Kanye 2020???

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
edited July 2020 in A Moving Train
Soooo, apparently its still on.

first appearance. an AP article...

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Rapper Kanye West, in his first event since declaring himself a presidential candidate, ranted against historical figure Harriet Tubman on Sunday, saying the Underground Railroad conductor “never actually freed the slaves, she just had them work for other white people,” comments that drew shouts of opposition from some in the crowd.

West delivered a lengthy monologue, touching on topics from abortion and religion to international trade and licensing deals, before a crowd in North Charleston, South Carolina. Whether he is actually seeking the nation's highest office remains a question.

Tubman is one of the most respected figures of 19th century America. An African American who escaped slavery, she helped enslaved Black men and women travel north to freedom and fought for the Union during the Civil War. She later became a supporter of women's suffrage.

On abortion, West said that while he believes it should be legal, financial incentives to help struggling mothers could be a way to discourage the practice.

“Everybody that has a baby gets a million dollars,” he said as an example.

Wearing a protective vest and with “2020” shaved into his head, the entertainer appeared on a livestream of the event. Several hundred people gathered in a venue, where gospel music played before West's appearance.

The event was reportedly for registered guests only, although a campaign website had no registration or RSVP information.

Speaking without a microphone, West became tearful at one point while talking about his mother, who died following plastic surgery complications in 2007.

West missed the deadline to qualify for the ballot in several states, and it was unclear if he was willing or able to collect enough signatures required to qualify in others. Last week, he qualified to appear on Oklahoma’s presidential ballot, the first state where he met the requirements before the filing deadline.

West needed to collect 10,000 signatures by noon Monday to appear on the South Carolina ballot, according to state law. The entertainer tweeted out a list of locations around the Charleston area where petitions could be signed. Email to an address purportedly associated with the campaign was not returned Sunday afternoon.

West, who is married to reality television star Kim Kardashian West, initially announced his candidacy on July 4.

___

Meg Kinnard can be reached at http://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    He's  an idiot
    Only an idiot would support his idiocy bu voting for him.
    However he definitely lost a lot of "support" because of his Harriet Tubman comments.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Why does anyone think his opinions are noteworthy?  Because he's famous?  Has money? Married a vapid hack?

Sheesh.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Kayne is a  no talent hack. slightly more talented than Drake but another self absorbed blow hard.  any human being that votes for Kayne after 4 years of Trump should lose their right to vote ever again. sadly there might be people that dumb
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    He's  an idiot
    Only an idiot would support his idiocy bu voting for him.
    However he definitely lost a lot of "support" because of his Harriet Tubman comments.

Yeah, no shit!   Dissing Harriet Tubman.  There's a class act for you.
    Eye Roll GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Kourtney has always been my favorite out of the bunch.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Ughh this is what happens when a tv personality becomes president! The bar is so low now I’m surprised fireman Ed is not running for president!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Honestly who attacks Harriet Tubman?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I think all the abortion talk is maybe him still feeling regret for the death of his mom. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

THE MAN IS MENTALITY ILL.

I honestly feel sad for him , he is Bi-Polar , has a host of other mental issues as well. He has been checked in and out of the hospital for his mental health.

I understand he is famous and therefore no one on his crew wants to say anything because he would fire them and there are 1,000 people lined up to take his place.

The  media should just leave it alone  , I have had my issues with him in the past but I feel like this is making fun of the homeless person screaming at someone that does not exists under a bridge while eating food out of the trash. I think we would all feel bad for that person and not poke fun.

Again not a fan at all but when you are on manic highs he is going to say what he is going to say but I really wish he would get some serious help.

• JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Is he running for president or promoting an album or just bi-polar? I am genuinely so confused.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    He loves Trump and seems intent on making sure that Trump is not the most mentally-ill person in the race.

There's something going on here. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    OnWis97 said:
    He loves Trump and seems intent on making sure that Trump is not the most mentally-ill person in the race.

There's something going on here. 
    It’s called siphoning just enough of the AA vote to ensure four more years of Team Trump Treason. Ivanka Darlink put kimmy up to it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    Matts3221 said:

I honestly feel sad for him , he is Bi-Polar , has a host of other mental issues as well. He has been checked in and out of the hospital for his mental health.

I understand he is famous and therefore no one on his crew wants to say anything because he would fire them and there are 1,000 people lined up to take his place.

The  media should just leave it alone  , I have had my issues with him in the past but I feel like this is making fun of the homeless person screaming at someone that does not exists under a bridge while eating food out of the trash. I think we would all feel bad for that person and not poke fun.

Again not a fan at all but when you are on manic highs he is going to say what he is going to say but I really wish he would get some serious help.

Well said.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Jed said:
    Is he running for president or promoting an album or just bi-polar? I am genuinely so confused.
    D. All of the above
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    pjhawks said:
    Kayne is a  no talent hack. slightly more talented than Drake but another self absorbed blow hard.  any human being that votes for Kayne after 4 years of Trump should lose their right to vote ever again. sadly there might be people that dumb
    Definitely not a no talent hack. I havent enjoyed his recent output as much, but he has made some great music.

As for his antics, I wish the media would stop giving it attention, but I suppose that's their job. I think maybe rather than reporting on him like he's serious and/or a joke, itd be helpful if they changed the narrative with the suggestion that he gets the help he needs, as he's clearly mentally ill.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Matts3221 said:

I agree.

I don't really know anything about him other then what you can't help but see in headlines, so I don't know anything about a history of mental illness, but if indeed that's the case then I hope that his family, friends, and the public would be trying to minimize the spotlight and support him to get treatment.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i thought he dropped out several days ago?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited July 2020
    Matts3221 said:

I agree.

I don't really know anything about him other then what you can't help but see in headlines, so I don't know anything about a history of mental illness, but if indeed that's the case then I hope that his family, friends, and the public would be trying to minimize the spotlight and support him to get treatment.
    i don't see the Kardashian's getting him any help until/unless it hurts their bank account.  Not sure who is using who more, Kanye or the Kardashian's.   
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812

I think he got in afterwards.  He's doing the hokey pokey.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    that statement wasn't by him. unnamed spokesman as I recall....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Jed said:

I'd think more likely it's about promoting his ego.  Everything he does seems to scream, LOOK AT ME!!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Donald Trump. Joe Biden. Kanye West.

we are a nation of morons.

we deserve it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    EarlWelsh said:
    Donald Trump. Joe Biden. Kanye West.

we are a nation of morons.

we deserve it.
    A country of 330 million or so and these are your candidates for president...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    A no talent hack? An idiot?  Just a reminder to everyone here that the dude does have a well documented mental disorder. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I still think his talent is lacking and his lyrics are ridiculous. It has nothing to do with his mental status. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    nicknyr15 said:
    A no talent hack? An idiot?  Just a reminder to everyone here that the dude does have a well documented mental disorder. 
    How is he able to run for president then? I did not know he had a mental disorder. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    How is he able to run for president then? I did not know he had a mental disorder. 
    We've already got a president with a mental disorder (malignant narcissism). I hope we're not dumb enough to entertain more candidates with untreated mental disorders.
    hedonist said:
    I still think his talent is lacking and his lyrics are ridiculous. It has nothing to do with his mental status. 
    +1
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Kanye 2020?

No no no no no.  No.

I've been listening to him on Hot97 here in their news in the AM and Ye is bat shit crazy.

No no no no no.  No.
    hedonist said:
    i am glad someone else agrees with me.  agree it has nothing to do with his mental status. if he is bi-polar I hope he gets back on the meds.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited July 2020
    Dude was super talented. Probably one of the best musicians in the game from mid aughts until 2016/7. 

Unfortunately, he needs some hard self care for a bit. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on