PJ Song Most Love That You Don't / PJ Song Most Don't Like And You Do

Comments

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923

Dislike/others love - Inside Job (not that I dislike it, it's just OK to me)

Love/others dislike - My Father's Son (this one gets a lot of hate, I really like it)

2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    rummy said:
    Ah yes. I forgot about Low Light. Some list it as there favourite, which surprises me.
    I don't get Low Light as a favorite either.  That's a song I don't think translated well live.  It's a nice song, well-placed in Yield, but I would rather listen to it in that context.

Although I do like the way EV holds that last note.
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253

Dislike/others love - Sirens

Love/others dislike - Buckle Up

• Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited June 2020
    Dislike/others love: Wishlist, Infallible, 7O’Clock (I think, maybe. Don’t dislike it, but not understanding the hype yet)

Love/others, not so much: Jeremy, Evenflow, SBWM
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • ElEl Posts: 139

Dislike/others love - Off the Earth / 

Love/others dislike - Parachutes / Fixer

Music is what feelings sound like.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yellow Moon, Bee Girl, Parachutes.  All are, in my opinion, bad songs.  Actually dislike them and skip them.

I love Jeremy and Even Flow.  Not getting sick of those anytime soon.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 270
    Dislike/Others Love: Rearviewmirror. I don't hate it. It just seems to drone on in places. And the jam during a live show just always so to never fit quite right.
    Love/Others Dislike: Better Man. I'll never tire of that song no matter how much I hear it.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    edited June 2020
    Dislike / Others Love: Breakerfall and YellowLedbetter. 
    Love / Others Dislike: Even Flow / Help Help. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Dislike / Others Love: No code as a hole bottom 3/4 album imo (besides Red mos and present tense )

Love / Others Dislike: riot act / avocado 🥑 

This is not in any way trying to be controversial, I’m younger 31 and I feel like I don’t connect to no code in the ways a lot of others do to this album. Riot act I absolutely love, lbc and I am mine two top 5 songs for me. Avocado 🥑 is special to me too I can blast it any time front to back and it takes me back to when I was 18, and my buddy’s pops won the cd from wmmr and me and all my friends played it on repeat. 
  • brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 230
    Inside Job

Faithfull - I think enough people like this song, I just happen to think it’s maybe one of the 10 best songs they’ve recorded.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited June 2020
    Others like I’m not as big a fan of: Lightning Bolt, SBWM, I Am Mine

I love/others aren’t as much: Black Red Yellow, Sad, You Are, Yellow Moon, Gonna See My Friend
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Love The Fixer.  The chorus defines Pearl Jam IMO
    I too almost went with this for song I love...
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Another take from me

dislike/others love: Betterman
    love/others dislike: Who You Are
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Dislike/others love: Last Kiss, Come Back
    love/others dislike: Sirens, the lyrics started to hit me really hard the last few years. I still love Even Flow. It was the song that first got me into the band in 1992 and this past Tuesday, I was picking up my 6 month old grandson to watch him and Even Flow started playing on their XM station. He got a big smile on his face and started making noises like he was singing along. It was so cute! My wife said he did the same thing later in the day with a Cranberries song.  
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Others love/I don’t:  Betterman, Dissident, Jeremy, Sad, inside Job

I love/others don’t:  this list could be huge for me. I absolutely love Rival, Help Help, Retrograde, In the Moonlight, You Are and many more that seem to be in the more low ranking of PJ songs. 

And I’ll never understand the amount of shit that has been piled on Ole. Don’t get me wrong I don’t necessarily seek it out to listen a lot but it’s about the same as a The Fixer for me. 

Oh and up until Gigaton, Of The Earth was the most interesting PJ song had come up with in years. Absolutely LOVE it
  • ty914ty914 Posts: 6
    Dislike / Others Love:  Ten - count me in the production makes it unlistenable camp.  Even Flow in particular. I'd be fine never hearing it again.

Love / Others dislike:  All Night, In the Moonlight, Rival, Johnny Guitar, Speed of Sound, My Father's Son, Buckle Up
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    ty914 said:
    Dislike / Others Love:  Ten - count me in the production makes it unlistenable camp.  Even Flow in particular. I'd be fine never hearing it again.

Love / Others dislike:  All Night, In the Moonlight, Rival, Johnny Guitar, Speed of Sound, My Father's Son, Buckle Up
    Whoa.  You dislike Ten.  The whole record?
    Everyone gets their opinion, this one is just something that surprised me.

You also like some of the songs I would list as the worst....which shows how different the tastes of two people who love the same band can be.

Cool 
    edited June 2020

ty914 said:

You also like some of the songs I would list as the worst....which shows how different the tastes of two people who love the same band can be.

Cool 

Yeah, honestly the only songs from Ten I can really say I like are Oceans and Jeremy.  I'll listen to live versions of Alive, Porch, and Release though.  I understand the appeal of it, and why it means so much to so many people, I just never connected to it.

Post edited by ty914 on
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I love hearing from those who have different taste in the catalog from me.  It's definitely had me going back and revisiting songs and finding new appreciation for them.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    ty914 said:

ty914 said:

Cool 

Yeah, honestly the only songs from Ten I can really say I like are Oceans and Jeremy.  I'll listen to live versions of Alive, Porch, and Release though.  I understand the appeal of it, and why it means so much to so many people, I just never connected to it.

Can I ask how old you are?
    (Wondering if perhaps you became a fan well after the release of Ten?)
    Either way, it matters not.  You enjoy what you enjoy and keep rocking!
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited June 2020
    ty914 said:

ty914 said:

Cool 

It would be weird yet kind of cool to start listening to Pearl later on (much like I did for bands like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin). Being around from the beginning during all the hype certainly must be different than getting into a band after the fact. 

FTR, I’m not trying to imply this makes me a “superior” Pearl Jam fan. This is definitely not the case as I’ve definitely/regrettably taken extended breaks from the bands over the years. I’m also the first to admit that my tastes were molded by all the media funneled media attention that was given to the band back in the day. It would be very cool to start listening to an entire catalog of a band with minimal outside influence.
    Post edited by rummy on
    ty914 said:

ty914 said:

Cool 

38. I had Ten and Vs in the early 90s, but Vitalogy / No Code really put them over the top for me.  I was probably at the age to really "get it" by that point.    
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Cant Deny Me  I think one of their worst

love Pilate live
  • ty914 said:

We are totally opposite PJ fans. 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    hrd2imgn said:

love Pilate live
    I almost chose Pilate. So fortunate to have caught it live. Always been one of my favs for that chorus.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    not a fan of 
    even flow 
    jeremy
    elderly woman
    yellow ledbetter

danny d
    ty914 said:
    ty914 said:

ty914 said:

Cool 

38. I had Ten and Vs in the early 90s, but Vitalogy / No Code really put them over the top for me.  I was probably at the age to really "get it" by that point.    
    Cool.  I would have guessed younger by your original post but I get it based on this.  
    rummy said:
    ty914 said:

ty914 said:

Cool 

It would be weird yet king of cool to start listening to Pearl later on (much like I did for bands like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin). Being around from the beginning during all the hype certainly must be different than getting into a band after the fact. 

FTR, I’m not trying to imply this makes me a “superior” Pearl Jam fan. This is definitely not the case as I’ve definitely/regrettably taken extended breaks from the bands over the years. I’m also the first to admit that my tastes were molded by all the media funneled media attention that was given to the band back in the day. It would be very cool to start listening to an entire catalog of a band with minimal outside influence.
    Agree.  I wondered something along these lines when listening to the LZep collection the other day.  If I was around back when they come out would I like some of the later stuff as much as I do?
    What about Floyd?
    Of course, many other bands to fit into that category.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    KN219077 said:
    hrd2imgn said:

love Pilate live
    I almost chose Pilate. So fortunate to have caught it live. Always been one of my favs for that chorus.
    I love everything but the chorus of Pilate!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Dislike/others love - Jeremy and Wishlist

Love/others dislike - You Are and Evenflow
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory