Options

2020 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged Reissue

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
edited September 2020 in The Porch

MTV Unplugged Image
MTV Unplugged
Just days after Pearl Jam completed their first American tour, the band made their way up to New York City on March 16th, 1992 to play songs from their debut album “Ten”.

For the first time ever, MTV Unplugged will be available on CD and on streaming platforms. We’re also making the 2019 Record Store Day vinyl LP available again. Pre-order the CD and LP here. Release date for these formats and streaming is October 22nd.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options

PRESALE ITEM

CARDS WILL BE CHARGED AT TIME OF PURCHASE

Release date 10/22/2020

Three days after completing their first American tour, Pearl Jam headed to New York to strip back songs from their debut album Ten, well on its way to becoming one of 1992's top rock albums. For the first time on vinyl, relive all seven songs featured in the MTV Unplugged broadcast, including Jeremy, Even Flow, Alive, Black and State Of Love and Trust. 

Side A: 1. Oceans 2. State Of Love And Trust 3. Alive 4. Black 

Side B: 1. Jeremy 2. Even Flow 3. Porch

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,035
    Boy the people who have been buying these on eBay for over $100 aren’t going to be happy 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,137
    It says "for the first time on vinyl." Is this somehow different then the version that was part of the box set? I'm confused.
  • Options
    maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
    Will it be available in local store or just from PJ shop?
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    Jed said:
    It says "for the first time on vinyl." Is this somehow different then the version that was part of the box set? I'm confused.
    This came out for Record Store Day not too long ago.  So no, it isn't the first time on vinyl.
  • Options
    It is also available on CD. Maybe for the first time?
  • Options
    Why does it say “Variant” above the vinyl/cd option? Any difference?
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    It is also available on CD. Maybe for the first time?
    In the 10c newsletter they say
    For the first time ever, MTV Unplugged will be available on CD and on streaming platforms
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Jed said:

I think they meant "first time on CD"
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,234
    Jed said:
    We got MTV Unplugged on DVD as part of the Ten super deluxe IIRC. 
    Hope this appears in the UK/EU store.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Not complaining about this, happy to buy the "reissue", but this is why I stopped participating in RSD some time ago, always get reissued at a later date it seems.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    edited September 2020
    is packaging the same as last time? anyone with a pic?
    ohhhh and how much it was?
    thanks!
    Post edited by -decodified- on
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,822
    KM73780 said:
    Boy the people who have been buying these on eBay for over $100 aren’t going to be happy 
    Yeah. I just bought a sealed one last week. Ironic - delivery date is supposed to be today. Oh well. Not a biggie.

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    Kind of lame that an "RSD Exclusive" is being reissued in what appears to be the exact same pressing / packaging...a little heads up would have been nice
  • Options
    I wonder why they had to wait 9 months to make this announcement. They had a golden opportunity to undercut the secondary market for this LP. Indy record stores sold theirs instantly, so what would've been the harm in announcing this earlier?
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    JBob87 said:
    Kind of lame that an "RSD Exclusive" is being reissued in what appears to be the exact same pressing / packaging...a little heads up would have been nice

Agreed. At least do a variant or a different cover. That is the whole point of "RSD EXCLUSIVES".

Why not also repress Twenty, Lost Dogs, Benaroya, and any other high demand LP? They can obviously sell a ton of them. What is the difference?
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited September 2020
    Cant cart the CD and LP together....hummm     Never mind that has changed. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    maxferl said:
    Will it be available in local store or just from PJ shop?
    That would be good to know. $11.25 shipping for a $20 LP is making me hesitate to order it from the shop.
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    I wonder how many copies are in this run. Just says "limited".
    Limited to 100,000?
    Limited to how many people pre-order it, and press the quantity depending on how many pre-order it?
  • Options
    Well, I myself am happy about the reissue. I was keeping my fingers crossed that this will happen as I did not want to pay $ 100 or more for the RSD release.

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    JBob87 said:
    We got a digital download with the RSD version. I guess that is a bonus?
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    edited September 2020
    hihobibo said:
    LJBob87 said:
    We got a digital download with the RSD version. I guess that is a bonus?
    Yea and don’t get me wrong...very happy more fans will get this at cost. Struck out myself at 3 stores on RSD and just paid a flipper on Discogs earlier in the year after waiting for the price to drop bc thought it was exclusive.
    Post edited by JBob87 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,831
    Is this the am or pm performance of mtv unplugged?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is this the am or pm performance of mtv unplugged?
    They started at midnight I believe. I don't know if they went into the afternoon 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    People are unloading their copies all over the place. All of a sudden all of my FB groups have been dropping them. 
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ChrisdM said:
    I wonder how many copies are in this run. Just says "limited".
    Limited to 100,000?
    Limited to how many people pre-order it, and press the quantity depending on how many pre-order it?
    Where does it say limited? It says limited 1 per order. But you can order more than 1
    .I wonder if it'll be available in stores as well?
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Available on their 30th birthday 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Why does it say “Variant” above the vinyl/cd option? Any difference?
    I was wondering the same thing.  Once I got in the cart it didn't mention variant anymore.  I bought anyways.  Bonus would be if it was some sort of variant.  If anyone knows anything please share.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So I have $55 in gift card amount in my account.  Anyone know how the hell to apply it to checkout 
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    So I have $55 in gift card amount in my account.  Anyone know how the hell to apply it to checkout 

At the end of the payment screen you should see the "Gift card or discount code" box.