Ticketmater confusion

So I got my tickets through 10C for the Ottawa Concert.  After much deliberation decided it probably would not be practical to go to any upcoming concert (Husband has stage 3 COPD so Covid is basically a death sentence)   Went on my Ticketmaster account (who is the one that charged me for my tickets, and showed me my seats) and requested a refund.  The chat person said "no problem, expect refund in 30 days"  

After receiving no confirmation email or text, but my Ticketmaster account showing I no longer have the seats, I called them and asked if I could be sent the confirmation of cancelled order.

I was informed that Ticketmaster actually did not handle the sale of my tickets, but instead "Tickets Today" sold me the tickets and I would have to ask them for a refund.

I am really confused, as I was notified by Ticketmaster when I got the tickets, all the time showing on my Ticketmaster account, but now that I have asked for a refund, suddenly it is only a company called "Tickets Today" that can do it.

Anyone else in this position?  Why is a third party now involved and can be the only one's to issue me a refund? Is it because I got them through the 10C lottery?  Is it difficult to get a refund through them? (Their BBB rating is pretty bad)

Thanks for any info...

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    Look back to March 10th. You should have gotten an email from ticketstoday back then giving you instructions on how to get a refund for your 10C tickets. You have to reply to that email and ask for one. 
  • sxwxgirl1sxwxgirl1 Posts: 63
    PJNB said:
    Look back to March 10th. You should have gotten an email from ticketstoday back then giving you instructions on how to get a refund for your 10C tickets. You have to reply to that email and ask for one. 
    Okay responded to that email it went to 10C which said they would request refund through Ticketmaster for me..and I should call Ticketmaster with any questions, but Ticketmaster is saying they have no part of it?  
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,099
    They are such scumbags... still waiting on my tool refund almost 60 days out

i wish someone would have the balls to take them to the woodshed