Wrigley N2 2016

Not much else to explain here. All of our stories and celebration of one of their best ballpark shows. Check one more off the Wrigley box.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Fantastic show. Went solo and met up with a great fan from this site who I still stay in touch with. First set was on fire. Second set from Man of the Hour to Evenflow slowed the momentum down a bit but the show then ended strong from there.  This is my third favourite ballpark show with Fenway 2 2016 first and Seattle 2 2018 second. 
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited July 2020
    One of, if not the greatest shows I've ever been to, PJ and non-PJ. You guys said it best, it was one holy shit moment after another. And if we're pickin nits, sure Got Some and Last Kiss could have been swapped out for something else, maybe DTE, but the performance, set, atmosphere, etc was literally perfect - 10/10 from me as well. Nicely done guys. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    I recall a pretty loud singalong for Last Kiss at this show.  I didn't mind it at all. 
    I recall a pretty loud singalong for Last Kiss at this show.  I didn't mind it at all. 
    Totally, and they discuss that on their pod, not the biggest fan of the song, but where it was in the set, with everybody singing along, it was awesome. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    mschostok said:
    One of, if not the greatest shows I've ever been to, PJ and non-PJ. You guys said it best, it was one holy shit moment after another. And if we're pickin nits, sure Got Some and Last Kiss could have been swapped out for something else, maybe DTE, but the performance, set, atmosphere, etc was literally perfect - 10/10 from me as well. Nicely done guys. 
    Yeah man, you nailed it. Two songs that I’m not very crazy about aren’t gonna ruin the other 34 for me. It was a pretty perfect set. I don’t give very many 10s, I’ve stiffed great shows like Soldier Field, Atlanta 94 and The Gorge (though with a redo I’d definitely give Soldier Field and Atlanta a 10 now) but there was a special energy about this one that was hard to not fall in love with. Of The Earth did me in on this one.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

mschostok said:
    Yeah man, you nailed it. Two songs that I’m not very crazy about aren’t gonna ruin the other 34 for me. It was a pretty perfect set. I don’t give very many 10s, I’ve stiffed great shows like Soldier Field, Atlanta 94 and The Gorge (though with a redo I’d definitely give Soldier Field and Atlanta a 10 now) but there was a special energy about this one that was hard to not fall in love with. Of The Earth did me in on this one.
    That was my favourite song of the night. I was a mile back on the 3rd base line but still enjoyed this one immensely. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    I’ve listened to that I’ve got a feeling 50x plus, also close to that on byr
  • mschostok said:
    I actually got a new appreciation for Got Some after that night. I thought they nailed it. 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
    There wasn't a moment in that entire show that I didn't hang on to.  Of the earth, Immortality, and Man of the Hour were the biggest moments for me but I remember feeling exhausted after the first set from bouncing around so much.  It was awesome and totally what I flew across the country for.  Night 1 felt like a warm up and Night 2 did not disappoint. 
    There wasn't a moment in that entire show that I didn't hang on to.  Of the earth, Immortality, and Man of the Hour were the biggest moments for me but I remember feeling exhausted after the first set from bouncing around so much.  It was awesome and totally what I flew across the country for.  Night 1 felt like a warm up and Night 2 did not disappoint. 
    That Immortality is one of the better versions I've ever heard. Literally not one bad moment in this show. Had the vibe of a 90s PJ show the entire time. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Had a great time at this show, I remember the set list was so good, and so much of the experience is made up by the people around you.  We met some great folks who had come over from Europe, and one of them was in tears he was so overwhelmed by the experience and what it took for him to get there.  Was a good reminder of how I take live music in general for granted.

All in all probably one of the best few days I had in Chicago with my wife, friends, and brother in law, sister in law etc... Saw PJ twice and Wilco in between.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    edited July 2020
    Great story about this show. I was actually able to "strategically" arrange a customer appreciation event through my work so I could go to this show, lol! I hosted about 15 customers of mine in one of the luxury boxes complete with food & booze and brought along one of my colleagues with me who hadn't seen the band live before, and we had a blast! 

I also knew another one of my good friends was at the show with her brother so right as the first encore started my buddy and I left the customers in the luxury box to go find our friends in their seats as we figured it would be easier for us to get them than the other way around. During the show, I had been texting back and forth with my friend and knew she had wanted to see Last Kiss, so imagine the amazement we had once we finally got to their section and found them only to hear the opening notes to Last Kiss being played! 

And yes, it was a pretty loud sing-a-long that night. 

Post edited by Red Mosqito on
    Great story about this show. I was actually able to "strategically" arrange a customer appreciation event through my work so I could go to this show, lol! I hosted about 15 customers of mine in one of the luxury boxes complete with food & booze and brought along one of my colleagues with me who hadn't seen the band live before, and we had a blast! 

I also knew another one of my good friends was at the show with her brother so right as the first encore started my buddy and I left the customers in the luxury box to go find our friends in their seats as we figured it would be easier for us to get them than the other way around. During the show, I had been texting back and forth with my friend and knew she had wanted to see Last Kiss, so imagine the amazement we had once we finally got to their section and found them only to hear the opening notes to Last Kiss being played! 

That is a great story and awesome picture!  

Would like to use this for our mailbag episode. Would you mind emailing it, can elaborate in any way you’d like or add additional Wrigley stories if you have them! Thank you!

liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com

Would like to use this for our mailbag episode. Would you mind emailing it, can elaborate in any way you’d like or add additional Wrigley stories if you have them! Thank you!

liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com
    Absolutely! 
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    Winging this but wasn’t the first like 15 songs all pre 1999?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    edited July 2020
    It was around 13, but yeah everything prior to I Am Mine was all 90s songs
    Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    edited July 2020
    It was around 13, but yeah everything prior to I Am Mine was all 90s songs
    My cousin was texting from Boston, “can you fucking believe this setlist” I didn’t realize because the energy was INSANE. And we had great fucking seats 
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Better Man -> Corduroy -> State. You just cannot get any better than that.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    Anyone know why these bootlegs aren't in the shop or on nugs?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    mschostok said:
    The 2016 and the 2018 Wrigley shows are available in the shop. It's only the 2013 show at this point that hasn't seen the light of day. No biggie as I have a great fan recording of this show that I've grown fond of listening to, so not sure if an official soundboard release would do it any justice beyond the sound quality obviously. 
    mschostok said:
    The 2016 and the 2018 Wrigley shows are available in the shop. It's only the 2013 show at this point that hasn't seen the light of day. No biggie as I have a great fan recording of this show that I've grown fond of listening to, so not sure if an official soundboard release would do it any justice beyond the sound quality obviously. 
    They are not in the shop anymore though. Boston is the last show from 2016 listed that I can see. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    PJNB said:
    mschostok said:
    They are not in the shop anymore though. Boston is the last show from 2016 listed that I can see. 
    That's odd.  I wonder if it's temporary?  I checked nugs and they don't have that show either.  Seems you can buy any show from that tour except the Wrigley shows.  I wonder why it's been removed.
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Possibly a copyright issue due to let’s play two. The 2 shows were available when let’s play two was not on Nugs.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
    Possibly a copyright issue due to let’s play two. The 2 shows were available when let’s play two was not on Nugs.
    Funny you say that because I have the show on my phone and the title of it changed two days ago to "Let's Play Two" instead of 8/22/2016
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    PJNB said:
    mschostok said:
    I stand corrected! The download used to be there because I downloaded it when it became available. That’s interesting that it’s no longer available, I wonder why that is? Maybe they want to move what’s remaining of their Let’s Play Two stock first? 
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    mschostok said:
    Curious which one you have that you like. I’ve heard a couple and they’ve all been pretty bad. Not totally un-listenable, but not re-listenable at all to me. Your mileage may vary, of course. 
    mschostok said:
    Curious which one you have that you like. I’ve heard a couple and they’ve all been pretty bad. Not totally un-listenable, but not re-listenable at all to me. Your mileage may vary, of course. 
    I want to say it was one of the very first (if not first) fan recordings that popped up on here about a week after the show. It's the one that has the evacuation announcement as the #10 track on it, plus it has a couple of tracks listed as banter that has some audience chatter on it. Whenever I listen to it, it almost instantly puts me back at that very moment in my mind.