Bands Thoughts on the Seattle Violence

poisonpoison Posts: 53
Just curious has the band made any statements regarding the chaos in Seattle right now, the night after night constructed violence that local politicians are turning a blind eye to. It’s not rocket science to see what is really going on today, so it would be amazing if PJ would take It to the streets to say enough is enough already, the city is not accomplishing anything but Anarchy unless that’s what the boys are down with now. 

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    So if they don’t comment on it that automatically means they are “down with” it?
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    I would guess the band is not in support of the constructed violence being carried out by unnamed federal officers against citizens for the (as has been admitted by the administration) sole purpose of agitation for political purposes 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    I would hope they are disgusted by it.  Glad I visited during the 2018 shows
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    When has this band ever condoned violence? Why would they need to make a statement on it, and for that matter, what would a statement from a rock band do to help anyway?
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    hihobibo said:
    When has this band ever condoned violence? Why would they need to make a statement on it, and for that matter, what would a statement from a rock band do to help anyway?
    They make statements all the time.  They are long-term Seattle residents, worldly-known.  It would help immensely for them to come out against the insanity.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    I'm expecting some inspired songwriting to come out of this!  Jeff seems to be overflowing with ideas.  I'll bet the next album comes out a lot sooner than later.
  • poisonpoison Posts: 53
    I doubt they have the balls to say anything because they don’t want to cross the line and Jeopardize theIr left wings agenda.  It’s a sad world we live in when a city literally thinks it’s better to allow anarchy and demonize the men and women of Seattles police department. 

Seattle should be disgusted with themselves.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2020
    Yeah they come out against Republicans all the time, but rioters, looters, murders in their city....crickets.  They are afraid of the woke mob that will eat them up if they dare stand in the side of law and order.

Everyone with any stature on the region should be condeming it and calling for calm and usingbproper channels to pledge their grievances
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    RiotZact said:
    So if they don’t comment on it that automatically means they are “down with” it?
    That is done to the right constantly.
  • poisonpoison Posts: 53
    I guess I’m just disappointed that my band and this community on here aren’t more vocal about what is happening. 

My intent was not to make this a left VS right type a thread so I apologize if that’s the direction it’s taken. 

Can’t we all agree we are not happy with what is happening in some cities like Seattle? Can’t we all agree that it’s gone too far for too long and something needs to change?

Our band prides itself on not being afraid to speak their mind in tough situations. Now (more than ever) is the time we need to hear some courageous words of truth as opposed to doubling down on saying nothing and hope it goes away. 

Let’s address the elephant in the room. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    poison said:
    I guess I’m just disappointed that my band and this community on here aren’t more vocal about what is happening. 

My intent was not to make this a left VS right type a thread so I apologize if that’s the direction it’s taken. 

Can’t we all agree we are not happy with what is happening in some cities like Seattle? Can’t we all agree that it’s gone too far for too long and something needs to change?

Our band prides itself on not being afraid to speak their mind in tough situations. Now (more than ever) is the time we need to hear some courageous words of truth as opposed to doubling down on saying nothing and hope it goes away. 

Head on over to the “A Moving Train” section of the board. You’ll see a lot people that are fine with what’s going on in Seattle and Portland. In fact, the only problem many of them have is that Trump sent feds in. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    poison said:

Head on over to the “A Moving Train” section of the board. You’ll see a lot people that are fine with what’s going on in Seattle and Portland. In fact, the only problem many of them have is that Trump sent feds in. 
    There is plenty of people on AMT that think looting and vandalizing is ok?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited July 2020
    PJNB said:
    poison said:

Well nearly every time someone tries to condemn that shit, someone comes with some sort of defense. Either by minimizing it ("It's just one block in Portland and a few blocks in Seattle") or justifying it ("They're at battle with Trump's secret police") or spouting out narratives that fit their politics ("It's not Antitfa, it could be white supremacists"), or deflecting from it ("What's worse? Vandalism, or black people being killed in the streets by police?!")
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    poison said:
    I doubt they have the balls to say anything because they don’t want to cross the line and Jeopardize theIr left wings agenda.  It’s a sad world we live in when a city literally thinks it’s better to allow anarchy and demonize the men and women of Seattles police department. 

Seattle should be disgusted with themselves.

Quality troll post. The band doesn't have any obligation to follow your conservative grandstanding. If you want to know what's going on in Seattle, take your ass down there.
    PJNB said:
    poison said:

Well nearly every time someone tries to condemn that shit, someone comes with some sort of defense. Either by minimizing it ("It's just one block in Portland and a few blocks in Seattle") or justifying it ("They're at battle with Trump's secret police") or spouting out narratives that fit their politics ("It's not Antitfa, it could be white supremacists"), or deflecting from it ("What's worse? Vandalism, or black people being killed in the streets by police?!")

You would interpret it that way because you're looking at it from a black and white perspective where the best, and only response, is heavy handed violent reactions from police.
    edited July 2020
    hrd2imgn said:
    Yeah they come out against Republicans all the time, but rioters, looters, murders in their city....crickets.  They are afraid of the woke mob that will eat them up if they dare stand in the side of law and order.

Everyone with any stature on the region should be condeming it and calling for calm and usingbproper channels to pledge their grievances

I saw SW burbs of Chicago and this made total sense after that. The Northwest isn't Palos Hills.
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 555
    I live in Seattle. I’ve seen more acts of kindness and empathy over the last 3 months than years previous. Focus on what you can do to make your community better. Go Kraken?! Should of been Sockeyes. Just another instance of out of towners not understanding. @occupyemptycondos