The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    This happened to be #1,300 on my Untappd.  I love Toppling Goliath, very solid brewery.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

LIC Beer Project Higher Burnin IPA 7 473ml can  Small batch beer and  wine
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Decent one from Phase Three, but I’ve had better from them.  Oh well. Cheers!

Canned 6 days ago!!

Get yourself some of this (or these)...

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited September 2020
    Good one from Creature Comforts w/ Citra & Nelson hops. Nice way to kick start the holiday weekend. Cheers!
    Good one from Creature Comforts w/ Citra & Nelson hops. Nice way to kick start the holiday weekend. Cheers!
    I'm a big fan of the Nelson Sauvin hops. And then pairing them with Citra. Smart.
  • Good one from Creature Comforts w/ Citra & Nelson hops. Nice way to kick start the holiday weekend. Cheers!
    I'm a big fan of the Nelson Sauvin hops. And then pairing them with Citra. Smart.
    Its really good. First time I've ever had a beer with this combo. Wife just went to get two more 4packs for trades haha
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Its really good. First time I've ever had a beer with this combo. Wife just went to get two more 4packs for trades haha
    I'm heading to Dalton in two weeks. Anything specifically I should look for locally or at the store?
  • RK50065 said:
    I'm heading to Dalton in two weeks. Anything specifically I should look for locally or at the store?
    Yeah man, there are some really good local options. If you've never had Creature Comforts Tropacalia, it is a must. Anything from them is very good and you can't really go wrong.

I'll send you a PM. If your an IPA guy, they are the best around here. 
    edited September 2020
    Perfect ending to a long week.  Cheers!

Post edited by Glorified KC on
    Looks great KC!
    ^ Bunch of good looking beers going on up there.  I was lucky enough to get a few good ones from Tree House.  Definitely as good as advertised.  Very Green was the standout for me so far. 

• bbiggs said:
    ^ Bunch of good looking beers going on up there.  I was lucky enough to get a few good ones from Tree House.  Definitely as good as advertised.  Very Green was the standout for me so far. 

Both of those are solid. Haven't had any since I moved from Boston. Need to get my hands on some.
    edited September 2020
     These guys have finally made it to my store I go to. King Sue later. All they had, but any others I should keep my eye out for, or try and request?
    ^I’m not that dialed into their offerings, but Pseudo and King Sue are solid. I think they do a couple good BBA stouts that are annual limited releases. I’m not too well versed to give any other suggestions though. Enjoy!
     These guys have finally made it to my store I go to. King Sue later. All they had, but any others I should keep my eye out for, or try and request?
    I've never been disappointed by anything from them. I still need to try the Dry Hop versions of what you got!
  • RK50065 said:
    I've never been disappointed by anything from them. I still need to try the Dry Hop versions of what you got!
    I really enjoyed this one. High hopes for King Sue later. Ill have to see if they have the Dry Hop version tomorrow. 

There are many....
    Sosus
    DDH Pseudo Sue
    DDH Pseudo Sue Galaxy
    DDH Pseudo Sue Mosaic
    Nugmo
    Hopsmack
    Fire, Skulls, Money
    Sun Reaper
    Intergalactic  Warrior
    Scorpius Morchella
    Sumo Sue
    Twisted Galaxy

•  These guys have finally made it to my store I go to. King Sue later. All they had, but any others I should keep my eye out for, or try and request?

There are many....
    Sosus
    DDH Pseudo Sue
    DDH Pseudo Sue Galaxy
    DDH Pseudo Sue Mosaic
    Nugmo
    Hopsmack
    Fire, Skulls, Money
    Sun Reaper
    Intergalactic  Warrior
    Scorpius Morchella
    Sumo Sue
    Twisted Galaxy

Damn, that's a laundry list that I am game to tackle. My buddy is the manager, so maybe he will be able to get a few next shipment.

Have a top 3 from that list?
    Toppling Goliath is the shit.

There are many....
    Sosus
    DDH Pseudo Sue
    DDH Pseudo Sue Galaxy
    DDH Pseudo Sue Mosaic
    Nugmo
    Hopsmack
    Fire, Skulls, Money
    Sun Reaper
    Intergalactic  Warrior
    Scorpius Morchella
    Sumo Sue
    Twisted Galaxy

Damn, that's a laundry list that I am game to tackle. My buddy is the manager, so maybe he will be able to get a few next shipment.

Hard to come up with a top 3. They are released seasonally so best thing is to have them as fresh as possible. Just had some Sosus 6 days after canning and it was delicious 
  • Something a little different to kick start the day. 
    edited September 2020

There are many....
    Sosus
    DDH Pseudo Sue
    DDH Pseudo Sue Galaxy
    DDH Pseudo Sue Mosaic
    Nugmo
    Hopsmack
    Fire, Skulls, Money
    Sun Reaper
    Intergalactic  Warrior
    Scorpius Morchella
    Sumo Sue
    Twisted Galaxy

Hard to come up with a top 3. They are released seasonally so best thing is to have them as fresh as possible. Just had some Sosus 6 days after canning and it was delicious 
    Gave him this list. Hopefully will be able to cross one or two off next weekend.
    Something a little different to kick start the day. 
    I like this just for the can. Any beer with a guitar on it can make its way into my fridge. 
  • bbiggs said:
    Something a little different to kick start the day. 
    I like this just for the can. Any beer with a guitar on it can make its way into my fridge. 
    Its actually not awful either.

Noticeable smell of weed upon opening. Lacking a strong flavor, but a solid choice for something light between stronger beers.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    “cheap fun” :lol:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Boat beers just hit different.  Also- highly recommend the Brumate koozie....keeps beers cold forever and also adapts into a 16 oz glass to drink out of.  A little pricey but worth it.

• Boat beers just hit different.  Also- highly recommend the Brumate koozie....keeps beers cold forever and also adapts into a 16 oz glass to drink out of.  A little pricey but worth it.

I second that recommendation. Got one beginning of summer, and definitely works well.