Options

Pearl Jam In Atlanta?

Six String SpinSix String Spin Posts: 6
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam is probably my third favorite band of all time and I love the old stuff and I realy like the new album also. I noticed on the tour list that they are not coming to Atlanta and haven't come to Atlanta on this tour yet, from the dates listed. I realize they are very busy and must stop at lots of cities worldwide. Does anyone know when they will be coming to Atlanta? Or will I have to travel out of state to see Pearl Jam?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pearl Jam is probably my third favorite band of all time and I love the old stuff and I realy like the new album also. I noticed on the tour list that they are not coming to Atlanta and haven't come to Atlanta on this tour yet, from the dates listed. I realize they are very busy and must stop at lots of cities worldwide. Does anyone know when they will be coming to Atlanta? Or will I have to travel out of state to see Pearl Jam?

unless you can make it to Washington State this weekend, you'll actually have to travel out of the country. they are playing in Europe and Australia for the rest of the tour.

there are weak rumors going around that they may play the south, but nothing concrete. they are touring overseas until December though, so i wouldn't count on anything until next spring.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    where has this guy been sleeping? check out the play the south petition on this board with 15,000 posts for playing the South, I know I have posted at least 800
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    What are the two other bands you like better then PJ?
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    mca47 wrote:
    What are the two other bands you like better then PJ?
    hank williams jr. and lynard skynard
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    teskeinc wrote:
    hank williams jr. and lynard skynard

Hey look at this guy! Aren't you funny? No I don't listen to hank williams jr. and lyrnared skynard... I hate southern rock and country music. What's your problem? Not everybody from the south listens to the same type of music. Not everyone form the south is a redneck either. I live in Atlanta... It's a lot different... I don't have a "southern draw". You shouldn't put down somebody for were they live. I can't help were I was born okay? I don't care if your joking cause I get that crap form other people all the time so it gets old.

Anyways my other two favorite band are Nirvana and Alice In Chains and Soundgarden is a right after Pearl Jam in my heart... I know it's stupid to say Nirvana is your favorite band, but I can't help what I like. My taste in music may not be up to others standards. But that's why there mine.

I'm gonna try to make it to Lollapalooza to see Pearl Jam, because I've always wanted to go but never could, but now that PJ is playing there's no more excuses left.
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    if your new dont mind the people ripping you and all that! right now we are all holding out hope for a new pj US tour for this year in the late summer/fall area but as of right now it just looks like for the US they are playing only 1 show. there are tons of rumors and thoughts on why pj hasnt played the south on this tour the only one i honestly believe is that they didnt sell as well down there both on cd and in concert (im not sure how true this is but seems like the most sensible reason). hopefully this answered some of your ?'s

and if you can make it to chicago then i say go for it! seeing pj live is an amazing expierence!
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    hey man, chill out.

Im from the south, if you consider florida "the south."

You can't help where you were born? C'mon...be proud to be a native southerner. PJ may be my fave band, but there's nothin wrong with some good George Strait or Alan jackon!

Besides, when the "northerners" are up there freezin thier asses off, we're wearing shorts and sandals.

GO BRAVES!
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    BMoore09 wrote:
    hey man, chill out.

Im from the south, if you consider florida "the south."

You can't help where you were born? Be proud to be a native southerner. PJ may be my fave band, but there's nothin wrong with some good George Strait or Alan jackon!

Besides, when the "northerners" are up there freezin thier asses off, we're wearing shorts and sandals.

GO BRAVES!

im in the north and its like 70 something here but nice try :D
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    homeratbat wrote:
    im in the north and its like 70 something here but nice try :D

Not in February. :-)
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008