Riot Act
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,649
    A Deeper Understanding 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2020
    Loujoe said:
    what a sad song. I imagine the crowd just drop jawed and bummed after that song and into pure feedback. Surely flipped out a few in the crowd. I knew someone that went to a dead show, took acid, and someone got into his head saying he was Satan. Dude later on lit his hotel room on fire and took his friends jeep. Ahh the good old days. Never went to see the dead. Had no interest. Now I just spin the old beaters I find second hand. Good stuff. Would love it if pj ever dared to explore music this way. Likley clear out the stands except for a few dummies like me.
    I went to a Dead show, My buddy had a spare he offered me for free. Black Crowes were opening, and although I wasn’t exactly a fan of Grateful Dead, there shows are the stuff of legend, right? I mean, people follow them around the world. 

So I dropped the requisite LSD, and I couldn’t fucking take it. :lol:

The Black Crowes opened, and they were pretty tight. Even with a nice, extended jam, they were on point. It was a short set and the only time I ever saw them, but it was so great, it’s nice to remember them that way.

Then out came the mighty GD, and they were so sloppy.

I mean, I love flights of fancy (Miles, Hendrix, Syd Barrett, Ornette, Neil Young, Beefheart, Sonic Youth, Patti Smith, Zappa, Tull, etc. etc.), but this was more like flights of narcolepsy. 

I had to bolt. I hung out in the parking lot with the drug dealers, bootleggers and craft merchants for a few hours, waiting for my ride home. And I actually had a blast with those folks. I even helped sell some goods, I think. :mrgreen: 

The funny thing is that that particular Dead show is a legendary show among Dead Heads: Tampa Stadium 1995. I’ve only ever given their studio stuff the time of day since then, but maybe I should give that show a listen—just to see what I missed. 

The set list looks interesting. 

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,692
    sounds like you might expect from a boot
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031
    Genesis - Duke
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    MOFI ultra analog gain 2. One of the real treasures in my collection.  Kills an original. 

• Options

Talk don't talk if you've nothing to say
    Walk don't walk if your feet don't know the way
  • Options

• Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MOFI ultra analog gain 2. One of the real treasures in my collection.  Kills an original. 

Hmmm, I enjoy my original.... but...
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Hmmm, I enjoy my original.... but...
    My other is this Terre Haute pressing.  It's good but not like the mobile.  MOFIs habit of really accentuating the bottom end really works well for this record.  I found the original a bit thin.
    https://www.discogs.com/The-Allman-Brothers-Band-Brothers-And-Sisters/release/7676408
  • Options
    Ode to Joy
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,763

• Options
    Loujoe said:

:rock_on:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    A magical journey that finds its way to me every so often...would like to find long live rock and roll someday. Dio is pretty fantastic with his lyrics.  
  • Options
    man, a lot of nervous strumming, flutes, keys etc. packed in this folk music. Dig its unique walls of sounds attacking my eardrums. 'Run, Shaker Life' in particular. Give er a listen with a cup o joe and attack your today man!

"Tomorrow waits like a promise, but will it let me down like yesterday"

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Love Pet
  • Options
    May 30th said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Love Pet

being in recovery, this record speaks to something deep in me. theres truth in this.

pet is a fave, it illustrates well the power  a substance can have.

Gravity though is 1 for me.....

• Options
    Till The Sun Turns Black
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    edited September 2020

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Nice haul. I think On The Beach might be my favorite NY studio record. 
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Had to move upstairs for side 2, which demands the Dual. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Always took you for a Le Noise kind of guy.
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Always took you for a Le Noise kind of guy.
    Haha.. not really sure how to take that.  I really like Daniel Lanois,  but mellower NY is always my preference.