The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294

For any Devo fans out there 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Been continuing to sample Tree House beers for the first time.  Radiant was good, but Summer is great. Definitely a standout from the ones I’ve had. Really, really good. 

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    edited September 2020
    Nothing too exciting, but a nice straightforward IPA. If you find yourself in Milwaukee, go to Lakefront Brewery.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    edited September 2020
    A few goodies.  Best beer I have had from 3 Sheeps so far.

Post edited by Glorified KC on
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Looks good @Glorified KC. Staying up for the game tonight?

RK50065 said:
    Looks good @Glorified KC. Staying up for the game tonight?

I’m going to try.  Hopefully Jayhawk football will be a bit easier to watch this year than the past 12 seasons.
    Cheers! And go Bears! 

^How did you procure the Tree House?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Go Birds. Some DDH Alien Church

^ It’s like a PJ t shirt with multiple sets of eyes. 
    RK50065 said:
    ^How did you procure the Tree House?
    A buddy grabbed some and was generous to include me in on it. Very good beer. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I've been digging the fruited sours lately.  The Nectar series from Phase Three is top notch...

^ I’ve had a couple good nectars. Real tasty. Been a good beer day here as well. Not a huge Oktoberfest guy, but I’ll always grab one per season. Phase Three brewed a good one. 

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I've been digging the fruited sours lately.  The Nectar series from Phase Three is top notch...

I noticed the Greenbush glass - assuming you've been there, what was your opinion?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

I noticed the Greenbush glass - assuming you've been there, what was your opinion?

It's a cool place.  But I think I liked their food more than the beer....they have some great BBQ.  The beer wasn't anything special...
  • My local has been getting 3 Floyds beers lately.  Gumball head, Alpha King and Zombie Dust.

Never thought I'd see this day!
    My local has been getting 3 Floyds beers lately.  Gumball head, Alpha King and Zombie Dust.

That's awesome.  It is pretty crazy these days to walk into liquor stores and see stacks of 3 Floyds beer all over the place....I remember a few years back it would be crazy just to find a 6 pack of it somewhere.  Zombie Dust will always be one of my all time favorites.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

It's a cool place.  But I think I liked their food more than the beer....they have some great BBQ.  The beer wasn't anything special...
    I can agree with this. They have an APA - Star Chicken Shotgun that is pretty solid. Now, had you said their food sucked, I'd call your bluff. Hope you got a chance to try the brisket. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    My local has been getting 3 Floyds beers lately.  Gumball head, Alpha King and Zombie Dust.

I love Gumballhead, it's been a bit of a unicorn to find here on the other side of Lake Michigan.

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

These sure look good, but the only sour I have liked wasn't sour, and I've tried a lot.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    This was good.

I’m officially a fan of Tree House. Top notch beer.  Go Bears!

Hey @lmckenney24, score!

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2020
    RK50065 said:
    Hey @lmckenney24, score!

Hell yes!!! I hope you enjoy. Were you able to snag any others?
    ^Also brought back Tropicalia, Scofflaw Basement, and New Realm Hazy Like A Fox!
  • RK50065 said:
    ^Also brought back Tropicalia, Scofflaw Basement, and New Realm Hazy Like A Fox!
    Oh man, all great beers! You will enjoy thoroughly.
  • Long day of drinking....kick start with an Imperial Sour coming in at 8% my buddy brought over. Go Dawgs!
    This was a damn good stout.

One of the better beers Hop Butcher produces. Always a treat when they brew this one.  Go Bears!