WEATHER

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:
    deadendp said:

@brianlux Interesting that they reported how much water fell. I told you it was a lot of rain. 

Water... waaaaaaaaaaaaaater!
    What they don't tell you about the storm sewer project was that a prior mayor wanted to look like a hero and ignored all of the suggestions and nudges that the EPA laid out for Akron to replace waterlines and to upgrade storm sewers.  (80's -> 90's & 2000's) He was in office for maybe 24 years, then passed it on (after resigning, if memory serves) to the next in line.  The fun fact of that is because the asshat waited so long, all government monies to help the city fund the project were no longer available.  Instead, we had EPA mandates and deadlines.  So, the water bill that was $57 when we moved in (water, trash/recycling and sewer) is now $150/month.  Yes, we have lived here for 21 years and there would certainly be an increase, but the majority of the increase was to upgrade the sewers.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    deadendp said:
    brianlux said:
    deadendp said:

@brianlux Interesting that they reported how much water fell. I told you it was a lot of rain. 

Water... waaaaaaaaaaaaaater!
    What they don't tell you about the storm sewer project was that a prior mayor wanted to look like a hero and ignored all of the suggestions and nudges that the EPA laid out for Akron to replace waterlines and to upgrade storm sewers.  (80's -> 90's & 2000's) He was in office for maybe 24 years, then passed it on (after resigning, if memory serves) to the next in line.  The fun fact of that is because the asshat waited so long, all government monies to help the city fund the project were no longer available.  Instead, we had EPA mandates and deadlines.  So, the water bill that was $57 when we moved in (water, trash/recycling and sewer) is now $150/month.  Yes, we have lived here for 21 years and there would certainly be an increase, but the majority of the increase was to upgrade the sewers.  

Sounds like typical FUBAR!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2020

Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    pouring outside! Hopefully power doesn't go out
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Grey cold day..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Crazy wind at three o clock in the morning..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

We're about to get some of that here in the Sierra Foothills soon as well.  In fact, much of Northern California has a sever winter storm warning out starting at around midnight tonight and continuing through Friday.   We've been told to expect widespread power outages due to high winds and cold, snowy weather.  Gonna be a rough one!

I had to put my books on vacation hold and by late this evening, likely won't have internet access continuing for maybe days, so y'all be good around here!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

We're about to get some of that here in the Sierra Foothills soon as well.  In fact, much of Northern California has a sever winter storm warning out starting at around midnight tonight and continuing through Friday.   We've been told to expect widespread power outages due to high winds and cold, snowy weather.  Gonna be a rough one!

I had to put my books on vacation hold and by late this evening, likely won't have internet access continuing for maybe days, so y'all be good around here!  :smiley:
    Stay safe Brian.
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Stay safe Brian.

Will do, thanks!  :smile:

brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Take care buddy..why no internet??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Got 12+ inches Sunday/Monday. Definitely my last year without a snowblower.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Stay safe and well. I hope the power holds for you. 
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

We're on satellite and the modem requires power.  We have a small generator but if we use it, we need to conserve to keep the fridge going, save the food.
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Thanks!  It's 10:28 PM and we still have power which means glorious heat, and that is great because it's snowing outside. The heaviest winds are still to come but right now I'm happy!

brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

We're on satellite and the modem requires power.  We have a small generator but if we use it, we need to conserve to keep the fridge going, save the food.
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Thanks!  It's 10:28 PM and we still have power which means glorious heat, and that is great because it's snowing outside. The heaviest winds are still to come but right now I'm happy!

Where are you live man??..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Just around the corner from nowhere.  :lol:

No, seriously, as the crow flies, about 5 miles from Placerville, California.  There are lots of tree in the area and they were expecting  power outages from down trees.  I'm amazed we have power this morning.  Really amazed.   Also, for some reason, our neighborhood is only served by Hughes Network Systems (or what I call Hughes Notworking), which has to be the crappiest internet surface this side of Bangladesh.  It wasn't working for a while yesterday and connection is very slow today.

Yes, moving has been on my mind quite a bit for some time.

brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Just around the corner from nowhere.  :lol:

No, seriously, as the crow flies, about 5 miles from Placerville, California.  There are lots of tree in the area and they were expecting  power outages from down trees.  I'm amazed we have power this morning.  Really amazed.   Also, for some reason, our neighborhood is only served by Hughes Network Systems (or what I call Hughes Notworking), which has to be the crappiest internet surface this side of Bangladesh.  It wasn't working for a while yesterday and connection is very slow today.

Yes, moving has been on my mind quite a bit for some time.
    That sounds surreal..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

It's windy and very cold.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Snowstorm in the philly area today-tomorrow. Suppose to get anywhere between 6-12 inches. Hasn't started yet.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Crazy wind again at six o' clock in the morning.. waiting some snow over the weekend..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

Just got this crazy intense hail storm. Chunks of ice bouncing everywhere. Yet it is 64 degrees out. Weird. 
  • It's really quite cool in the UK for this time of year, only 11 degrees which is an improvement through the days and some well needed rays of sunlight but much cooler in the evenings. 
    They say it might rain here Sunday.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!  The last rain we had was March 18.  It's dry and  look like June around here already!

Lovely spring day..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    edited April 2021
    GlowGirl said:

Just got this crazy intense hail storm. Chunks of ice bouncing everywhere. Yet it is 64 degrees out. Weird. 
    That was quite an intense storm.  Short but powerful. And 34 degrees on April 22. Yuck.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    beautiful sunny day 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Gloomy and overcast…fall is taking hold.

can not complain, here in southern Ontario we had a nice summer.  We had our humid days, maybe a little more rain than usual but overall it was a very pleasant summer..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Dark clouds all over the island..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada…

The sun is shining and 74 here in southern Ontario.  Definitely enjoying our extended summer.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Rainy and overcast here in the Midwest. "Weather only a frog would like" as the locals say.