Options

urgent: from milan to verona by train

yielderyielder Posts: 160
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello, does anyone knows if there is a train going from milan airport to verona center?

my plane lands at 19.30 in milan airport ...
i know the trainride to verona takes about 2 hours...

can someone please help me.. i dont understand italian language .. thanks !

greets
dave

nice paris setlist !
Greets Dave
Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    think you should go from the airport to the central station by taxi..then when you get there ("stazione centrale")..but i don't know how long does it take you
    to get from the airport to the station..anyway here's some timetables..

From milano centrale at 20.05-you get to VERONA PORTA NUOVA at 21.40
    20.15 22.07
    21.05 22.40

if you have any more question or if you need help feel free to ask, or you can pm me!
    it's easy to confuse a great design with life's ripercussions

i'd rather die than give you control
  • Options
    ah okay, i was on the train site from italy but i dont know what trainstation i have to take to go to verona centra.. it seems you have 3 stations, but witch one?

thanks a lot italian friend !
    :-)
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    yielder wrote:
    ah okay, i was on the train site from italy but i dont know what trainstation i have to take to go to verona centra.. it seems you have 3 stations, but witch one?

thanks a lot italian friend !
    :-)

Porta Nuova is the closest one to the Arena.
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Just gave you three minutes of my evening, didn't do so much:-)
    In verona there are three train stations, the first one you enter in is "villafranca di verona" which is a small village before verona, so you have to ignore it..i think that VERONA PORTA NUOVA is the second one, and it is the central station..if you go wrong and end up in VERONA PORTA VESCOVO, i think it's not a big problem, you can still reach the centre by taxi or bus, but take care not to go down in villafranca di verona because it could be a problem.. hope it is clear now! :-)
    it's easy to confuse a great design with life's ripercussions

i'd rather die than give you control
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    In Milan the station you want to go to is Stazione Centrale. If you are talking about flying into milan at 19:30 and catch the show in Verona the same day there is not a chance you'll make it.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    There are three airports around Milan. Malpensa (MXP), Linate (LIN), and Milan Bergamo (BGY). Ryanair flys into Bergamo and if you go to Stazione Centrale from there you’ll be going about 30 miles in the opposite direction of Verona, as it resides between the two locations…That's what I noticed when I was looking at possible routes.

Last time I went through Stazione Centrale in Milan I inadvertently ended up visiting Lake Como unscheduled…Haha, turned out to be a pretty cool mistake…Enjoy your trip.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    In Milan the station you want to go to is Stazione Centrale. If you are talking about flying into milan at 19:30 and catch the show in Verona the same day there is not a chance you'll make it.

no its on 15 september when i land in milan, and i plan to go directly to verona.

thanks for all the help guys !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    Just gave you three minutes of my evening, didn't do so much:-)
    In verona there are three train stations, the first one you enter in is "villafranca di verona" which is a small village before verona, so you have to ignore it..i think that VERONA PORTA NUOVA is the second one, and it is the central station..if you go wrong and end up in VERONA PORTA VESCOVO, i think it's not a big problem, you can still reach the centre by taxi or bus, but take care not to go down in villafranca di verona because it could be a problem.. hope it is clear now! :-)

hey, isnt there a way to get from beragoma to verona porta nuova by train or bus.. because milan is futher away than beragoma.. ?

and... do you know if there is a metro or a bus that drives to the Milan forum? Also after the show back to milan center?
    thanks for all your help. !
    dave
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    is here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213248

the metro stop to the Forum is Famagosta. There are also buses.

I also posted info about travelling from Bergamo to Verona.

Just search that thread for the answers.
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    is here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213248

the metro stop to the Forum is Famagosta. There are also buses.

I also posted info about travelling from Bergamo to Verona.

Just search that thread for the answers.

thanks !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    yielder wrote:
    thanks !

you're welcome! :)
  • Options
    yielder wrote:
    Hello, does anyone knows if there is a train going from milan airport to verona center?

my plane lands at 19.30 in milan airport ...
    i know the trainride to verona takes about 2 hours...

can someone please help me.. i dont understand italian language .. thanks !

greets
    dave
    First of all, which airport?
    Milano has 2 airport malpensa and linate.In this case you have to go to central station.From milano linate there is a bus to central station.
    From milano malpensa there is the train malpensa express which brings you to cadorna station, once in cadorna you'll take the green line of the underground and go down to stazione centrale.Then take the train to verona.
    But, 3th option.
    If you arrive with ryanair you'll arrive at bergamo airport, which is quite near to Verona, more than Milano.
    In this case you have to take the bus outside bergamo airport to the railway station in bergamo (not milano!).Then from bergamo station you can take the train to verona porta nuova.Probably you have to change train in the station of Brescia City or in one other city..
    For train'time check the italian railway website, there is also the english version, and you can buy the tickets from web.
    http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html