The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Kona Brewing! First had their beer on my honeymoon in HI in 2009.  Have been a fan ever since.  I like their Big Wave ale. Nice easy drinker. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2020
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Kona Brewing! First had their beer on my honeymoon in HI in 2009.  Have been a fan ever since.  I like their Big Wave ale. Nice easy drinker. 
    Kona makes some good ones. So does Maui Brewing Company if you ever come across any. They have a limited distribution footprint, but they can be found.

Hit this one last night for a change of pace.

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    MegaDank - Heathen Brewing - Untappd
    Image with no description

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Malroth said:

How was the Spicy Pickle?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    I also had Kona for the first time in Hawaii.  Back in January, 2011 I was at Waimea Bay and it was breaking 15-20.   Rumor had it the Eddie might actually go off.  We pulled into a local bar and I had a few pints of the Big Wave (very fitting).
    Hopefully I am heading back to hawaii in two years for our ten year anniversary.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Probably the best brewery in my hood - hell, maybe best brewery in the city & state....now delivers to my door. This is the best Friday ever.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Other Half with a random drop of beers in the Chicago area...that was a very nice surprise.  Really quality brews from them.

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I also had Kona for the first time in Hawaii.  Back in January, 2011 I was at Waimea Bay and it was breaking 15-20.   Rumor had it the Eddie might actually go off.  We pulled into a local bar and I had a few pints of the Big Wave (very fitting).
    Hopefully I am heading back to hawaii in two years for our ten year anniversary.
    Awesome.  Can't wait to get back someday as well.

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    No pie (and it's just a Utah thing?).
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Malroth said:

How was the Spicy Pickle?

OK. Vinegary is what came to mind. Better than sour beer.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Some of this weekends options.....

I am all about Maplewood and Half Acre right now 

^ Thats a good lane to be in. Must be enjoying some good beer. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,706
    just got this, gonna try some a little later tonight.

Victory Kickback Variety 1512oz can - Beverages2u

Tried the Sour Monkey last night. I didn't mind it at first but the more I drank it the more i didn't really care for it. Kinda tasted like a red bull but with 9.5% alcohol in it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Cheers from tropical Chicagoland. 

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    bbiggs said:

Had one of those over the weekend....very good.  I think you said you live out in the western burbs....have you checked out their location yet?  It's a far drive for me but may check it out one of these days.  But for now my local bottle shop gets their stuff on the regular which has been a great addition.
    bbiggs said:

Had one of those over the weekend....very good.  I think you said you live out in the western burbs....have you checked out their location yet?  It's a far drive for me but may check it out one of these days.  But for now my local bottle shop gets their stuff on the regular which has been a great addition.
    Agreed it was very good.  I do live in the western burbs and I have been to their location twice.  It's nice because it's off the path from the main strip of bars and restaurants in downtown St. Charles.  Nice taproom and patio.  It's a bit of a haul from where you're at, but not terrible and worth the trip sometime.  Like you though, I'm glad their distribution reach is growing and steady because they put out some awesome stuff.

Something different to kick start the night. For you baseball fans, this is brewed with blueberries from Jeff Francoeur's farm. 

Not bad, but back to IPAs after this....
    Something different to kick start the night. For you baseball fans, this is brewed with blueberries from Jeff Francoeur's farm. 

I hope it tastes better than Francoeur was at baseball. 😂  Enjoy bud. 
    bbiggs said:

It does, thankfully. I said the exact thing to my buddy who brought them over..

I always hated Frenchy. 
    bbiggs said:

I always hated Frenchy. 
    Same here. He was a douche. 
    Fuck yeah for Friday at 5pm!
    Are they out of STL? Looks tasty! 
    Sure are. Brewery is in a sketch area, but all their stuff is great (they do solid stouts also).
    @bbiggs biggest disappointment was I had family in Plainfield for a few years, would always run at Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve and never made it to Hop Butcher.
    ^ Awesome man. Bummer about HB if you were visiting Plainfield. I’m still holding STL tickets so whenever that show happens I’ll come down with some HB with your name on it. 🍻
    Sounds good! I'm the one that gave you some brewery recs, so we can trade show day. Whenever that is...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I have yet to find any Hop Butcher in Indiana. If anyone knows where they may distribute, let me know. 

@RK50065 - that Higher Learning looks fantastic! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I always hated Frenchy. 
    Same here. He was a douche. 
    Frenchy had one great season as a Royal!  And then he sucked again...