MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Pumped to watch on Thursday and then on Friday getting to see Reds in action.
    Has anyone checked out the baseball packages yet?  Curious to see if they give free games to start the season like they usually do on Extra Innings.  
    Also interested to learn the policy if/when they cancel the season.
    Just got an email about it...doesn't say anything about those two things

As a quick reminder, if you're subscribed to our auto-renewal program,the renewal rate for the 2020 season is $89.99 and will be billed to your account in one installment, starting with your first bill after the season opens. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Pumped to watch on Thursday and then on Friday getting to see Reds in action.
    Has anyone checked out the baseball packages yet?  Curious to see if they give free games to start the season like they usually do on Extra Innings.  
    Also interested to learn the policy if/when they cancel the season.
    Just got an email about it...doesn't say anything about those two things

As a quick reminder, if you're subscribed to our auto-renewal program,the renewal rate for the 2020 season is $89.99 and will be billed to your account in one installment, starting with your first bill after the season opens. 
    I just got that same email saying the same: $89.99

I think that is BS. Just like when they were charging us for Sports channels when ther were NO Live sports. I think they should've shown the games for FREE, but maybe that's just me?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    How much was it last year?

Looks like MLB.TV is 25 a month or could do $50 for one team....but, isn't the season pretty much two months long?
    Need to look at the fine print.
    Thanks for the info that you got via email.  
    I'm down to pay, I would watch more than normal....but I'm not down to pay for games we don't get if they have to cancel.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I think I payed $199 for(TV) the whole season the last 2 years. MLB.TV came with the TV package.

Good question: What happens if the season gets canceled?  Just give us Credit on our Bills?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Not a ton of money but just the idea of it.
    Thanks

Joseph Votto kneeled with a few of his teammates during the anthem today.  I applaud his support and would like to see more high profile white players do this.
    Looks like you can cancel within first 30 days w/Crapcast Xfinity.

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Joseph Votto kneeled with a few of his teammates during the anthem today.  I applaud his support and would like to see more high profile white players do this.

The Giants had a few white players kneel on Tuesday including the manager Kapler. Almost half the team knelt in total which was great to see. It should be a point of pride to them that Trump complained/tweeted about it. Kapler has told the players to kneel when they feel the desire to and there are no issues with him or the team when they do it. I wish more owners/managers would do the same publicly. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Let’s go!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Well well well, Dodgers. I like your style.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I've gotten free MLB.tv for the last 5 years just being a T-Mobile customer.  They threw in a year's subscription to The Athletic this year as well.  Guess I'll watch some games. 
    I will say seeing the Giants players & coaches kneeling, Alyssa Nakken coaching 1B, and Votto speaking out & kneeling has got me a little more excited to tune in.  Shit's bigger than baseball and it's good to see not only the players taking action, but also MLB standing by them.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Betts signing extension w Dodgers.
    12yr Extension, 392 mill
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited July 2020
    This is turning out to be a great baseball week for me.  We watched Billy Crystal's fine move 61* a few  days ago, my LP copy of 3rd by The Baseball Project just showed up and Steve Wynn is going to play all Baseball Project songs on his live from home show on Face Book Friday at 4 PM EST/ 1 PM PST! 

Play ball!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I've gotten free MLB.tv for the last 5 years just being a T-Mobile customer.  They threw in a year's subscription to The Athletic this year as well.  Guess I'll watch some games. 
    I will say seeing the Giants players & coaches kneeling, Alyssa Nakken coaching 1B, and Votto speaking out & kneeling has got me a little more excited to tune in.  Shit's bigger than baseball and it's good to see not only the players taking action, but also MLB standing by them.
    Yeah I think Kapler is a weirdo but I like those things from this week.  
    (I think that he is a weirdo is sort of beyond contest)
    Betts 12/ $365 MIL

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    happy baseball season
    Soto tested positive. This is never going to work.

HOLD OFF RAIN. I AT LEAST NEED TONIGHT!
    Soto tested positive. This is never going to work.

HOLD OFF RAIN. I AT LEAST NEED TONIGHT!
    Dammit Juan!!!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited July 2020
    This season will make it 4 weeks if we are lucky. Soto took the first test Sunday and was negative. He then practiced twice and played in 2 games and tested positive on the second round.    
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    He knew and then played?

I read a take that looked at the swinging dick, young & horny, ruining it for the rest of the team when on the road.

If dudes are ignoring tests right off the bat the other guys won't even get to get road-rug much before it closes down.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    He knew and then played?

I read a take that looked at the swinging dick, young & horny, ruining it for the rest of the team when on the road.

If dudes are ignoring tests right off the bat the other guys won't even get to get road-rug much before it closes down.
    This may be true, I also believe MLB/baseball players are by far the dumbest of the four major sports.

But still - tests are going to be incredibly unreliable.
    He knew and then played?

This may be true, I also believe MLB/baseball players are by far the dumbest of the four major sports.

Have you met any hockey players?

It is a toss up.
    He knew and then played?

Have you met any hockey players?

It is a toss up.
    Haha, I mean maybe. But have you ever seen how many baseball players wear those Affliction pants and jeans? And by dumbest I mean the sport with the most toxic individualism, which is like the basic heart of the issue at hand with the pandemic in this country.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited July 2020
    Playoffs expanded to 16 teams. First round is best of 3. For this year
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Oh, I fucking love this.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Well well well, Dodgers. I like your style.

why is it those cocksucking red sox are always shipping stars to the fucking d**gers? :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Oh, I fucking love this.
    I do not lol
    Oh, I fucking love this.
    I do not lol
    It's a short season, let's see how it goes.  You can experiment this season and if it sux you can blame it all on 2020.

Win win.
    Oh, I fucking love this.
    I do not lol
    In a shortened season? Hell yeah, because I don't see how you determine the best team over 60 games regardless, at least this'll help. I just would not want it in Normal Times.