Options

10 Club Members at Dublin

London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
One member to the rest...

Can I ask what the experience was like with picking up tickets??

Were there two queues??

And did it make a huge difference in getting right to the front being allowed in 15mins early?

(Im 10Club for Barca and marseilles and would love to get an idea so I can plan ahead...)

Even tho I have 10 club tickets is it still necessary to get there really early in order to get to the front easily?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    getting the tickets was a bit hard at first there was only 1 queue and at about 4 (or so) someone came out and told the 10c members to move to the front of the queue, where we were checked off a list given our pit bands and then brought to the box office to get our tickets and then quueue.

since it was Ireland i can't really say that it will be like that for every show (the irish are a bit shit at organising), i was surprised however that there was at first only 1 queue it wouldn't have been hard to make 2 of them (but i don't blame 10c for that i blame the point).

it made a huge difference to get in early i got second row (of standing people) in front of jeff and mike and had an amazing view of everything, if i hadn't been 10c i would have been almost impossible to get where i got.
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    rony wrote:
    getting the tickets was a bit hard at first there was only 1 queue and at about 4 (or so) someone came out and told the 10c members to move to the front of the queue, where we were checked off a list given our pit bands and then brought to the box office to get our tickets and then quueue.

since it was Ireland i can't really say that it will be like that for every show (the irish are a bit shit at organising), i was surprised however that there was at first only 1 queue it wouldn't have been hard to make 2 of them (but i don't blame 10c for that i blame the point).

it made a huge difference to get in early i got second row (of standing people) in front of jeff and mike and had an amazing view of everything, if i hadn't been 10c i would have been almost impossible to get where i got.

Thanks for that!

So did they say 15 mins before for all 10C member to get to the front and come in or by then did u have a seperate queue??
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    after we got our tickets we were put into a separate queue and let in at about 6:45,

i don't know how long it was before the rest of the people were let in though
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Was definitely better having the 10C, GA people were queuing (one of those words I cant spell) from 8 I think and we strolled up about 4.30ish and I ended up second row :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Thanks for the info guys...
    I'm going to Antwerpen next week, with 10c tickets...
    Does everyone has an idea on how many 10c tickets are sold per show ?
    How many rows were filld yesterday with 10c tickets ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    we didnt get in any earlyier my mate had no 10c ticket and he was in the other que he said the minute the 10c club line was in they let the rest of the GA crowd in
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    wolfman wrote:
    we didnt get in any earlyier my mate had no 10c ticket and he was in the other que he said the minute the 10c club line was in they let the rest of the GA crowd in

Probably cause we were so late getting in :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    BCbteBCbte Posts: 61
    I didn't have a 10c ticket, but got a wristband into the pit. I had a great view, and comfortable as well. A few of my mates made their way pretty close the stage for a song or two without much hassle. Obviously it helps to have 10c.

If you're ignorant enough, you could probably get pretty close without 10c. It was nice because we went to the bar for Paddy Casey and walked right into the pit with about a minute to spare before PJ came on. Easily the most enjoyable concert experience of my life.
    Put the garbage in the garbage can... I can't stress that enough.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Irish Al wrote:
    Was definitely better having the 10C, GA people were queuing (one of those words I cant spell) from 8 I think and we strolled up about 4.30ish and I ended up second row :D

YEP !! our little VIP pit is well worth your subs ! :D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    V V wrote:

I was so glad I got 10c tickets. I didn't mind queuing, because everyone I met from this board and from 10c was so nice! Then when we got in, we were just in one long line... twas fuckin' legend! Even the staff were nice, but we did have to tell them that the 10c existed, cos they never knew that we had to be let in earlier!!! But that was all sorted, so don't worry!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    I was really looking forward to meeting people from the board in the Temple Bar, unfortunatley, got delayed getting to Dublin and then had to make a bit of a mad scramble to get to the point and get tickets and get in early. So hopefully, at the next gig in Marseille i'll be able to meet up with a few of you crazy jammers. Thought the gig was tops though!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I think it worked well. Having said that, I got to the venue about 5 pm so there was already two queues established.
    Getting in early would have been a real advantage had I not queued for 20 minutes to get a tee-shirt :rolleyes: :D

So yes it was good for those who did get in early and went straight to the front.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles