AMES Mystery Poster Question and One to Trade

gvilliangvillian Clarks Summit, PA Posts: 118
Received the print below in the recent Ames mystery sale- not looking to sell/trade, just for any info.  Looks like the one 2017 EV but without concert info?  Does Ames do this- I feel like I’ve seen others from them that have art from a show poster but no show info?  Thanks for any help.

Gotta say I feel a bit wamboozled by this sale - the promo (from e-mail) really made it seem like the prints were PJ-related and there was some type of “minimum guaranteed value” (not that I care about this, just adds to the confusion about what I got).  It is what it is.

Also got the TOTD ‘16 Seattle SE S/N (out of 330) - this one I would be willing to trade if anyone were looking for it.

Comments

• HendonesiaHendonesia Posts: 106
    I was also pumped about their sale only to be disappointed. I'm sorry I can't help with your info request but I'm confident you are in the right place for the answers you are seeking. mL
    "Society..you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me.."
  • lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,277
    edited August 2020
    Post edited by lastchild11 on
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Jay1187Jay1187 Wakefield, MA Posts: 114
    I agree. I didn’t get a single PJ print in my tube. 
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 ,Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, TD Garden - May 24, 2006, TD Garden - May 25, 2006
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008, Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008, TD Garden - May 17, 2010, DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013, Fenway 1 August 5, 2016
    Fenway 2 August 7, 2016, Wrigley 2 August 20, 2018, Fenway 1 Sept 2, 2018, Fenway 2 Sept 4, 2018, MSG Sept 11, 2022
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    Got the same 2 posters in my tube. Should have known better. No PJ posters in my tube. From what I have seen on Facebook 90 percent of the mystery tubes are mostly junk that there is no way they could get rid of any other way. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Sad.
  • ewok pantsewok pants Posts: 309
    i got a clearwater fl vedder print.....but all 5 of my posters were destroyed.....all showed up with a minimum of 3 creases extending almost halfway across the print. tube was in fine shape when it arrived. no response from ames as of yet.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Oh man that blows.
    Gotta imagine they will replace.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436

Great poster, If you decide to get rid of it let me know
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    Is that the mystery poster that they included with every tube that was exclusive to the mystery tube drop?
  • gvilliangvillian Clarks Summit, PA Posts: 118
    KS80184 said:
    Is that the mystery poster that they included with every tube that was exclusive to the mystery tube drop?
    No- the bonus print was a roughly 5x5’, kinda abstract piece if I were categorizing it.  Will post a photo once I’m home next.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    gvillian said:
    KS80184 said:
    No- the bonus print was a roughly 5x5’, kinda abstract piece if I were categorizing it.  Will post a photo once I’m home next.
    I hope this is a reverse Spinal Tap situation and you mean 5x5"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    gvillian said:
    KS80184 said:
    You mean the East Troy mini print?  Kind of looks like this?
    Pearl Jam East Troy 2003 Ames Bros Show Edition  Collectionzz
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 181
    I don't see a thread to post Ames Mystery tube posters.  Maybe this could be it?
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 181

• Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    From all reports, it looks like losing the contents of my cart because my phone number was not there (non mandatory field from memory) wasa bit of a blessing. I woke up early through the night, ensured all details up to date, but at checkout wanted a phone number arghh....
    gvillian said:
    KS80184 said:
    Cool - thanks for the connection.  Not sure if I would’ve put that together.
  • gvillian said:
    Received the print below in the recent Ames mystery sale- not looking to sell/trade, just for any info.  Looks like the one 2017 EV but without concert info?  Does Ames do this- I feel like I’ve seen others from them that have art from a show poster but no show info?  Thanks for any help.

Gotta say I feel a bit wamboozled by this sale - the promo (from e-mail) really made it seem like the prints were PJ-related and there was some type of “minimum guaranteed value” (not that I care about this, just adds to the confusion about what I got).  It is what it is.

Also got the TOTD ‘16 Seattle SE S/N (out of 330) - this one I would be willing to trade if anyone were looking for it.

Is there anything on the back side of your poster?
    I don't see a thread to post Ames Mystery tube posters.  Maybe this could be it?

I will post what I get when I get the shipment.
    gvillian said:

Is there anything on the back side of your poster?

No, there does not appear to be anything on the back.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    how people had high expectations for these tubes is baffling - when you play the lottery do you expect to win? ;)
  • HendonesiaHendonesia Posts: 106
    As someone who religiously plays the lottery, you do realize it only takes once? 
    "Society..you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me.."
    Finally opened my mystery tube...
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    edited August 2020
    The ames blue diver poster was a free poster the added in when you bought the 4 Euro matching # set. The blue diver was also a matching # All 2010 Portugal,Belfast,Nijmegen,Venice the 4 below
    Post edited by dwhite76 on
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    edited August 2020

Post edited by dwhite76 on
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    KS80184 said:
    Does that blink poster glow in the dark? I think might. 

edited August 2020
    Loujoe said:
    KS80184 said:
    Does that blink poster glow in the dark? I think might. 

I haven't tested it but I think so.  It's definitely the best of the bunch. 

Post edited by KS80184 on
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    dwhite76 said:
    The ames blue diver poster was a free poster the added in when you bought the 4 Euro matching # set. The blue diver was also a matching # All 2010 Portugal,Belfast,Nijmegen,Venice the 4 below
    Wow look who decided To come back to the forum. You gonna be a man and pay me that $200 you owe me now or are you gonna be a little  coward and go hide on Facebook again?

• SweetDaddyLouSweetDaddyLou Posts: 1,186
    gvillian said:
    gvillian said:
    KS80184 said:
    Cool - thanks for the connection.  Not sure if I would’ve put that together.
    Anyone know how much this mini print is going for?