Show me something funny! Post em here. Make me laugh!!!

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    tish said:

THAT economy is still going strong ....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

He must be confused w his grunge bands and surely he meant Nirvana...
    .... Eddie Vedder is the one famous for singing from behind his teeth and no one understanding the words/lyrics.

wasn't that the whole point of Adam Sandlers skit on SNL about it...

"Yarling is a singing style popularized in The Nineties, in particular in Grunge and Post-Grunge bands, 

/.../

It is characterised by a nasal baritone drone, with many of the words being slurred or unenunciated, thus making singers who choose this style prone to becoming The Unintelligible and their audience prone to Mondegreens. Although widely popular when first popularized by Eddie Vedder (and, to an extent, Layne Staley), this type of singing is controversial among music fans with many claiming it to have killed previous, 'powerful' styles of singing."

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yarling

(Not that one would have to explain a joke, but whatever - now I did)

Only time I can question when we didn't understand Vedder was when he started ad libbing YLB, lol.

I never knew this was even a thing?  PJ as a mumble?  Never heard of it.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    A bloody nose in the U.S. is different than a bloody nose in England
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    A bloody nose in the U.S. is different than a bloody nose in England
    No shit!

When I was in London, I quickly learned that the accident my taxi was in should not be described as my having been rear-ended :lol:
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Watch this to the end.

:lol:
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    GlowGirl said:
    Watch this to the end.

TY I watched this 5 times in a row, still laughing!!!

The one cat that bounced off the chair has me rolling!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    The guy in charge of accounting for the U.S. Army is named General Ledger!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    GlowGirl said:

Bonus points for anyone who can pronounce it!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Saw this on FB today:

A horse walks into a bar and orders a pint. The barkeep say, "You're in here pretty often. Do you think you might be an alcoholic?"
    The horse replies, "I don't think I am," and vanishes from existence.

See, the joke is about Descartes' famous philosophy of "I think , therefore I am", but to explain that part before the rest of the joke would be putting Descartes before the horse.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

:rofl:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    brianlux said:
    Saw this on FB today:

A horse walks into a bar and orders a pint. The barkeep say, "You're in here pretty often. Do you think you might be an alcoholic?"
    The horse replies, "I don't think I am," and vanishes from existence.

See, the joke is about Descartes' famous philosophy of "I think , therefore I am", but to explain that part before the rest of the joke would be putting Descartes before the horse.

Good one 😀
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Easy. We both happen to be Polish. :smiley:
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    A rooster?  If so, that is one rather large and strange-looking cock.
    hedonist said:
    A rooster?  If so, that is one rather large and strange-looking cock.
     I know. I thought it looked more like a vulture.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Y'all gals know your cock!

:chicken:
    Hobbes said:
    Y'all gals know your cock!

:chicken:
    We sure (a-doodle) do =)
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mickeyrat said:

This is funny but dude is stopped at a light.
    mickeyrat said:

lights on the cops light bar are lit....

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

lights on the cops light bar are lit....
    Doesn't look like it is but still makes for a funny meme.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Love it @cutz