2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    If he did actually leave id like to see Giannis go to Dallas or New Orleans.  Not sure who Dallas could offer in a trade but the Pelicans have almost every Lakers 1st round pick until 2026.   
  • If he did actually leave id like to see Giannis go to Dallas or New Orleans.  Not sure who Dallas could offer in a trade but the Pelicans have almost every Lakers 1st round pick until 2026.   
    He'll go to the Knicks!  Said no one ever, lol.

Giannis needs help for sure.  Imagine him playing w Doncic?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    23scidoo said:

He won't have a choice if the Bucks trade him.

I think Celtics have the assets to make a trade? Miami too?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    He's going to Miami as a FA after next season, they have tons of cap space, so Bucks might as well trade him 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutz said:
    23scidoo said:

Miami is a horrible fit.  I don't think he and Butler would play well together.  Boston would be interesting.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    not a huge marcus smart fan but he sure enough did get run over by gasol on that inbounds play. that was a great game.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Raps are in the running for him too. 

Sloppy game at times tonight by them but strong finish gets them the W. I am getting more annoyed then I normally do at the diving and embellishments. Anyone else watch this game and think there was more than normal or is it just me?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Wobbie said:
    not a huge marcus smart fan but he sure enough did get run over by gasol on that inbounds play. that was a great game.
    The boy who cried wolf. 
  • PJNB said:
    Raps are in the running for him too. 

Sloppy game at times tonight by them but strong finish gets them the W. I am getting more annoyed then I normally do at the diving and embellishments. Anyone else watch this game and think there was more than normal or is it just me?
    I don't have kids in sports so I don't know but Greenberg mentioned that his kids and their piers all do flopping now.  It has reached the middle and HS levels now. 
  • Celtics better wake up man...
    edited September 2020
    Annoying. Isnt it?  They all flop.   Ginobli and Lebron made it famous in the 2000s.  Now its a smart tactic unfortunately.  

Its like watching soccer. 
  • Annoying. Isnt it?  They all flop.   Ginobli and Lebron made it famous in the 2000s.  Now its a smart tactic unfortunately.  

A couple of the Euro guys were doing it.  Then it became rampant.  My biggest complaint about LBJ is the flopping but it has a part in the game now.

My other pet peave is the shooter jumping in to the defender for a foul.  They need to reverse that shit.
    PJNB said:
    Anyone else watch this game and think there was more than normal or is it just me?
    You have a game featuring Kyle Lowry and Marcus Smart.
    Only way to have more flopping would be a game of one on one between Vlade Divac and Manflop Ginobli.
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Watching the Lakers since the bubble and I dig this Carusoe fella.  He brings energy to the game.

Lakers were AWESOME for 35 minutes then poop.
    Annoying. Isnt it?  They all flop.   Ginobli and Lebron made it famous in the 2000s.  Now its a smart tactic unfortunately.  

Vlade Divac  came to my mind . Maybe it was done before?(on a consistent basis like Divac)
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:

That would be dumb if they didn't trade him if he doesn't sign an extension. 

Why let him walk and get NOTHING in return?
    edited September 2020

The new rumour..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Game 7 tonight, can't wait, going to be a classic. Go Raptors Go!
    Just hopefully I can stay up to watch the entire game. The legend of Kyle Lowry will grow again tonight!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    23scidoo said:

The new rumour..
    That would be pulling a “Lebron” 10 yrs later...
    23scidoo said:

The new rumour..
    Not sure how they could make that happen, Current salary cap is around 109 Mil, Clips have 115 Mil committed to cap next year (when they would have to trade for Giannis) and 108,8 Mil committed in 2021-22 when he'd be a FA.
    Kawhi and George make up about 70 Mil next year and 74 Mil in 21-22 (player options for both). No way they add a 3rd max contract from outside the organization, Bird rights would be the only shot. So it would have to be a trade next year and Clips would have to send back an approximate equivalent to Giannis' 27 Mil salary in player, plus multiple first round picks. Unless either Kawhi or George opts out in 21-22, then they could pursue Giannis, but without the player who opted out.

The Heat on the other hand have tons of cap space. Have only 63 Mil committed for 21-22. Expect Giannis to take his talents to South Beach.
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

The new rumour..
    Not sure how they could make that happen, Current salary cap is around 109 Mil, Clips have 115 Mil committed to cap next year (when they would have to trade for Giannis) and 108,8 Mil committed in 2021-22 when he'd be a FA.
    Kawhi and George make up about 70 Mil next year and 74 Mil in 21-22 (player options for both). No way they add a 3rd max contract from outside the organization, Bird rights would be the only shot. So it would have to be a trade next year and Clips would have to send back an approximate equivalent to Giannis' 27 Mil salary in player, plus multiple first round picks. Unless either Kawhi or George opts out in 21-22, then they could pursue Giannis, but without the player who opted out.

The Heat on the other hand have tons of cap space. Have only 63 Mil committed for 21-22. Expect Giannis to take his talents to South Beach.
    All great points.  

That owner is beyond rich. Is there anyway he could get Giannis and have to pay some kind of Tax for being over the Cap?(and keep Leonard & George). I don't fully understand how the NBA works it.
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

The new rumour..

All great points.  

That owner is beyond rich. Is there anyway he could get Giannis and have to pay some kind of Tax for being over the Cap?(and keep Leonard & George). I don't fully understand how the NBA works it.
    Teams can go over the cap to re-sign their own player (the so called Bird Rights), so if they were to swing a trade for Giannis, they could then re-sign him once he is on the team and go over the cap and pay the luxury tax penalty. Couldn't just wait the year till he's a FA and sign him with Kawhi and George's deals on the books, so one of them would have to opt out.
    But salaries in trades in the NBA have to match up to a certain degree (like 125% or something) so since Giannis is making about 27 Mil next year, Clips would have to send back somewhere around $22 Mil worth of current players to Milwaukee in the deal plus whatever picks Milwaukee demands, And not sure Clippers picks are too valuable as they won't likely be in the lottery for a while (whoever thought they'd see those words typed out). Hard to imagine any scenario where a trade to LAC happens.

Nuggets are still alive..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Poncier said:
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

The new rumour..

All great points.  

Teams can go over the cap to re-sign their own player (the so called Bird Rights), so if they were to swing a trade for Giannis, they could then re-sign him once he is on the team and go over the cap and pay the luxury tax penalty. Couldn't just wait the year till he's a FA and sign him with Kawhi and George's deals on the books, so one of them would have to opt out.
    But salaries in trades in the NBA have to match up to a certain degree (like 125% or something) so since Giannis is making about 27 Mil next year, Clips would have to send back somewhere around $22 Mil worth of current players to Milwaukee in the deal plus whatever picks Milwaukee demands, And not sure Clippers picks are too valuable as they won't likely be in the lottery for a while (whoever thought they'd see those words typed out). Hard to imagine any scenario where a trade to LAC happens.

I see. Thanks.

Yeah,  who would've thought the Clippers NOT having a Lottery pick and no value trying to trade Draft picks.

Neither Los Angeles team has any real draft picks of value until about 2026.  Even the ones that the Lakers do own the Pelicans get the option to swap with them.  The Thunder are also hoping for LA basketball to go down the drain.   

The Clips and Lakers are both still in the hunt so im sure they dont care right now lol
    8 down, 8 to go...

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Poncier said:
    8 down, 8 to go...

Go gang green GO! The Celtics need to get The Finals and win to keep that streak of a Boston area team in a championship round.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Westbrook is one of the most overrated players, in any sport, i have ever see..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.