Patience - Chris Cornell

JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404
Howard Stern debuted a cover version of Guns N Roses - Patience done by Chris Cornell.  Was awesome.  Cornell...by far the greatest musician of the 90s.
I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Bad cover. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Let us never forget that Guns N Roses are terrible 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    :bow:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Love GNR.  
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Love GnR too. Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed that. 
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Thanks for posting!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    raindog80 said:
    Bad cover. 
    Better than the original. I loved GnR as a kid but they just don’t hold up for me. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I was surprised by the music. It sounded almost like karaoke. Didn't make it all the way through the song. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    apparently he was trying to teach the song to his daughter since it is one of her favorite songs. so he decided to record it himself.  it's ok, nothing special to me.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Patience is just a great song. Saw the Zac Brown Band cover it live one show and it was awesome. Chris was just a once in a life time talent. And GNR still rules! Appetite and the illusions hold up against anyone’s best three albums. They are just layers of sleaze and brilliance smeared over three albums worth of musical magic. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I love GNR's output up until UYI.   I always thought Chris' solo work was the best when it was only him and his guitar.   It often sounds like he's using drum machines and stuff which takes away from the music.

Cover is ok, but I don't think it has anything on the original.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    wanna hear just him and guitar.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    KM73780 said:
    Let us never forget that Guns N Roses are terrible 

i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    ComeToTX said:
    raindog80 said:
    Bad cover. 
    Better than the original. I loved GnR as a kid but they just don’t hold up for me. 

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    sorry.  it's true.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    ComeToTX said:
    sorry.  it's true.
    I don't get how.. but I guess everyone is subject to their own opinion.

I love Chris Cornell music, but it's got too much artificial effects and drum machine going on.... if he'd just done it on an acoustic guitar and nothing else.   It would of been amazing.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    I like it

GNR better
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Zod said:
    ComeToTX said:
    sorry.  it's true.
    I don't get how.. but I guess everyone is subject to their own opinion.

I love Chris Cornell music, but it's got too much artificial effects and drum machine going on.... if he'd just done it on an acoustic guitar and nothing else.   It would of been amazing.
    Agreed.  Nothing better than just Cornell's voice and an acoustic guitar.  Too much going on with this version.