Options

Eddie’s autograph- this legit?

Jalf991Jalf991 Posts: 35
Picked this up at a second hand store. Price was right so I took a shot. 

If this is the wrong place for this kinda request, let me know! 

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Cool find. Looks legit to my untrained eye.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Loujoe said:
    Cool find. Looks legit to my untrained eye.

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Ed's autograph is all over the place, it seems to change by the signature.  It has characteristics of others he has done like the wave, the dot after Vedder.  The only thing that looks out of place is the V and how it bends over to the right. I have seen others with that trait, but not many, so who the hell knows.  If you think it is real, man it is real.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    Looks pretty good to me. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Hope you're name is Brad
  • Options
    Looks good. It’s fading on my banjo, but same style.
  • Options
    Hope you're name is Brad
    Haha if only. But for $24.99, I didn’t mind
  • Options
    Looks good. It’s fading on my banjo, but same style.
    Thanks for sharing! Appreciate it. Looks good to me!
  • Options
    Man that's sweet. I met ed once at 4am. Had something for him to sign. Big Pete laid down the law, Eddie's not signing anything. Ok...so I met him chatted for a few seconds. Got a couple picks, someone had an Orpheum lp, asked ed to sign and it got taken away.
    Enjoy your score. Frame it up, put a sticker on the outside of the glass over brads name with your name on it!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    hrd2imgn said:
    Ed's autograph is all over the place, it seems to change by the signature.  It has characteristics of others he has done like the wave, the dot after Vedder.  The only thing that looks out of place is the V and how it bends over to the right. I have seen others with that trait, but not many, so who the hell knows.  If you think it is real, man it is real.
    i was gonna say the same thing about the V but i'd guess it's legit.  great find!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    While the autograph looks legit for the most part, however, finding this at a second hand store (for $24.99 no less!) instead of a memorabilia store is making me doubt the signatures authenticity. Hear me out, Brad had to be a fairly hardcore fan if he went through the trouble of obtaining an autograph personalized to him, on one of the bands lesser known albums no less! Why would Brad get rid of such a prized possession like that, especially if he didn't get much in return for it monetary wise? Just a thought...
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    While the autograph looks legit for the most part, however, finding this at a second hand store (for $24.99 no less!) instead of a memorabilia store is making me doubt the signatures authenticity. Hear me out, Brad had to be a fairly hardcore fan if he went through the trouble of obtaining an autograph personalized to him, on one of the bands lesser known albums no less! Why would Brad get rid of such a prized possession like that, especially if he didn't get much in return for it monetary wise? Just a thought...
    Maybe Brad had a significant other he pissed off and they sold his stuff out from under him for revenge ;)
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

Good point.

But being a hobbyist of another type of collectible community, we’ve seen some very rare stuff show up in antique stores, estate sales, Goodwill and eBay, cheaply priced with the sellers being clueless about what they have. We’re thinking that as older hobbyists pass away, family trying to disperse the deceased’s belongings don’t know anything about collectibles or values. Things also get stolen, left behind, traded, given away, etc. So it stands to reason that this type of stuff is showing up in unexpected places more and more.

No clue if the sig is legit but not out of the realm of possibility. For $25, hey, why not. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    You used to be able to send a picture to the 10 Club and they would verify the autograph. Not sure if they still provide this service.
  • Options
    got this from a church sale for a buck! Wasnt gonna buy it. Have it on vinyl, but figured why not. Didnt know it was signed til I got home
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    edited June 2020
    I’m no expert but I say real.  Besides the signature looking right...  If you google photos of other personalized autographs from Ed you can see that the word “for” is dead on perfect.  

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    All our priceless stuff is heading to the thrift store someday. 

I think this cd found you. 
    Crazy talk....no

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Loujoe said:
    All our priceless stuff is heading to the thrift store someday. 

I think this cd found you. 
    Crazy talk....no

Not mine! I’ll be sure to have anything that’s of value or considered priceless imo identified somewhere so my family knows what’s worth keeping and what’s not. 
  • Options
    ^^^good idea^^