what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    ^^Greetings from Europe..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    edited June 2020
    My University failed to acknowledge my entire cohort of Bachelor of Education - Teaching Children grads during their 2020 virtual reality graduation.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    tish said:
    My University failed to acknowledge my entire cohort of Bachelor of Education - Teaching Children grads during their 2020 virtual reality graduation.
    How's that possible?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    Pap said:
    tish said:
    How's that possible?
    CLERICAL ERROR 

I called the news and got the TCs some well deserved attention (link to news story below).

https://youtu.be/3EkdOGS8D9s
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2020
    tish said:
    OOOOOPS. That really sucks. Someone is feeling really sheepish about that! Quite the fuck up.
    Congrats on your degree though!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Kalo taxidi Kir-Niko

https://youtu.be/PqIYu-dpWJM
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

The Pizzagate Blog 17 Pizzagate Images You Want To See
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Patient Files insomnia - PharmaTimes Magazine April 2019
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

demetrios said:
    I saw this earlier..oh man..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Oh good grief, not this again!
    How Sleep Affects Mental Health and Vice-Versa  Everyday Health

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I assume the Amy family will give a hard pass on this event. 
    hedonist said:
    I assume the Amy family will give a hard pass on this event. 
    Just saw them this last summer. (Static-X and Dope that is.)  They were fantastic!  (The lead singer for Dope stepped in for the now deceased Wayne Static.) 

Um, yes.  There would be a very, very hard pass.  The funny thing about the posting is that Wisconsin Death Trip is the name of Static-X's first album.  It shouldn't be funny, but it is. 

I don't know who handles the merch for twenty one pilots, but the items we have purchased from them are fantastic quality. :hint, hint PJ:

Just got this Crew Nation hoodie for K to celebrate the end of sophomore year. 

Lazarus and the nine year old girl from Rhode..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

How amazing everyone was with my father-in-law today. My FIL had a major stroke.

The EMTs made short work of scooping and running.  They had him to the hospital in less than an hour total from hitting the floor to hitting the door. We didn't even see them.  We live 20-25 minutes away. There was no sign of them when we arrived. In fact, we didn't realize they had already been there until we came into the house. That, my friends, is how fast they moved. 

The ER got him the stroke drugs he needed to stop or reverse or whatever magic it is that they do.  He had the drugs in an hour and a half from start of stroke. 

The surgeons went in, caught the lil bastard causing the stroke and everything went well.  He had his surgery in less than 4 hours after start of stroke. 

My FIL is alive today because of some very awesome people.  Such incredible thankfulness at the House of DEP this evening.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    How amazing everyone was with my father-in-law today. My FIL had a major stroke.

The EMTs made short work of scooping and running.  They had him to the hospital in less than an hour total from hitting the floor to hitting the door. We didn't even see them.  We live 20-25 minutes away. There was no sign of them when we arrived. In fact, we didn't realize they had already been there until we came into the house. That, my friends, is how fast they moved. 

The ER got him the stroke drugs he needed to stop or reverse or whatever magic it is that they do.  He had the drugs in an hour and a half from start of stroke. 

The surgeons went in, caught the lil bastard causing the stroke and everything went well.  He had his surgery in less than 4 hours after start of stroke. 

My FIL is alive today because of some very awesome people.  Such incredible thankfulness at the House of DEP this evening.
    So happy for you and your family :hug:

(and yes, kudos x 1000 to these incredible lifesavers.)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    deadendp said:

Yikes. I am so glad everything was ok with your FIL. That must have been scary. Medical technology and the medical staffs these days are truly remarkable. I wish your FIL a speedy recovery. 
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    deadendp said:

That is amazing.  Well done all involved.  Wishing your FIL a full and speedy recovery.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    TPA (stroke drugs) carry the risk of brain bleed/continued brain bleed. Of course, M's dad had difficulties with this overnight.

Speech, which was one word and mumbled, is now non-existent as well as the arm movement he could do with commands yesterday.

Basically he is losing ability- not what we would hope for at all- and will be going in for a scan at 10 AM to see what is going on.  

His mom was infinitely better this morning in communicating and with composure. The hospital, having a one visitor per patient policy right now, waved my husband in because the security guard said that my MIL was "hysterical and we don't know what to do with her." 

I am also continuing to deal with "supportive" family dynamics of my family. I have chosen to shield my husband from this. 

My SIL has taken the hysterics role from my MIL. My poor husband doesn't know if he is coming or going and we are maintaining because someone has to. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    deadendp said:
    TPA (stroke drugs) carry the risk of brain bleed/continued brain bleed. Of course, M's dad had difficulties with this overnight.

Speech, which was one word and mumbled, is now non-existent as well as the arm movement he could do with commands yesterday.

Basically he is losing ability- not what we would hope for at all- and will be going in for a scan at 10 AM to see what is going on.  

His mom was infinitely better this morning in communicating and with composure. The hospital, having a one visitor per patient policy right now, waved my husband in because the security guard said that my MIL was "hysterical and we don't know what to do with her." 

I am also continuing to deal with "supportive" family dynamics of my family. I have chosen to shield my husband from this. 

My SIL has taken the hysterics role from my MIL. My poor husband doesn't know if he is coming or going and we are maintaining because someone has to. 
    Oh no. I was hoping that he would just continue to recover. Sending you positive vibes, and hoping that the nonsupportive family members at least keep their mouths shut if they can’t be helpful. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    The condition is severely not good. We wait for the phone to ring while trying to concentrate on summer school lessons. 

My brother did right his asshole-ishness wrongs.