Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    :)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Just pre-ordered it. Should be cool. I contend the DTE video is the single greatest thing the band has ever put out. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Just pre-ordered it. Should be cool. I contend the DTE video is the single greatest thing the band has ever put out. 
    DTE video is amazing....waiting for an HD version to come out. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    demetrios said: So you can reach out directly to me at my animation studio e-dress and give me your orders now or before Oct. 1, so I'll know how many books to order and how to prep them. 

epochinkanimation@gmail.com

I've already contacted him to find out if he's shipping to the UK.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Hi folks. Here's an update on the Special Editions of the book that I'll be offering. I'm touched and a bit overwhelmed by the response from the Group on this. Thanks you all!
    I am offering these editions as a thank you for all the wonderful support from this Group and elsewhere for this book. It's my first published book, so you can imagine how exciting it is for me to finally see this actually getting out there this Fall. And it's been a terrific experience getting introduced to the Pearl Jam community and you all. And the art and story of making the video is so unique and compelling, I felt that it deserved a wider audience.
    But at this point, I'm going have to initially limit the Special Edition to the first 100 inquirers/purchasers. As some of you know, my primary occupation is in the animation field as a writer, producer, director, artist so the book is a sideline for me. And I'm also in the middle of production on different animation properties and in heavy development of a large slate to pitch this Fall. So, I have to put a 100 book limit on the Special Edition offers for the time being.
    Finally, I may or may not be able to offer the book to buyers outside of the U.S. due to issues around the global pandemic. Going into a post office and waiting in line and filling out custom forms and having the packages weighed in for the cost of shipping to each individual country is simply a risk that I can't take for myself or my family at this time. I am looking into alternatives to going that route and will let you know if I can work something out.
    Thanks again everyone for all of your love, support and PATIENCE.

T

The response from the Group on the book's special offers has been fantastic and a bit overwhelming. We're at about 70 orders to date, so there's still 30 more to go before we hit the 100 order cut-off window.
    Thank you all for the orders and especially all of the kind messages and encouragement.
    If anyone wants to order the Special Editions I'm offering here's the basic info. Please read it thoroughly, thanks.
    1. Look at the options below and pick the specific one you want.
    2. Include your full mailing address.
    3. Send your request directly to me at my animation studio e-dress. epochinkanimation@gmail.com Please don't message me on FB.
    4. Due to the Virus, which is not under control in the states, I will be UNABLE to take any foreign orders for now as I am avoiding going inside public spaces like the Post Office and the extra postage costs and paperwork for foreign orders would require multiple trips to the P.O. which I am not able to make at this time. Sorry.
    5. In early October, I will announce on this page when and where to send your money for the books on Paypal.
    6. If you don't get a confirmation from be about your order info within a few days, let me know here on this site.
    I think that's it. Again, THANK YOU ALL, for your interest and kind words. Pearl Jam fans are the best!

SPECIAL EDITIONS BEING OFFERED—
    The book retails from IDW for $40 plus shipping and handling. Here's the breakdown of what I can offer for the books and for what price.
    SPECIAL EDITON 1
    A signed copy of the book
    $50 plus $10 shipping/handling
    SPECIAL EDITON 2
    The book and a cell bookmark made from the original filmstrip, $55 plus $10 shipping
    SPECIAL EDITION 3
    The book and a sketch by me
    $55 plus $10 shipping
    SPECIAL EDITON 4
    A signed copy of the book , bookmark
    $60 plus $10 shipping/handling
    SPECIAL EDITON 5
    A signed copy of the book and sketch
    $60 plus $10 shipping/handling
    SPECIAL EDITON 6
    A signed copy of the book, bookmark, sketch
    $70 plus $10 shipping/handling

Happy Monday all. To celebrant the impending release of the book and to thank the group here for all of their support and patience, I'm going to host a contest for a couple of the top winners to get a free, signed book and the original art from one of the video's production model sheets. Stay frosty, I'll announce it at week's end. (the art below are the storyboard frames from a deleted scene.)

edited September 2020
    demetrios said:

CONTEST!

Hi all, so these are the parameters of the contest for a free signed book and original development art from the making of the video. It's a two week long contest. Post your answers on this thread. The first three to get the answer right will get the prizes in Oct. 

As some of you might be aware of, I picked two overseas animation studios based in Seoul Korea to take our extensive storyboard and design packages and do all of the final production layout, animation, ink and paint and camera for the video. 

It's a lot of work do in a month so I picked the two studios in Seoul that I had been working with extensively for the previous three years—Sun Min Image Pictures and Jireh Animation. And then I essentially split the video into two halves and handed off each half to the dedicated studio.  

So the question is... Where did the split occur between the two different studios/teams? Using the Do the Evolution video on this Facebook link,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

and pick the exact moment in the time code at the bottom of the video image to that you think made the break between the two .studios. 

Extra swag if you guess correctly which studio did each half.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463/permalink/1003297613566657/

I'm officially closing down the contest for free signed books tomorrow. And will be announcing the winners on Monday. So get your guestimates in, folks.

• Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    I received two DTE surprises this week! 

One email from my original purchase, 

and one Amazing Original Frame Job of my Original Cel and Sketches!!!

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

The Contest is over. I'll announce the winner/winners tomorrow. In the meantime here's this cool Spanish language ad for the book.
    "LIBROS A PEDIDO!" VIVA!

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:

Friend of mine won a copy. :)
    ^ Great! :smiley:
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I wonder if there will be a limited edition run signed by some of the artists that made the video?

The book has been printed and is at the distributor's warehouse, but apparently not yet at the publisher's (IDW) offices in San Diego so I have actually gotten my hands on the printed copy yet. Hopefully in a few days or next week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463/permalink/1019006138662471/

Alright! Just spoke with the main man at the publisher (IDW) and he informed that 35 copies of the book were mailed to me yesterday so within a week or less (I hope!) I'll actually, finally, have a hard copy in my hands. You all will be the first to know when it's finally here. Best, Joe 

As a teaser, here's the storyboard (by director, Kevin Altieri) of one of the cut scenes from the video.

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    No estimated delivery date on Amazon UK. Hopefully won't be too long after it hits the shelves in the US. I guess there'll be a bit of a delay though.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022

• Joe Pearson

So, I have to put a 100 book limit on the Special Edition offers for the time being.

Haha...the ways this guy has been "finding" more and more DTE stuff to sell makes me thing the 100 will easily become 1000 as time goes on.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144

Joe Pearson

So, I have to put a 100 book limit on the Special Edition offers for the time being.

Haha...the ways this guy has been "finding" more and more DTE stuff to sell makes me thing the 100 will easily become 1000 as time goes on.
    It can because he can ask for more. But I think he said the initial run will be something like 3000 or less
    I miss igotid88
    This is wonderful news. The crypto fascist in the White House and his corrupt party are doing everything they can to cut the vote down because they know if the American people speak out they will have their asses thrown out of the White House. Kudos to Eddie and the band for recognizing this and working hard to encourage every American to exercise their constitutional right to vote. Whether it’s by mail or in person every American has the right to vote

• demetrios said:

every American has the right to vote

Isn't this factually untrue.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    demetrios said:

Yep. People under 18 and felons in some states
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • demetrios said:

Sure...especially since their are North, Central, and South Americans...but now I'm just being a turd.
    Available in 10 days!