NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    hedonist said:
    I just discovered Bill Burr has a series called F is for Family but have yet to watch.  Has anyone seen it?  If it's anything like his stand-up and general conversation, I'm IN.
    It's hilarious.  He's the best.  I think they have season 4 coming out soon...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    I just discovered Bill Burr has a series called F is for Family but have yet to watch.  Has anyone seen it?  If it's anything like his stand-up and general conversation, I'm IN.
    It's hilarious.  He's the best.  I think they have season 4 coming out soon...
    I listen to his podcasts when I work out :lol:
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Hannibal. Amazing show..I thought Mads Mikkelsen gives Anthony Hopkins a run for his money as who played Hannibal Lecter best. Would have loved to see what Bryan Fuller would have done with the Clarice Starling story line. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Watched first two seasons of Money Heist.   So frustrating.  Not sure if I'll start up again. It was entertaining but most of the characters got super annoying at some point and just did stupid, out of character things.  Would be a boring show if everything went to plan but tough to get past how the professor could be smart but yet pick people for the team that are clearly immature and unreliable. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Hannibal. Amazing show..I thought Mads Mikkelsen gives Anthony Hopkins a run for his money as who played Hannibal Lecter best. Would have loved to see what Bryan Fuller would have done with the Clarice Starling story line. 
    I was really disappointed when that show was canceled. However, I don't think they were ever going to introduce Starling to the canon. They were never able to get the rights to Silence of the Lambs from MGM. CBS has green lit a show based on Starling and SOTL material. Not sure when that will air though.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    It's on Hulu but "What we do in the shadows" is hilarious.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Dead to Me. Decent..
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    hedonist said:
    cartoon....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Hope that's good..

https://youtu.be/D5RDTPfsLAI
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    The Bill Murray Stories

a documentary
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    hedonist said:
    I was late to F is for Family.  I pretty much love everything "Bill Burr".  Listening to his podcast as I type this...
    I'm halfway through season 3.  It's really good!  It's not like a lot of other cartoon comedies (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) where they have an idea and make a show about it.  F is for Family is more of a linear story, which I appreciate. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2020
    dankind said:
    So I heard that Space Force sucks. Anyone here watch it yet?
    I watched it. It's okay, but not as good as I'd hoped for. But it got a fair bit better as the season progressed IMO. I think they had a hard time finding their footing with it, and perhaps will have a better grasp if there is a 2nd season. I've seen that before, and sometimes a really great show emerges if they manage to hang on beyond the first season.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Any thoughts on Lovebirds??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2020
    I was really disappointed when that show was canceled. However, I don't think they were ever going to introduce Starling to the canon. They were never able to get the rights to Silence of the Lambs from MGM. CBS has green lit a show based on Starling and SOTL material. Not sure when that will air though.
    I loved this show as well, and was disappointed when it ended. A couple (few? I can’t tell anymore, lol) weeks ago Mikkelsen posted on instagram that the show was on Netflix with a himt at season 4.

Edit: Here’s the post, lol.

Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited June 2020
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    I watched it. It's okay, but not as good as I'd hoped for. But it got a fair bit better as the season progressed IMO. I think they had a hard time finding their footing with it, and perhaps will have a better grasp if there is a 2nd season. I've seen that before, and sometimes a really great show emerges if they manage to hang on beyond the first season.

I lasted one episode. Was really disappointed as I have been looking forward to this since I heard about it. 
    Carrell playing a tough guy with a raspy voice? No. It just didn't work for me. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point if it gets better but, man, I was hoping for a whole lot more from that cast. 

BTW @PJ_Soul ---I saw in some other thread you were out of commission for a while? Glad your feeling better! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

I lasted one episode. Was really disappointed as I have been looking forward to this since I heard about it. 
    Carrell playing a tough guy with a raspy voice? No. It just didn't work for me. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point if it gets better but, man, I was hoping for a whole lot more from that cast. 

BTW @PJ_Soul ---I saw in some other thread you were out of commission for a while? Glad your feeling better! 
    Thanks The Juggler! :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    It's from Netflix, but not on Netflix (on Youtube) - Chappelle's 8:46. So fucking good for an impromptu, half-hour special. If you don't know about it, and you're looking for funny, look elsewhere.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's from Netflix, but not on Netflix (on Youtube) - Chappelle's 8:46. So fucking good for an impromptu, half-hour special. If you don't know about it, and you're looking for funny, look elsewhere.
    Your last sentence is confusing. Don’t watch it if we dig good comedy and haven’t heard of the special?
    edited June 2020
    hedonist said:
    Your last sentence is confusing. Don’t watch it if we dig good comedy and haven’t heard of the special?
    Sorry, to clarify, there's maybe 3 jokes in the entire thing. Beyond that it is a comedian not joking around, rather getting very serious regarding George Floyd and the amount of time it took him to die (8 minutes, 46 seconds).
    edited June 2020
    I am watching American Factory (one of the docs that the Obamas are connected to), and man, it gets disturbing AF. Very very much so for me. As a supporter of workers rights, this is actually a nearly nightmare-inducing documentary! I already didn't approve of Chinese corps buying factories or much of anything else in North America, and does this doc ever solidify my opinion about that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Watching Patriot Act, Volume 6 this days.. funny and educational at the same time..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

DARK is back! This show needs a stand alone episode to refresh your brain for everything that happened in the previous season.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Just discovered "Marcella"......British cop drama
    DARK is back! This show needs a stand alone episode to refresh your brain for everything that happened in the previous season.
    My mind is burning!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    My mind is burning!!
    Episode 5. Holy shit.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Finally finished  the Dark over the weekend. Great show. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Finally finished  the Dark over the weekend. Great show. 
    Me too, last night..one of the best ever??
    really like this..

https://youtu.be/9JaGmaiKRLA
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Very powerful
    I've watched it 4 times now and each time I'm knocked out by his passion.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Just watched The Old Guard. Wow, what a nice surprise, I loved it! Hope they make the sequel!