The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Beer, beer, beer, beer, beer...

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617

Its no surprise that the best two breweries (in my opinion) of 2020 collaborated for the best beer so far of 2020

Channel Charge - a collaboration from Trillium x Vitamin Sea
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

Its no surprise that the best two breweries (in my opinion) of 2020 collaborated for the best beer so far of 2020

Wow. The coloring of that beer looks great. I’m 0 for 2 on those breweries but Tree House and Trillium top my list of breweries I want to try. 
    Speaking of good breweries, we’ve been getting Equilibrium at my local spot and their beer is fantastic. That said, it’s pretty damn pricey. They’re selling it for $24 a 4 pack. When I compare it to my other local go-to breweries it’s hard to justify the price difference. What do Tree House and Trillium cost on average (retail pricing)? 
    bbiggs said:
    Speaking of good breweries, we’ve been getting Equilibrium at my local spot and their beer is fantastic. That said, it’s pretty damn pricey. They’re selling it for $24 a 4 pack. When I compare it to my other local go-to breweries it’s hard to justify the price difference. What do Tree House and Trillium cost on average (retail pricing)? 
    That is a little marked up for Equilibrium, but for all of the limited/special Trillium beers, theyre charging 22.20 a 4-pack straight pickup from brewery, so its not that far off.  
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    bbiggs said:

Wow. The coloring of that beer looks great. I’m 0 for 2 on those breweries but Tree House and Trillium top my list of breweries I want to try. 
    I've always been a TreeHouse fan boy, but Trillium has blown them out of the water as far as 2020 is concerned.  The collabs and special releases have been incredible.  Even Vitamin Sea has had a better year for me than TreeHouse to be honest.  

TreeHouse also has me a lot less interested since its August 1st and theyre still requiring a minimum of a 1 case purchase online.  I respect that theyre trying to be safe, but every other brewery has found a way to not require a 1 case minimum, seems like a slightly greedy play to be honest.  
    bbiggs said:
    That is a little marked up for Equilibrium, but for all of the limited/special Trillium beers, theyre charging 22.20 a 4-pack straight pickup from brewery, so its not that far off.  
    Good info. Thanks. At least I won’t feel like I’m getting ripped off if I venture out of my usual lane and pick some up on occasion. I do think their beer is outstanding, from what I’ve tried. 
    bbiggs said:

I've always been a TreeHouse fan boy, but Trillium has blown them out of the water as far as 2020 is concerned.  The collabs and special releases have been incredible.  Even Vitamin Sea has had a better year for me than TreeHouse to be honest.  

TreeHouse also has me a lot less interested since its August 1st and theyre still requiring a minimum of a 1 case purchase online.  I respect that theyre trying to be safe, but every other brewery has found a way to not require a 1 case minimum, seems like a slightly greedy play to be honest.  
    So they’re requiring a minimum 1 case purchase for pickup at the brewery? If so, I agree that it seems like an odd play.  I can get curbside for any amount I’d like straight from the brewery from most of my local go-tos. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    All I Want for Christmas is Beer - 990WBOB
    The Beer Thread  Page 87  IH8MUD Forum

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Just packing the cooler for a socially distanced Saturday for all of.....me....and maybe the wife.

This was surprisingly good

Cheers everyone!  Looks like a nicely packed cooler and some great beers above.  Enjoy. 

I always enjoy a Citra heavy IPA. 

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Some of this weekend's options....

Another solid Riverlands offering. Unique hop combo with El Dorado, Simcoe and Idaho 7. 

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    I always enjoy a Citra heavy IPA. 

I absolutely loved this one.  I think it's my favorite hazy from P3 so far.  All of their IPAs are solid but I feel like none of them have really stood out much yet until this one.  Also- their stouts are incredible.  Haven't had any BA from them yet but I've had most of the Curvature series and those have all been really good.
    What’s waiting for me Post call next weekend...

Excellent
    Milk of the Murder Hornet 062420 Galaxy - Hubbards Cave - Untappd

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    My favourite red irish!!

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Celebrating National IPA day in style.
    Canned, packaged, delivered, and drank today...

Well, that's impressive.
    Do you live next door?

Malroth said:

Well, that's impressive.
    Do you live next door?
    Nope
    They did a "delivered fresh" promotion

I LOVE the glass!!

I LOVE the glass!!
    Surprisingly it came in a Jim Beam gift set.
    Not a KC fan but love theater can glass"
    I feel like I just struck gold.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    This is a lot of Daisy Cutter in a small space. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Heading to New Hampshire tomorrow with the fam.  Any Nh, vermont or Maine breweries that I should look for at my local liquor store?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Heading to New Hampshire tomorrow with the fam.  Any Nh, vermont or Maine breweries that I should look for at my local liquor store?  
    Maine Beer Co.?  Solid beer I’m told. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Maine Beer Co.?  Solid beer I’m told. 
    I ve had them a few times and they are awesome. I ve also had allagash white.  I can’t recall anything from New Hampshire.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......