Subliminal imagery in the Jeremy video.

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
Curious as too how many people noticed toward the end of the video,that the children in the classroom went from having their hands over their hearts during the pledge of allegiance,to giving the Hitler salute,then back to having their hands over their hearts again?
Tagged:

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    joseph33 said:
    Curious as too how many people noticed toward the end of the video,that the children in the classroom went from having their hands over their hearts during the pledge of allegiance,to giving the Hitler salute,then back to having their hands over their hearts again?
    It was noticed 
    I miss igotid88
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    igotid88 said:
    joseph33 said:
    It was noticed 
    I must have seen the video a thousand times,and never noticed it.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited April 2020
    It was called the bellamy Salute before fascists co-opted it. The U.S. used to salute the flag this way. Look it up.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    joseph33 said:
    igotid88 said:
    joseph33 said:
    It was noticed 
    Lol...how is this even possible? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    joseph33 said:
    igotid88 said:
    joseph33 said:
    It was noticed 
    Lol...how is this even possible? 
    ADHD
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    I find the 90210 reference interesting.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Isn't the Bellamy salute only in the uncensored one? Of course, now that the unedited version is out, I can't find the edited version.

This is a little bit of my own personal Mandela Effect, but that scene in the classroom where they're all doing that salute, I swear I remember a Nazi flag or one where the swastika is in place of the stars of the American flag...but I'm also 95% sure I'm making that up.

And...another interesting thing...during the "try to forget this" bit, there's a scene where he's running through leaves on the ground....leaves on ground, fall, end of life, downfall...maybe?

The scene with the fire could be reminiscent of Hell, maybe?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    I find the 90210 reference interesting.

I'm just now reminded of Eddie's quote about killing yourself to get the headline and then people move on and forget about it. But if you don't kill yourself, maybe you get longer-lasting fame and fortune?

Eddie also said something about how the song was partially based on someone he knew...maybe with LA ties?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Isn't the Bellamy salute only in the uncensored one? Of course, now that the unedited version is out, I can't find the edited version.

This is a little bit of my own personal Mandela Effect, but that scene in the classroom where they're all doing that salute, I swear I remember a Nazi flag or one where the swastika is in place of the stars of the American flag...but I'm also 95% sure I'm making that up.

And...another interesting thing...during the "try to forget this" bit, there's a scene where he's running through leaves on the ground....leaves on ground, fall, end of life, downfall...maybe?

It was in the censored one. But it was quick
    I miss igotid88
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited June 2020

I've always took in that way based on The Divine Comedy (Dante's "Inferno") that suicides are damned to the 7th circle of Hell. It might be in the Bible that suicides go to Hell as well, but I've haven't read much of the Bible so I'm not sure.  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com