America's Gun Violence

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2020
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    the guy the guy that got killed in Austin also was a veteran...🙁 I feel very sorry for his fiancé.
    Shitty situation all around. The guy who killed him allegedly  in self defense , is also a sergeant in the army. 
    Looks like the driver was an out of towner that was coming to Austin looking to start something with the protesters.  Definitely a bad situation all around.  Garret apparently never even took the safety off on his rifle. In this case a lot of people are making the point that him having the rifle was enough of a threat to justify the shooting....it’s crazy and fucked up. Especially when if you so much as look at those Michigan “protesters” from a few months ago with their rifles screaming at cops you get the whole 2A don’t tread on me speech.  I’m really at the point that I think a civil war is a very likely near term situation.  
    Where did you get the information that the driver was an out-of-towner looking for trouble?  The most I have heard is just that he is a soldier from Ft. Hood that is also an Uber driver that had just dropped someone off, claiming that Garret pointed the firearm at him as his car was being attacked.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    the guy the guy that got killed in Austin also was a veteran...🙁 I feel very sorry for his fiancé.
    Shitty situation all around. The guy who killed him allegedly  in self defense , is also a sergeant in the army. 
    Looks like the driver was an out of towner that was coming to Austin looking to start something with the protesters.  Definitely a bad situation all around.  Garret apparently never even took the safety off on his rifle. In this case a lot of people are making the point that him having the rifle was enough of a threat to justify the shooting....it’s crazy and fucked up. Especially when if you so much as look at those Michigan “protesters” from a few months ago with their rifles screaming at cops you get the whole 2A don’t tread on me speech.  I’m really at the point that I think a civil war is a very likely near term situation.  
    Where did you get the information that the driver was looking for trouble?  The most I gave heard is just that he is a soldier from Ft. Hood that is also an Uber driver that had just dropped someone off, claiming that Garret pointed the firearm at him as his car was being attacked.
    Wow. Really? Wouldn’t it be great if we can get one fucking news story without a political narrative? You have Shaun King writing a whole thing on Facebook stating he was unarmed. Has he ever amended his irresponsible post? Or is it on to the next thing? 
    edited August 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Where did you get the information that the driver was looking for trouble?  The most I gave heard is just that he is a soldier from Ft. Hood that is also an Uber driver that had just dropped someone off, claiming that Garret pointed the firearm at him as his car was being attacked.
    Wow. Really? Wouldn’t it be great if we can get one fucking news story without a political narrative? You have Shaun King writing a whole thing on Facebook stating he was unarmed. Has he ever amended his irresponsible post? Or is it on to the next thing? 
    I saw the Shaun King thing the other day.  Shaun King is a nitwit and an instigator, nothing more.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    I saw the Shaun King thing the other day.  Shaun King is a nitwit and an instigator, nothing more.
    It’s unfortunate. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Add going to a cigar shop to the long list of places you might be shot by a "responsible" gun owner.

When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

The case is the latest violent incident tied to arguments over mandatory mask orders. But Zaborowski’s reaction was driven by his own intense difficulty with the pandemic, his attorney claimed; before the shootout, Zaborowski had lost his job and had also recently lost custody of his child.

“He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

In recent weeks, police say arguments over masks have led to the vicious beating of Trader Joe’s employees in New York, the fatal shooting of a Family Dollar store security guard in Michigan, and the shooting of a McDonald’s worker in Oklahoma. That violence adds more challenges for retail stores and restaurants where workers are left to dictate mask rules that authorities often haven’t given police the option to enforce.

Zaborowski’s alleged rampage started Friday morning at Cigars International in Bethlehem Township, where he adamantly argued he didn’t have to wear a mask, even after a clerk offered to serve him curbside.

Instead, Zaborowski pulled out a sheet of paper to point out a line in Pennsylvania state law that he insisted proved he didn’t have to wear a mask, a witness to the scene told WFMZ. In fact, Pennsylvania, which has had more than 113,000 cases of covid-19 and more than 7,200 deaths, made masks mandatory in most locations outside of the home starting July 1.

“It’s crazy,” said Tom Gallagher, who was shopping in the store at the time. “It’s the mask. The guy was obviously anti-mask.”

After Zaborowski walked out without paying for his cigars, police say he fired his gun once in the air and twice at a clerk who confronted him outside. Multiple customers were also sitting outside the shop in the direction he fired.

The next morning, police and state troopers were waiting to arrest Zaborowski outside his home in Slatington, Pa., when he hopped in a truck and drove off, police told the Express-Times. When they stopped him nearby, he jumped out of the vehicle and started firing at police with the AK-47 and a semiautomatic handgun.

“Both the Slatington Borough officer and troopers returned fire and struck Zaborowski,” State Trooper Nathan Branosky said in a news release.

Zaborowski was hit in the buttocks and leg, Waldron said, and is expected to recover.

“The fact that he got shot twice with non-life-threatening injures when he had an AK-47 and another handgun, Adam is very fortunate he ended up the way he did,” Waldron told the Express-Times.

He is now charged with 22 counts including attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery, the Express-Times reported, and is being held on $1 million bail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/03/mask-mandatory-pennsylvania-shooting-police/?hpid=hp_morning-mix-8-12-rr1_mm-zaborowski:homepage/story-ans

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Where did you get the information that the driver was an out-of-towner looking for trouble?  The most I have heard is just that he is a soldier from Ft. Hood that is also an Uber driver that had just dropped someone off, claiming that Garret pointed the firearm at him as his car was being attacked.
    Ft hood is 60 miles away.  Uber firearms policy is no firearms for passengers or drivers while using the app “ Firearms PolicyUber prohibits riders and their guests, as well as driver and delivery partners, from carrying firearms of any kind while using the app, to the extent permitted by applicable law. ... That means your firearm must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container in the trunk of the vehicle.” So he dropped off his fare got his gun out of his trunk and loaded it got back in his car and drove through a group of protestors during a time in America where tensions are high around racial issues by coincidence? Not buying that lawyer story.  I’m sure there is a middle ground there somewhere, but I’m not giving up any ground to someone that was using a tactic that has been popular with white Supremacists trying To put down civil rights protestors.  And so far there has been no other witnesses backing up his claim that any gun was pointed at him.  I’m worried about what will happen if they win the argument by saying the mere presence of a gun is life threatening. Welcome to the OK corral
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Yeah he’s the worst. And come on, Weird Al, I expect freaking Pearl Jam to follow him, but you too? Well to each their own I guess. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

From the Austin American statesman on the driver “On June 19, President Donald Trump tweeted that "any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!"

Screen grabs taken earlier of Perry's tweets show him responding, "Send them to Texas we will show them why we say don't mess with Texas."

Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Ft hood is 60 miles away.  Uber firearms policy is no firearms for passengers or drivers while using the app “ Firearms PolicyUber prohibits riders and their guests, as well as driver and delivery partners, from carrying firearms of any kind while using the app, to the extent permitted by applicable law. ... That means your firearm must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container in the trunk of the vehicle.” So he dropped off his fare got his gun out of his trunk and loaded it got back in his car and drove through a group of protestors during a time in America where tensions are high around racial issues by coincidence? Not buying that lawyer story.  I’m sure there is a middle ground there somewhere, but I’m not giving up any ground to someone that was using a tactic that has been popular with white Supremacists trying To put down civil rights protestors.  And so far there has been no other witnesses backing up his claim that any gun was pointed at him.  I’m worried about what will happen if they win the argument by saying the mere presence of a gun is life threatening. Welcome to the OK corral
    I don’t think they will get much steam on saying that the “mere presence of a gun” is life threatening.  I would think that they would gave to present proof that the gun was pointed at him or that he was being threatened by it.  TX is pretty lenient with people carrying firearms, so the “mere presence is threatening” argument won’t go far.
    Not sure I buy the other protesters’ account either.  It’s all word against word without any great evidence.  Surely someone else out there caught a better video angle than what has been presented so far...hopefully...
    edited August 2020
    static111 said:

From the Austin American statesman on the driver “On June 19, President Donald Trump tweeted that "any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!"

Screen grabs taken earlier of Perry's tweets show him responding, "Send them to Texas we will show them why we say don't mess with Texas."

You think this statement will be used to try and prove premeditation?  I could see that effort being made, but I think the prosecutor would need a more specific threat.
    And here is the most recent info I could find for those interested:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/us/garrett-foster-killing-austin-protest/index.html
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:

You think this statement will be used to try and prove premeditation?  I could see that effort being made, but I think the prosecutor would need a more specific threat.
    And here is the most recent info I could find for those interested:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/us/garrett-foster-killing-austin-protest/index.html
    Definitely gonna be one to watch. 
    Scio me nihil scire

Scio me nihil scire

Scio me nihil scire

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    static111 said:
    Not really.  You are essentially carrying a bomb in your hands.  There is a reason that the military doesn't use these anymore.

Cool to have but not practical.
    Scio me nihil scire

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    In his ass and leg. I thought standard police response to an armed threat, one who already had shot at people and should have been considered “armed and dangerous,” was to shoot at body mass? I guess unless you’re white?

Brilliantati©
    yeah I thought about placing it in that thread.  Odd that white privledge and gun violence do go hand in hand a lot.   Has anyone posted the crazy old racist lady resisting arrest in Florida without getting a knee on her neck in the White Privledge thread yet?
    Scio me nihil scire

mace1229 said:
    Ha, exactly!  Maybe the officers said “well, he’s white, so let’s try to just shoot him in the ass and leg”...or more likely the fella is lucky that he didn’t get hit somewhere more severe in the gunfight.  Not to mention, your chance of bleeding out and dying is still pretty high if you are shot in the leg.  Most likely it was just where the hail of gunfire managed to connect (either due to cover or positioning).  
    Would love to see the body cam footage, if it exists so maybe it could be compared to those police tactics where unarmed black people are shot to death?

Brilliantati©
    Does anyone here really believe that if the perp in the PA cigar store were Black, shot at someone and then opened fire on the police with two firearms, their attorney would be saying how fortunate they are to have only been shot in the ass and leg? You guys really believe that? Where have you been for the past 20 years (at least)?

Yea, ha, ha.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    In his ass and leg. I thought standard police response to an armed threat, one who already had shot at people and should have been considered “armed and dangerous,” was to shoot at body mass? I guess unless you’re white?
    So you are proposing that, while under fire, multiple police officers shot many times and intentionally hit him only twice. Once in the keg and once in the butt. And completely missing with every other shot?

Seems more more logical to me that while under fire the police were probably weren’t taking careful aim at the butt and keg and just more concerned about returning fire. And he’s lucky to only have been hit twice. That seems more logical to me. But you can stick with your sniper leg with a handgun while under fire from an AK-47 theory.
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    So you are proposing that, while under fire, multiple police officers shot many times and intentionally hit him only twice. Once in the keg and once in the butt. And completely missing with every other shot?

Seems more more logical to me that while under fire the police were probably weren’t taking careful aim at the butt and keg and just more concerned about returning fire. And he’s lucky to only have been hit twice. That seems more logical to me. But you can stick with your sniper leg with a handgun while under fire from an AK-47 theory.
    I’m positing that they exhibited great restraint and didn’t shoot to kill like they probably would have had the “responsible “ gun owner been black. You can stick with your minimization of how armed and unarmed white and black “perpetrators” are treated by law enforcement in ‘Murica.

Brilliantati©
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ha, exactly!  Maybe the officers said “well, he’s white, so let’s try to just shoot him in the ass and leg”...or more likely the fella is lucky that he didn’t get hit somewhere more severe in the gunfight.  Not to mention, your chance of bleeding out and dying is still pretty high if you are shot in the leg.  Most likely it was just where the hail of gunfire managed to connect (either due to cover or positioning).  
    Most people survive shootings. The number of people who are injured by guns is much larger than those killed by guns. That’s why every weekend when you hear about Chicago it’s like 65 shooting victims and 12 deaths. 
    But for some reason when it’s a white guy shot by police logic doesn’t matter. The police must have gotten together, under fire, and came up with a strategy to only injure the guy wielding an assault rifle, putting their own lives on the line to do so. It doesn’t matter he’s unloading an assault rifle on us, lets just get one good leg shot in and then miss a bunch so it’s not obvious. Yeah, that makes sense.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Yeah. Police departments teach their officers to dodge bullets while determining race, then return fire following the "target area by race" guidelines.
    JW269453 said:
    Yeah. Police departments teach their officers to dodge bullets while determining race, then return fire following the "target area by race" guidelines.
    His race was widely known. His shootout with the police was the following day near his house while they waited for him to come home.

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I’m positing that they exhibited great restraint and didn’t shoot to kill like they probably would have had the “responsible “ gun owner been black. You can stick with your minimization of how armed and unarmed white and black “perpetrators” are treated by law enforcement in ‘Murica.
    So my assumption was accurate. You believe, while under fire from an assault rifle, they intentionally shot at his leg because he was white. No way I buy that. Doesn’t matter what color the guy is. 
This discussion has been closed.