Options

Good Things during Lockdowm

2»

Comments

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    @PureandEasy We found it so hard, but what really helped was listening to Eckhart Tolle, perhaps this might help you.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Another rough day, my boss' husband died suddenly last night.  The second death in our work family in less than 2 weeks.  And neither connected to COVID.  I know people die everyday, but there is just death all around . . . every night on the news, the COVID numbers; the senseless deaths by gun violence (which for some reason are increasing exponentially) and then those just unexpected deaths.  It's just every where.  What next?  That's what I keep asking myself.  
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Sorry, again, I know this was supposed to a positive thread, sorry.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Don’t apologize. I’m sorry for these losses; they hurt. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Sorry to hear of your loss @PureandEasy it's such a tough time. As @hedonist said, you dont need to apologise....  I've actually experienced 7 bereavments in the last year and like you said, the majority were not covid related. I think when you know the person and when it's sudden it can be more of a shock especially if they're not elderly or unwell. I'd like to pass on my condolences. Big hugs.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I have been able to work at my office the entire time.  Two of the three firm partners are working from home, so less people to bother me.

I am able to wear shorts and flip flops every day to work.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sounds cool @JOEJOEJOE!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited July 2020
    This is my first week back in the office since March and man it really is an adjustment.  I’ve basically forgotten the routine that i would do 5 days a week for decades in the morning.  

Not to mention im now a bigger germaphobe than before.  My door stays shut and when im moving throughout the buildings Im like What About Bob

One positive is visiting my normal coffee stop again on the way to work.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Coffee and cleanliness is good...I love Bill Murray films and What about Bob is hilarious! :)@cp3iverson
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Myself and my partner both got to spend more time together due to her working from home. I feel that it has brought us a lot closer, so I'm grateful.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Cooking at home more and eating healthier and it’s delicious!
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean about that @ConorKavanagh it's great to be home with your loved one(s) instead of spending so much time  commuting and working for something when you're hardly there.  For me jnstead of seeing colleagues (unless we are zooming) I now just see my dog all day which is kinda nice.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The slower pace has really suited me. I know it's not for everyone, and I did continue to work as normal also.... But when everything was closed down, naturally things halted a bit for me, and with a bit of media distancing....I began to have a pretty sweet lockdown!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    This "Deep State plot" may finally make some people see that the orange buffoon is a blithering idiot. :triumph:

or not.....if they're watching Faux "news."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    1. Working from home has been great for my kitty.  She appreciates having her servant available during the day, for proper lunch time feedings.  And, I'm loving the extra cuddles during the day.  Plus, the hair is growing back on her belly - she was over grooming and had licked the fur off.  I think it is anxiety related.
    2. I made bread for the first time ever during Covid.  So so good.  I am definitely going to make this part of my life ... just not so much in the summer when it is hot out and I don't really want my oven on.
    3. I have gotten a routine of early morning walks ... since March, I've gone for a 30-45 minute walk almost every morning. It is taking the place of my commute to work.  It's been so lovely ... I literally witnessed the emergence of spring.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    1. Lol: servant ... extra cuddles sound good
    2. I'd love to make walnut bread, in fact I might make walnut cupcakes this afternoon- thanks for that!
    3. Your morning walks sounds really nice

:)

@given2fly23