THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    I was pretty certain it was gonna play out like that.... 
    Thought they all managed to get away from the battle a bit too far easily tho - at the end of the last ep they were in deep shit!!! 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Best episode in a long time. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    walking dead coming to a close in 2022. but daryl and carol will be starting a new show in the same universe. so basically, the same show. i don't even know if i'm up to date on whatever has been released on netflix. maybe with the weather cooling down and make some popcorn and check it out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• walking dead coming to a close in 2022. but daryl and carol will be starting a new show in the same universe. so basically, the same show. i don't even know if i'm up to date on whatever has been released on netflix. maybe with the weather cooling down and make some popcorn and check it out. 
    My first thought is that we now know that Carol and Daryl survive to the finale.  Sort of a spoiler I think.   They can't make it a prequel since they obviously didn't have a relationship in Episode 1.   And then, maybe we should have just known that they wouldn't die. 
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We were late to the party but loving it. Too bad Fear the Walking Dead wasn’t up to the same level. 

Fun fact: Tovah Feldshuh is a family friend and well-known for her Broadway accomplishments  Ginsburg even asked to meet her after she performed a play about her and Sandra Day O’Connor! She only made national (worldwide?) fame after this show aired. 

Anyway, really looking forward to this show getting going again.
  • hedonist said:
    We were late to the party but loving it. Too bad Fear the Walking Dead wasn’t up to the same level. 

Fun fact: Tovah Feldshuh is a family friend and well-known for her Broadway accomplishments  Ginsburg even asked to meet her after she performed a play about her and Sandra Day O’Connor! She only made national (worldwide?) fame after this show aired. 

Anyway, really looking forward to this show getting going again.
    She has one of the cheesiest parts in all of the Walking dead...  You'll know when you see it.

Enjoy it while it lasts because the writing only gets worse...  Fear is a much better show to me now, it's writing has eclipsed Walking. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I do miss the time when this show was looked forward to as a Live Watch type of show every week.  (Or, at least the same night)
    Binged the first handful of seasons and then watched for a number of seasons in real time before the consistent shark jumping stuff got to be too much.

Might start a Daryl and Carol spin off.  Started Fear but go bored pretty quickly.
    Takes a lot to make a show like that compelling, to me.  They had some really great episodes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The Wolves episodes were some of the worst for me.

I want to see Zombie Killing and the restoration of humanity damnit!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I do miss the time when this show was looked forward to as a Live Watch type of show every week.  (Or, at least the same night)
    Binged the first handful of seasons and then watched for a number of seasons in real time before the consistent shark jumping stuff got to be too much.

Might start a Daryl and Carol spin off.  Started Fear but go bored pretty quickly.
    Takes a lot to make a show like that compelling, to me.  They had some really great episodes.

Yep.  Used to watch it live just about every Sunday night for a time there.  I tapped out a few seasons ago because it just got so ridiculous.  Can't believe it is still going....AMC sure milked this one as much as they could.  And sounds like it has been a mess behind the scenes with the creators and AMC suing each other over profits from the show.

Yep.  Used to watch it live just about every Sunday night for a time there.  I tapped out a few seasons ago because it just got so ridiculous.  Can't believe it is still going....AMC sure milked this one as much as they could.  And sounds like it has been a mess behind the scenes with the creators and AMC suing each other over profits from the show.
    yeah, my wife and i were the same. they milked it because, despite all the criticisms, it was still their number 1 show. used to watch talking dead and talk about it at work monday morning. 

i hadn't heard all the drama before. that's nuts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I do miss the time when this show was looked forward to as a Live Watch type of show every week.  (Or, at least the same night)

yeah, my wife and i were the same. they milked it because, despite all the criticisms, it was still their number 1 show. used to watch talking dead and talk about it at work monday morning. 

They started writing the same damn story over in a few episodes.  People go rogue and do stupid shit, group gets together to save them.  It's an ongoing theme.

Person needs to kill as many walkers as they can to fill a void.

Young kids continue to do beyond stupid things and seem to forget everything they've learned.

Any other reoccurring plot lines?

They started writing the same damn story over in a few episodes.  People go rogue and do stupid shit, group gets together to save them.  It's an ongoing theme.

Person needs to kill as many walkers as they can to fill a void.

Young kids continue to do beyond stupid things and seem to forget everything they've learned.

Any other reoccurring plot lines?
    oh, believe me, the monday morning conversations with coworkers slowly devolved from "that was awesome!" to "fuck that was dumb! why do they keep letting carl walk around unsupervised?". LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Oh, the kids are killers (literally and figuratively). We cheered when Carol took out that one kid. Annoying as hell, that one.

So yeah, definitely cheesy and repetitive in parts, but fun to watch. Fear had so many drawn-out “dramatic” scenes that got old quickly for me. I will still watch it when it comes back, if only to see if that side of things has improved. 

As to the behind the scenes hoopla, I stay outta that. I just want to have my fun without knowing the nonsense with legal crap. 
    hedonist said:
    Oh, the kids are killers (literally and figuratively). We cheered when Carol took out that one kid. Annoying as hell, that one.

So yeah, definitely cheesy and repetitive in parts, but fun to watch. Fear had so many drawn-out “dramatic” scenes that got old quickly for me. I will still watch it when it comes back, if only to see if that side of things has improved. 

As to the behind the scenes hoopla, I stay outta that. I just want to have my fun without knowing the nonsense with legal crap. 
    that was conflicting for me. i mean, seriously, murdering a child? that was pretty fucked up to me, even though i understood the necessity, it's just the internal struggle of trying to take my "normal world" ethics out of play in a world where ethics and norms are turned on its head. 

i watched the first two seasons maybe of Fear? i recall feeling it wasn't worth the third. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I cheered for Carl to meet his end for years.
    Most annoying character.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Most annoying character.
    i think we all did, in a way. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

but carl did bring about some of my favourite memes. 

CORAL!!!

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I agree with a lot of you are saying here. It used to be my favorite show. I still watch, but can leave it on the DVR a few days before watching now. Talking Dead has also gotten tedious. I wonder what the Rick movies will be like.
  • I cheered for Carl to meet his end for years.
    Most annoying character.
    Cawwwwwrl was redeeming in the end though.  I finally liked him.

The pissant that Carol made cookies for?  uhg.  Good riddance.

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    GlowGirl said:
    It used to be my favorite show. I still watch, but can leave it on the DVR a few days before watching now. 

Exactly where I am. I'm glad they announced that there is an end coming for the OG series. 
    I've invested a lot into this show so I'll see it through, but it's no longer "must see tv" for me.
    Most annoying character.
    Cawwwwwrl was redeeming in the end though.  I finally liked him.

The pissant that Carol made cookies for?  uhg.  Good riddance.

:lol: That damn kid was obsessed with them. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Pretty awesome zombie movie, Train to Busan

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I tried to pick back up on the Walking Dead and could not get into it.  I had planned to binge watch but after 10 minutes of it I wasn't even interested...

Haven't tried to watch the last year of Fear either.

Didn't even bother with the kids tie in show either...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I tried to pick back up on the Walking Dead and could not get into it.  I had planned to binge watch but after 10 minutes of it I wasn't even interested...

I can't even remember where i left off at. It was probably a few seasons ago. I 'll probably rewatch it after it has all ended

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

I can't even remember where i left off at. It was probably a few seasons ago. I 'll probably rewatch it after it has all ended

i'm in that boat too. But I think i'm more recent than that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I just want to know what happened to Rick.

Good lord, that show just blows now (last few seasons, actually).

And on second thought, fuck Rick. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:

It has gone down hill. I think I like Fear the Walking Dead now more than the OG series. They were supposed to make a movie that showed what happened to Rick. By the time it comes out will anyone really still give a shit what happened to him?
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

It has gone down hill. I think I like Fear the Walking Dead now more than the OG series. They were supposed to make a movie that showed what happened to Rick. By the time it comes out will anyone really still give a shit what happened to him?
    We tried that one as well but then it became too silly. It was great before the mother (Kim Dickens) died!
  • Has anyone watched this anymore?  I tried getting back into it a few months ago and it was just too stupid to continue.  It's like they let new writers and I mean NEW writers take over the helm.

Just curious.  Is Rick back yet, lol?