Options

tell me how good Wolmother in their support slots!!!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
EDIT: new title tell me how good Wolmother ARE in their support slots!!!! .... tube that i am!

come on... lets plug this band as they are that fucking good!!! In Dublin we had some wee shitty Irish bloke who must survive on Helium... his speaking voice was thin and whiny, but his singing voice was ok :confused:

anyway... how good were Wolfmother????? I'm jealous :( why couldnt they have supported in Dublin :rolleyes: instead we got Marc Bolans dwarf brother!!
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    come on... lets plug this band as they are that fucking good!!! In Dublin we had some wee shitty Irish bloke who must survive on Helium... his speaking voice was thin and whiny, but his singing voice was ok :confused:

lol. I think the guys speaking voice (umm. Paddy Casey, wasn't he?) sounded like a man and a woman at the same time. :D no offense to him though, he handled himself well, considering the situation. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    i actually didnt mind him that much... but i wanted Wolfmother so much... not only were there no shows for the UK proper... the one show i go to has a mediocre support act at best... no disrespect to the guy but he's only known inside Ireland... and PJ are bigger than that, they should have had a quality support act .... booooooooooo :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Indeed, PJ deserves a quality support act..
    I will be seeing Wolfmother tonight and I'm sure it will be great. I love their album.
    I'll let you know tomorrow, and you'll have pics...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    i actually didnt mind him that much... but i wanted Wolfmother so much... not only were there no shows for the UK proper... the one show i go to has a mediocre support act at best... no disrespect to the guy but he's only known inside Ireland... and PJ are bigger than that, they should have had a quality support act .... booooooooooo :(

yeh, he was quite good. can't remember any of the songs now though.. :o

well.. didn't someone say that they got him on short notice or something.? I would've LOVED to see Wolfmother too though!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    EDIT: new title tell me how good Wolmother ARE in their support slots!!!! .... tube that i am!

anyway... how good were Wolfmother????? I'm jealous :( why couldnt they have supported in Dublin :rolleyes: instead we got Marc Bolans dwarf brother!!

Hey!! :mad: Now don't you start on Marc Bolan. :mad:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options

I love Marc Bolan! :D (lol. sorry, not trying to derail the thread. :o:D)
  • Options

i wasnt.... i said he looked like Marc Bolans dwarf brother... i love T-Rex :):)
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    i wasnt.... i said he looked like Marc Bolans dwarf brother... i love T-Rex :):)

;) That's ok then :D I'm going to see a T-Rex tribute band on Friday :D

Anyway back to thread. Yeah I've not heard anything on Wolfmother yet. Interesting that........
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles