The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    And then there's  this....

I like Pseudo Sue, but it always has a lot of "stuff" floating around in it, in my experience.  Great taste, but whatever settles at the bottom of those cans is more than any other beer I've had.  It's strange.

That happens with unfiltered beers.
    Had a grapefruit seed come out of a beer once.
    It was awesome.
    That's wild.  I expect some "hoppy matter" with the hazys, but the other beers I have must be filtering it a bit more than TG.  I would love to experiment with brewing my own, just for fun.  Need the equipment first.

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    bbiggs said:
    Enjoying this insane Trillium / Other Half recipe share brew 

Looks outstanding!  Can never go wrong with Citra in my opinion.  I planned to go to their taproom or beer garden when I was in Boston for the '18 shows, but was 0 for 2.  My only regret in what was an otherwise awesome weekend.
    I made it to the taproom during the '18 shows and it was worth the hype.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Double post! Happy weekend!
    RK50065 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Enjoying this insane Trillium / Other Half recipe share brew 

Looks outstanding!  Can never go wrong with Citra in my opinion.  I planned to go to their taproom or beer garden when I was in Boston for the '18 shows, but was 0 for 2.  My only regret in what was an otherwise awesome weekend.
    I made it to the taproom during the '18 shows and it was worth the hype.
    That's awesome.  I won't make the same mistake twice when I go back.  Great looking beer you posted...enjoy!

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    More Pipeworks!  Normally I don’t enjoy black IPAs, but this one was very good.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    From Eviltwin Brewing the beer with the longest name ever.
    My Smatown Has Been So Much More Charming Ever Since They Put In New Boutique Condos.
    A double dry-hopped triple IPA 10.5% ABV 

^ Haha. Reminds me of a song with the longest title ever ;)  Big boy beer right there. 🍻
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Haha. Reminds me of a song with the longest title ever ;)  Big boy beer right there. 🍻
    Definitely a big boy beer
    Boozy but not woozy
    I drink plenty of Hop Butcher, but this is one of the better ones I’ve had lately. Juice bomb.

Perfect night to sit outside and have a beer in Chicagoland. Cheers. 
    And now it’s cold so back indoors. 

Tonight's first selection...

• timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    For any Californians out there...Russian River has been doing online sales for in state shipping every week recently due to excess supply caused by the pandemic. I grabbed a 12 pack of Pliny bottles for $92 delivered. They've also had other varieties, mixed packs, and "Pliny for President" cans. If you're interested, I'd suggest following them on IG to get a heads up, as they sell out pretty fast. Slainte!
    Tonight's first selection...

Cigar city is great stuff. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    New release to kick start the afternoon 
    Some of the weekend options...

Shared a couple barrel aged stout and barley wines last night. Usually more of a winter beer, but they were excellent. 

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Enjoying this while watching the 2016 Toronto boot

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • WhiteriotWhiteriot Posts: 40
    My local brewery has reopened for collections...

Hoppy daze
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Happy Fathers Day everyone!
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617

Enjoying this one from Vitamin Sea.... they have quickly become my (almost) favorite brewery.  They are right up there with TreeHouse and Trillium and often times surpass them.  They are only open 2 days a week and usually sell out within a few hours.... if anyone hasn't been out there yet, give it a try!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

Enjoying this one from Vitamin Sea.... they have quickly become my (almost) favorite brewery.  They are right up there with TreeHouse and Trillium and often times surpass them.  They are only open 2 days a week and usually sell out within a few hours.... if anyone hasn't been out there yet, give it a try!

In Cleveland?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Malroth said:

In Cleveland?
    They're in Weymouth, MA, south of Boston
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver

Up next today is DDH Sungazer from Charlestowne Fermentory in Charleston, SC
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Happy Fathers Day everyone!
    These Creature Comfort brews have a fantastic color to them. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited June 2020
    Tree House was worth it (stopped on the way up to NH and the way back, way back had to wait an ungodly hour-plus in line but again worth it...

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^want
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Lot of great looking brews today, folks!  I’ll add to it with one of my favorite breweries. Cheers!

One more for tonight. Sign me up for anything with Vic Secret.