drafted. 

So, yeah, salary and what they gave up to get him absolutely play a huge factor because they dictate his expectations. You don't trade up to 2 to select a qb performing like Wentz is right now. Pretty basic stuff. 

And yeah, I think Ponce is right. I would not be surprised if they consider a trade if they end up with 5 or 6 wins. 
    But he's been bad for 3 fucking games not a career.  Their ROI on Wentz to this point has been very good.  And trading Wentz after this year would be fucking idiotic.  They will not find a better QB available than Wentz after this year. They just won't and if you can't understand that...
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:

But he's been bad for 3 fucking games not a career.  Their ROI on Wentz to this point has been very good.  And trading Wentz after this year would be fucking idiotic.  They will not find a better QB available than Wentz after this year. They just won't and if you can't understand that...
    Well we will see how this season turns out. He certainly cannot be any worse but I am not expecting much from this team which will mean another season without a playoff win through five years for him. That is not exactly an ideal ROI in my opinion. 

Also--the argument for trading him is not that they won't find a better qb immediately, it would rather be to kind of start over and rebuild. Tough to rebuild with 100M guaranteed to a qb with his track record. We'll see. I wouldn't bet on that happening, but if the season ends up the kind of disaster that its starting out as...trust me, everything will likely be on the table, especially with them taking a qb in the second round this year.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Takes the Eagles on the money line. Birds win this one
    pjhawks said:
    Against the Niners? Hopefully you’re right, but I don’t know... 😕
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjhawks said:
    Niners missing top two corners (maybe top 3), top two linemen, top two rbs, and starting qb

I give the birds a chance, still think the Niners win but with so much of the defense missing this is Carson's chance to play better and get a win.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    Niners missing top two corners (maybe top 3), top two linemen, top two rbs, and starting qb

Eagles have a few starting O-Linemen out, and 2 WR out. That makes it more difficult for Wentz when he has to run for his life and no one to throw to.

Niners with  a shit-load of injured players not playing too. 

Football is a brutal sport.
    On the bright side the whole nfc East kinda sucks and we are only half a game out of first. so there’s a slight possibility they could win the division. 
    So if we somehow win tonight we will be in first with the cowgirls and Washington losing. That’s kinda funny
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    So if we somehow win tonight we will be in first with the cowgirls and Washington losing. That’s kinda funny
    Probably gonna take 5 wins to win the NFC East this season.