Schecter pt/special or Telecaster

Looking for advice guys. Schecter pt or schecter special/fastback, Or fender telecaster.  Any ideas!!! 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops

Comments

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Telecaster, just based on face value. I don't own any of them (I have a couple of Jagstangs and a Les Paul).
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    I'm kinda leaning towards a tele.  They are just a beautiful guitar.  Off to waltons for me soon. They have a few Schecters too.  

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i have never played a schecter. back in the mid 90s i think ed used to play a black tele style that was made by schecter that he donated or gave away. it has been so long i do not remember. good luck in your search!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited August 2020
    Some Schecter guitars are downright incredible. Their custom shop is world class. There used to be a local shop that carried their California made guitars and man, they are pro-level through and through. 

Much like Fender though, they make lower priced, import models.

Both companies make really nice guitars but they both also make some that are meh. 

Just be sure to compare apples and apples. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    I've seen a second hand fender ge smith telecaster.  It's a beauty.  Gonna have a look. 

• I have a fender custom shop telecaster, Nash T63, and a mid 80’s Schecter PT (fender shaped headstock).  I prefer the feel and sound of the Schecter PT.  It has dual HB with coil splits.  Very versatile, very comfortable, absolutely love the neck.  I might be wrong, but I think it has a Gibson scale length.  All three have held their resale value, and the Schecter has actually increased from what I paid for it. I’m not sure how much a newer Schecter or one made overseas will hold value, but if the newer ones feel like the older ones, I’d definitely try one out before getting a fender.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Anyone play a Schecter Reaper guitar?  Looks and sounds pretty cool.   
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Whichever feels better to you! I went with a G&L ASAT because G&L necks >>>>> Fender necks IMO
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas