• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Ugh.  Dislike the yankees but that really sux to see.  Hope he is fine
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Enjoy David Price Dodger fans.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    MayDay10 said:
    Yup. They need to have the net out there. Hope he's ok.

This is going to be a strange season.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    mfc2006 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I’m still not convinced the “season” will even happen.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Neither am I, but I am hopefully optimistic.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Neither am I. And maybe it's just as well I guess.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    no buster posey.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I can still hear Reagan calling him "Jeeewlio FrAnco" when he called an inning in the All Star Game one year.
    Awesome that he still has that swing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    How many sandlots and whiffle ball stadiums have seen some exaggerated version of that stance? That was my go to coming up. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    It was certainly a commonly mimicked one.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I don't know how Franco could hit like he did, but it worked for him. Not something you'd want to teach a kid.

I think he used a heavy bat too? 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    cutz said:
    I don't know how Franco could hit like he did, but it worked for him. Not something you'd want to teach a kid.

I think he used a heavy bat too? 
    I think he's still playing on Long Island, lol.
    Yeah I forgot until I read that.  He used some babe Ruth lumber.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    They sure gave the Jays plenty of notice.

Blue Jays denied approval to host games in Canada
    58m ago
    Mark Blinch / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    TORONTO ON - JULY 09 Toronto Blue Jays players take part in an intrasquad game at Rogers Centre on July 9 2020 in Toronto Canada

The Toronto Blue Jays were denied approval by the Canadian government to play home games at Rogers Centre amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to Rob Gillies of The Associated Press.

"Canada will not be issuing a national interest exemption for the MLB's regular season at this time," said Marco Mendicino, Canada's Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship.

Buffalo emerged as the club's preferred backup plan over Dunedin, Florida, in recent days, reports Shi Davidi of Sportsnet, who adds the team already has some staff in Buffalo laying groundwork.

The Blue Jays received the green light to host games from the municipal and provincial governments but needed the federal government to approve an exemption for Canada's Quarantine Act, which requires any person entering the country for nonessential reasons to self-isolate for 14 days.

The new season starts July 23, and the Blue Jays' home opener is scheduled for July 29 against the Washington Nationals.

^^^^ this is because canada doesn’t fuck around with the virus. USA? “let’s throw a COVID party” :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Liking this no fans in the stands. You won't hear that 1 guy who won't shut up
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    cliffy? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Yet the entire NHL is set to play in Canada, Toronto & Edmonton, so where's the difference?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    cliffy? :lol:

Definitely 
    edited July 2020
    Poncier said:
    Yet the entire NHL is set to play in Canada, Toronto & Edmonton, so where's the difference?
    The difference is the nhl has a sustained bubble.  Mlb does not and players/staff are required to travel from our third world country for each series/homestand
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited July 2020
    I dont see this working very well..Masks while its 90 degrees and humid. How go you pitch with a mask on while sweating your ass off?  Masks in dugout only?
    Post edited by wndowpayne on
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    The difference is the nhl has a sustained bubble.  Mlb does not and players/staff are required to travel from our third world country for each series/homestand
    Yeah but there's 18 US based teams heading into Canada for the NHL playoffs, they think there's less risk there than what 9 or 10 baseball series in Toronto?
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    Yeah but there's 18 US based teams heading into Canada for the NHL playoffs, they think there's less risk there than what 9 or 10 baseball series in Toronto?
    As far as I know, the NHL submitted a whole plan that outlines the bubble.  The players are going to be self-quarantined in the bubble for the requisite amount of time.  
    MLB didnt/cant have that with teams travelling in and out for 3 game series.  
    Pumped to watch on Thursday and then on Friday getting to see Reds in action.
    Has anyone checked out the baseball packages yet?  Curious to see if they give free games to start the season like they usually do on Extra Innings.  
    Also interested to learn the policy if/when they cancel the season.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm honestly not even that excited for baseball.  Hopefully that will change once the games start, but at this point, we should be 100+ games in.  It feel like the season has been cancelled instead of just now getting ready to start.  At least if the Cubs suck - which they will - it won't really mean anything.  If anything I'm more interested to see what our crosstown rivals do this year; see if they live up to the hype.  Since that blowhard jackass Hawk Harrelson is gone, watching them hasn't been so insufferable.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    As much as I love baseball and the Boston Red Sox the ONLY sport I want see come back is hockey. Hey how sweet is that hockey in the middle of summer, that said, GO BRUINS!

Peace 
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I'm honestly not even that excited for baseball.  Hopefully that will change once the games start, but at this point, we should be 100+ games in.  It feel like the season has been cancelled instead of just now getting ready to start.  At least if the Cubs suck - which they will - it won't really mean anything.  If anything I'm more interested to see what our crosstown rivals do this year; see if they live up to the hype.  Since that blowhard jackass Hawk Harrelson is gone, watching them hasn't been so insufferable.
    I was feeling the exact same way not being that excited but just watching that Sox-Cubs exhibition game last night got me really excited.  I don't think they're going to finish the season so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    I'd rather hear 1 annoying fan than the stupid white noise I endured watching the Phillies game last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg