framed poster thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    GlowGirl said:
    I’m not sure what Michael’s frames are like so I can’t compare. It is not super thick, but not that flimsy. You could call and ask. For me it’s a good alternative. The last two posters I framed cost $350 each just for the framing. Worth it for those two. But for my two coming up, it is not. What I might do is what I suggested and buy the frame and the mat there, and the get the glass from my framer. But here is a photo of something I framed using Art to Frames with the plexi. It came out ok. 

Looks nice, nice print too.  Thanks for your feedback.  I do my own framing for normal size posters, but I"ve got all these 12x36 ones that require a 16x40 frame, which I can't find without a total custom job.  I think I'll try one and see how the plexi is.  To your point, I could get someone to cut some glass later if it it's too cheap.  
  • I don't want to start a new thread for this, but does anybody know if there is a PJ website or anywhere that might have a list w/ pictures of all specific show Pearl Jam posters? Or at the very least recent ones from maybe the past 5 or 6 tours?
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    mshnayder said:
    I don't want to start a new thread for this, but does anybody know if there is a PJ website or anywhere that might have a list w/ pictures of all specific show Pearl Jam posters? Or at the very least recent ones from maybe the past 5 or 6 tours?
    https://expressobeans.com/
    Type in Pearl Jam in the year of the poster your looking for. 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,073
    mshnayder said:
    I don't want to start a new thread for this, but does anybody know if there is a PJ website or anywhere that might have a list w/ pictures of all specific show Pearl Jam posters? Or at the very least recent ones from maybe the past 5 or 6 tours?
    http://www.thecolorsblend.com/
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    SHZA said:
    mshnayder said:
    neat!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Not Pearl Jam, but wanted to share. This is from Jack White's gig in my hometown Poznan, Poland. The art by Grzegorz Domaradzki (gabz), Krzysztof Domaradzki's twin brother.

• RW8297 said:
    Not Pearl Jam, but wanted to share. This is from Jack White's gig in my hometown Poznan, Poland. The art by Grzegorz Domaradzki (gabz), Krzysztof Domaradzki's twin brother.

That is an awesome print.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    He is awesome:
    https://iamgabz.com
    SHZA said:
    mshnayder said:
    This is a good one as well. 
    RW8297 said:

This is a cool poster. I’ve owned a few Doberman’s in the past. Great dogs. 
  • Not up on the wall yet, but just back from the framer and nearly as tall as I am...
  • DavidD said:
    mshnayder said:
    https://expressobeans.com/
    Type in Pearl Jam in the year of the poster your looking for. 
    SHZA said:
    mshnayder said:
    Thank you both!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Not up on the wall yet, but just back from the framer and nearly as tall as I am...
    Classic poster... looks awesome! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    Not up on the wall yet, but just back from the framer and nearly as tall as I am...
    on2legs said:

Thanks! Saw it framed at Sleight of Hand Cellars and had to do the same. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    RW8297 said:

That's awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    RW8297 said:

That's awesome
    It does look perfect in person.
  • zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    I usually use a framer in Chicago, April 7. And what they do is impressive and their abilities are art on to themselves. But I couldn't bring myself to spend a couple hundred dollars to frame a $35 poster (might feel different about a Grail). I saw people recommending Art to Frame, so I decided to give it a try. This ended up costing about $100. You can upload an image of what you are framing, and use that to build around it. The only difficulty is selecting the color of the mat. It's sometimes difficult to really tell the differences between some of the shades. 

When I ordered, they estimated 2 months before shipping, but it shipped in about 3 weeks. When I received the shipping notice, it said 7 - 14 day delivery, but I got it in 3. All in all, I like how this one turned out. Last night I ordered one for the OKC print, I'll post when it comes.  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    edited September 2020
    I usually use a framer in Chicago, April 7. And what they do is impressive and their abilities are art on to themselves. But I couldn't bring myself to spend a couple hundred dollars to frame a $35 poster (might feel different about a Grail). I saw people recommending Art to Frame, so I decided to give it a try. This ended up costing about $100. You can upload an image of what you are framing, and use that to build around it. The only difficulty is selecting the color of the mat. It's sometimes difficult to really tell the differences between some of the shades. 

When I ordered, they estimated 2 months before shipping, but it shipped in about 3 weeks. When I received the shipping notice, it said 7 - 14 day delivery, but I got it in 3. All in all, I like how this one turned out. Last night I ordered one for the OKC print, I'll post when it comes.  
    That came out great. I mentioned Art to Frames a few times on here. I have used them several times. For what you pay, I think the quality is pretty good. I just spent $700 framing two posters not too long ago. But one was a 98 Ames and the other was one that cost me quite a bit. But you are right that for the $35 Baltimore and OKC posters I got, Art to Frames should be just fine. Once my OKC arrives, I will likely be ordering. Make sure to post your finished one.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381

Looks really good... great choices on the matte and frame! 👍🏻😀
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Couple of recent frame ups

• CrewCrew Posts: 299
    edited September 2020

Holy shit, are you looking to adopt a 35yo?   :o=)

That Baltimore frame-up is literally perfect.  I wasn't too keen on the variant until seeing your version!  

Regardless, that's a serious handful of prints.  Nicely done.
  • Couple of recent frame ups

This is straight up amazing. Band signed Emek???? Nice work.
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Crew said:

That Baltimore frame-up is literally perfect.  I wasn't too keen on the variant until seeing your version!  

Thanks! Dunno about the adoption...would be weird to have a kid just 2 years younger than me ;)
    Crew said:

Thanks! Dunno about the adoption...would be weird to have a kid just 2 years younger than me ;)
    It's happened before...
  • stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
     #29/100
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
    Repurposing mats and frames..

• Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008